Oh heck - I'm going to wear a dress!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by couteaux, 20 July 2009 Social URL.

1. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    A couple of months ago I bought a lovely dress but didn't have the courage to wear it out - I'm always in trousers or long skirts and this dress is knee high.

I'm off to an event tonight and... i'm going to wear it! I feel like such a ninny being nervous, but I feel really exposed. However, I was rather pleased when I looked in the mirror, I can actually see where some of the weight has come off and I am even more determined to keep at it as things can only get better.

Just had to share (now slightly concerned I'll walk around with dress tucked in my knickers or the wind will blow it over my head - eeeeeek lol!) ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Roz V

Roz V Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't worn a dress or even a skirt for YEARS, so can imagine how 'exposed' you will feel. But good for you for trying it on now, and acknowledging (?) the weight you've lost. Have a great evening!

4. jodidi

jodidi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!
    Know just how you feel, I bought a lovely silky teal coloured dress to wear to a special event, I was so nervous. I usually wore black and I didnt do dresses because nothing looked right. But now the weight is coming off in all the right places and I wore the dress and had so many compliments from family and friends (which I find hard to take, stupid I know). This diet is slowly giving me my confidence back. THANK YOU SLIMMING WORLD!!!

5. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels like this then :)

Jodidi - really pleased to hear you had a good experience when you wore yours, sounds like you looked fantastic!!

I love this plan too - eating loads of good food and getting results - bliss :) If wine were syn free, it would be perfection ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.