Oh..Dilemma...really need advice :(

I think ultimately you have to do what feels right for you. Personally I would stick with it, there will always be a reason to have a day off but for me that never outweighed the one reason for keeping with it - to lose the weight and get on with my life. I always felt that once I reached goal there would be the rest of my life to go out and enjoy myself.

xx

I think ultimately you have to do what feels right for you. Personally I would stick with it, there will always be a reason to have a day off but for me that never outweighed the one reason for keeping with it - to lose the weight and get on with my life. I always felt that once I reached goal there would be the rest of my life to go out and enjoy myself.

xx

the problem I have with that is that I worry that by denying myself these special occasions with my mates I am excluding myself socially.. and I don't want that to hinder my social life.

What is the point of having this new life if I have become alienated from my friends if they don't bother asking me out anymore cus for the past 8 or so months I have turned them down hahaha

the problem I have with that is that I worry that by denying myself these special occasions with my mates I am excluding myself socially.. and I don't want that to hinder my social life.

What is the point of having this new life if I have become alienated from my friends if they don't bother asking me out anymore cus for the past 8 or so months I have turned them down hahaha
I'm back again ;)

It's a choice isn't it? We can see CD as a sacrifice and resent it for the stuff we can't do, the programme is long and hard. I found when I made it part of my life, and realised I could still go out, I was going out to see my friends instead of being besotted by menus :), life was just fine. You have a long haul ahead of you. Try to find a middle ground x

Oh dear, poor Ant, you are finding it difficult to make a decision here. Perhaps the next step would be to speak to your CD consultant for his/her advice.
Let us know what you plan to do x

Hi

Just to add my view although it may not be appreciated. First off you know what is right for you everyone is different so people would make different decisions regarding your dilemma. I would just like to add my point for your consideration - I was on CD SS last year stuck at it 100% for 12weeks - I then had my week off and went away - (this was in August 09) - I lived and breathed CD absolutely loved the diet and did not consider that it would be a problem to start again - however I was sooooooo wrong - it has taken from then until now (4months) for me to actually get back on track and start SS 100% again even though I knew I was gaining weight. I am not weak willed as I said I was 100% for 12weeks which even involved my sisters wedding but I stayed 100% SS for that as well. The problem with coming off is that you then start to move the goal posts - you have 2 days off but then on the third day you really fancy x y or z so you have it because you can always start tomorrow and then that doesnt stop.
I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear but if i had stuck at this without my week off I would of been at goal and it really upsets me that this is all because of that one week. I am back on track now and will get to my goal but this time round nothing is that important for me coming off this diet and honestly restarting can be harder than what you may think.
As I said though everyone is different but just wanted to share my opinion - do what is best for you and good luck with whatever choice you make.

x x x

I appreciate everyone's comments on this :D
I really do not have a clue what I am going to do yet.. I am an indecisive guy most of the time so I really do look to see what is best.

My gut tells me to stay on the diet and miss the leaving party. If I know I am going to come off in March for a day or two I might as well stick to this for the next month or so. I will phone my CDC later and just ask her advice but I think I might just leave it :(

I have been here hun. My CDC has always told me that for special events to move up to ss+ and drink either gin or vodka only, with diet coke.

Because of the small amount of food inside my tummy I was merry as hell after 2 vodka and diet cokes! LMAO

Don't worry about it, go along and enjoy yourself. :D

Hugs x x x

My advice?

Please please please enjoy the day, celebrate your work colleague and your friend and eat what you want to. I would probably pass on the drinks but as I have said earlier, when you cannot enjoy a social occasion such as this for one day in the knowledge that the next day you will be back on the wagon, then you really will have an unhealthy relationship with foods - and an unhealthy social life too.

You have to be flexible - it's a long journey so in my opnion, don't make it a prison sentence!!

Hey all :)

Just thought I would update you to say that after a long time thinking about it I have decided to not go in the evening to the leaving do. Instead I have offered to take her out to lunch and have an SS+ meal and water instead. I feel much more in control that way and at least I am not going to veer completely off course yet still have a nice lunch with her to say goodbye :)

Back