Oh heck - I'm going to wear a dress!

couteaux

Silver Member
A couple of months ago I bought a lovely dress but didn't have the courage to wear it out - I'm always in trousers or long skirts and this dress is knee high.

I'm off to an event tonight and... i'm going to wear it! I feel like such a ninny being nervous, but I feel really exposed. However, I was rather pleased when I looked in the mirror, I can actually see where some of the weight has come off and I am even more determined to keep at it as things can only get better.

Just had to share (now slightly concerned I'll walk around with dress tucked in my knickers or the wind will blow it over my head - eeeeeek lol!) ;)

I haven't worn a dress or even a skirt for YEARS, so can imagine how 'exposed' you will feel. But good for you for trying it on now, and acknowledging (?) the weight you've lost. Have a great evening!

Know just how you feel, I bought a lovely silky teal coloured dress to wear to a special event, I was so nervous. I usually wore black and I didnt do dresses because nothing looked right. But now the weight is coming off in all the right places and I wore the dress and had so many compliments from family and friends (which I find hard to take, stupid I know). This diet is slowly giving me my confidence back. THANK YOU SLIMMING WORLD!!!

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like this then :)

Jodidi - really pleased to hear you had a good experience when you wore yours, sounds like you looked fantastic!!

I love this plan too - eating loads of good food and getting results - bliss :) If wine were syn free, it would be perfection ;)

Back