Oh no!!!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
For the last 2 weeks iv been having porridge for breakfast. Because i found it took too long in the mornings to cook and then cool the porridge i bought some Quakers oat so simple thinking great, its exactly the same but is much quicker and easier. But.........iv just found out their between 5 and 6 1/2 syns per sachet!!!!! ahhhhh and this morning i went and bought my local shop out because they were on offer!!! :cry:

And i bought some yummy kelloggs mini breaks and their 5 syns per bag! :(

oh thats good, sorry its only my second week! how about the flavoured ones? can they be a hexb?

My heart nearly stopped when I saw this thread as I have quaker oats nearly every morning! The plain ones are fine for a heb x

How have you been cooking your porridge?

I do mine in the microwave - boil the kettle while weigh porridge, and then cook on medium-high for 3 mins.
Then stir in a yogurt /fruit/ sweetener to your taste.

The yogurt makes it creamy and cools it to just the right temperature for eating.

i cook mine with skimmed milk in the microwave.

can the kelloggs mini breaks be a hexb?

No affraid not. As for porridge, if you soak it overnight it hardly needs any cooking in the morning. Oats so simple are 5 for the plain ones and the flavoured ones are 6and half so in theory you could have them as a healthy option and count 1.5 syns but this isn't going by the book and you may not get the desired results. Things flavoured are often sweeter and cause your blood sugar to boost up and then drop quickly leaving you hungry a couple of hours later, It is probably best tto stick to the plain ones.

How have you been cooking your porridge?

I do mine in the microwave - boil the kettle while weigh porridge, and then cook on medium-high for 3 mins.
Then stir in a yogurt /fruit/ sweetener to your taste.

The yogurt makes it creamy and cools it to just the right temperature for eating.

Agree with this 100%!! I always stir in some 0% yogurt in my porridge :D

Got some in the fridge i might try it tomorrow cheers :)

I tried a strawberry activia yoghurt in mine the other week but I wasn't too keen to be honest, I oly added a spoonful though so it might of been better with the whole tub

Oats so simple are 5 for the plain ones and the flavoured ones are 6and half so in theory you could have them as a healthy option and count 1.5 syns but this isn't going by the book and you may not get the desired results.

Oh I don't think I would recommend this. When you compare the content of the original to the flavoured ones there is a lot less porridge oats (and therefore fibre) and way more sugar.

Oh I don't think I would recommend this. When you compare the content of the original to the flavoured ones there is a lot less porridge oats (and therefore fibre) and way more sugar.
Wow good information thank you. I personally can't stand the flavoured ones xx

I find a pot of yogurt does me two mornings worth of porridge. Use the vanilla if you don't like your porridge fruity.

I put some frozen berries in a bowl, sprinkle with sweetener.
Weigh out your porridge and mix with natural yogurt and sweetener to taste. Pour over the berries and leave overnight in the fridge.
It's lovely, I warm it up slightly in the microwave too, Its so filling too..

Back