oh goddddddddddddddd

Dawnyo

My parents are pressuring me to go for curry tomorrow. ive said no, but they are giving me the big guilt trip. ive told them im doing slimming world and i dont want to ruin my diet. "oh but one day wont make any difference" Why do people say that? I have to go or i wont have any peace. Any ideas of what i can have? I have used 70 of my 105 syns. i weigh in on Tuesday. ohhhh goooddddddd......

make that 79 syns......

could you suggest you want to cook instead then cook a sw curry at home for them? nom nom mushy pea curry is oh so yummy!

im no use sorry i avoid eating out.. i tell my kids we are poor now to avoid take out night and cook in instead

My consultant says tell people your full rather than on a diet when someone offers you food then you don't get the but one wont hurt your diet scenario so maybe you need to choose wisely boiled rice, chicken curry lowest cal sauce i don't know about currys but their must be one which is better than others avoid the naans and samosa thingies and tell the family your full and cant eat it all, might work to get them off your back a bit?

Go and have a good time with your family. You can't avoid restaurants forever! Have some chicken tikka pieces without sauce, plain boiled rice and lots of salad with dressing on the side. Or you could have a bit of curry but order seafood or chicken breast curry and pick out the meat with minimal sauce. I know it's important to focus on SW but don't alienate your family just because you're trying to lose weight. You're fortunate to have a family who love you and want to spend time with you!

Last edited:
ho Honeyoc, you are sooo right. Brought a tear to my eye.... yes, i will choose wisely. I love my family and am so lucky to have both my parents. ty

Bombay potatoes average portion 7 syns on EE 340g is considered an average portion
Chapati average 7.5 syns on EE each
Chicken curry average portion 11.5 syns on EE 390g
Chicken Dhansak average portion 6.5 syns on EE 350g
Chicken Jalfrezi " " 8.5 " " 350g
Chicken Khashmiri " " 9.5 " " 350g
Poppadoms 4 syns each
Chutney 2 syns per level tbsp
Onion Bhaji 8.5 syns per average 1
Plain boiled rice FREE
Pilau Rice 2.5 per 180g serving
Samosas meat 2 small ones for 12.5 syns
Veg Samosas 2 small ones 7.5 syns
Chickpea Dhal 5 syns for 350g

These are the kind of things I would go for...gl xx

boiled rice for me then........lol

boiled rice for me then........lol

lmao xx

Why not be adventurous and have a side salad with that and a pint not a half but a pint of iced water yum yum lol x

If you are going for an Indian curry, ask for the Shashlik (pronounced Shashleek)

It is chicken, onions, tomatoes and peppers skewered and dry fried in spices. It is normally served with a salad and I find that I don't really need any rice or bread with it.

This is what I always have and it never affects my weight loss. Go and enjoy yourself :)

lmao xx

Why not be adventurous and have a side salad with that and a pint not a half but a pint of iced water yum yum lol x

now that's just going too far on the overindulgence Lily! ;)

If any of you live in Merseyside we have a curry house called the Balti Spice. They make slimming world curries by adapting every recipe by cooking with fry light and using fat free yoghurt etc. It's such a good idea and makes life so easy for eating out x

I think if the idea was put to local curry houses maybe some would take it on. In St Helens where I live it's always packed out as everyone goes there and the food tastes even better.
In Liverpool city centre they have a cafe which just does slimming world and weight watchers meals.
Another good find is our local butcher is certified from slimming world as all his sausages are syn free as well as his burgers and marinated chicken breasts. He has an online shop but not sure how expensive it would be.

In Liverpool city centre they have a cafe which just does slimming world and weight watchers meals.

omg- name/directions from queens square- pretty please! :D

It's called Skinnimalinx .... Have you got Facebook as they have a page on there. I can't remember the street name off the top of my head. It's amazing every town should have one xx

It's called Skinnimalinx .... Have you got Facebook as they have a page on there. I can't remember the street name off the top of my head. It's amazing every town should have one xx

i do indeedy- i shall check them out on there.

i'm going to red hot tomorrow (yeah....its gonna be fun LOL) as a treat for meeting a mini target. but i would like to find somewhere to go when i'm back at uni

i went to a cafe called hole in the wall- its not far from bold street/central station. i had a lovely salad- it was HUGE. i just had ham and healthy stuff- it was lovely :) they do cakes and stuff, and sammiches, but the salads are pretty epic :)

That cafe sounds great! Do you know what you butcher is called? I famcy ordering some meat online? xx

Back