oh great... bring on the tissues...

ColJack

Gold Member
Miracle on 34th street is on this afternoon..
always makes me well up..
actually a lot of christmas films do that...
bah I hate being "in touch with my feminine side"....

I managed to miss this one (work) pity as not seen it in a few years. No doubt I'll compensate by watching Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life in the next day and a half:)

Should you want to "re-dress the balance" - The Usual Suspects is on Sky Modern Greats at 2.25am.

Steve

i only ever saw the 1995[i think] ...i liked it...i never saw the 1947 one...is it good ..is it better..if it is i must make a point of seeing it

i do feel childish at 28 /nearly 29 watching these movies

I don't really like black and white films..
the only one I've really watched more than once was "To kill a mocking bird", and that's only because I watched it while playing a game once.. actually IN th game..
it was on a telly in the game and you could sit and watch it.. great idea.. :)

Oh I love black and white movies. Check out How Green Was My Valley, It's A Wonderful Life and even Geordie - a lot of sentimental old "tosh" but sometimes that is good for the soul.

Got it's a wonderful life all ready to watch, love it :) xx

Got it's a wonderful life all ready to watch, love it :) xx
I have to admit to watching it again too.

Should be compulsary viewing on Christmas Eve before the kids go to bed. Actually should be compulsary for everyone!

Everytime a bell rings.....

what a wonderful film. I liked the remake too =- remember taking the kids to watch the remake back then - didn't realise it was all those years ago though- now I'm getting tearful just thinking about how old the kids are and wishing they were all little and munchible again.

softie me.

I only managed to watch the end, but think it's on 'sky anytime' at the mo so may watch it tomorrow afternoon before I have to return to bloomin work on Wednesday.

Back