Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

oh doodoo

Discussion in 'Exante' started by kirsty2012, 16 October 2010 Social URL.

1. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    are we defo allowed curry powder in the tom soup cos i read on here a few do.....but just checked to pot and it has onion powder in eekkk

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    If you are worried about ketosis, then dont be. I think a tablespoon of curry powder has about 6g of carb in it, and i doubt you are using that much.

The official line (from a medical site i saw once, but cant remember where) states than anything less than 130g carb a day is low carb. That sounds pretty high to me, for instance 1 slice from a small hovis is 9.5g of carb, so on the basis of the official line you could eat almost a loaf and half a day and still be low carbing.

I think the generally accepted level is 80g or less a day, Exante gives you something like 58g a day, so a few extra carbs and minimal calories are not going to hurt, especially if it makes the soups more palatable.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I must admit Ive never added anything to the soups but I know a lot of people do kirsty :)

5. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I add curry powder to the tomato soup and its never knocked me out of ketosis. Maybe it would be different if I were having it every day but since its only twice a week max it isnt having any effect.

6. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    Thanks everyone....that's true jo! It does make it taste alot better

Starlight likes this.
  7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If adding something makes it actually pleasant as opposed to 'medicine' I wouldnt hesitate

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.