Oh to be a consistent Target Member!!

I slept well last night.
Scales were down another 1/2lb and that surprised me after my large lunch of beans yesterday...I've always had a question mark about whether they hindered me?

Green day with carbs,
Day 4

Breakfast: Options (2) chopped banana, nectarine, grapes, strawberries. Alpro plain Yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: (Free) Asda mexican chilli mince, roasty potatoes (frylight), (SF) cauliflower, runner beans, carrots.

Snack: Options (2) small bar choc (7)

Supper: (SF) mixed salad, pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds 1 dsp of each (HexB) Feta cheese (HexB) (Free) fat free dressing.

Total syns: 11
Water - 2+ litres

Walking 60mins in country park and 20mins local.

Feels like it's been another good day for me.

It sounds like a good day.

Slept iffy last night but feel alright today.
Scales STS.

Day 5
Green Day - no carbs

Breakfast: Options (2) (SF) chopped banana, strawberries, nectarine & grapes with Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A.)

Lunch: SW quiche - (SF) cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, green beans, onions, peppers, mushrooms, (Free) peas, 3 eggs, Feta cheese (Hex A) 35g Soya cheese (Hex B) (ate whole quiche!)

Snack: cup Options (2) small bar 85% dark choc (7)

Supper: mixed salad: (SF) lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, pepper, sp. onion, radishes. Tuna (Hex B) & really light mayo (1/2), fat free Italian dressing.

Total syns: 11 1/2

Water 2+ litres.

So there I was eating my healthy salad with tuna mayo and my husband enjoying the apple pie I baked him this afternoon with chocolate ice cream!! :sigh: :D

On another subject....I read on another post that someone was getting out their 50 Free Green recipes book!! Now, why didn't I think of that? :eek:

Last edited:
Not so sure about that...scale was UP 1lb this morning...feel a bit exasperated about that!! Don't want to bore anyone with too much detail but I'm feeling perhaps the 85% choc is 'slowing' my system up...think I will have to get some 72% quick.
Jaffa, I know I've been 1-1.5 over my syns the last couple of days, maybe I should get back to 10? I know that's the rule...

Ok so started the day a 1lb up and didn't feel happy about that but we carry on!

Day 6
Green day - no carbs

Breakfast: Options (2) chopped banana, 2 plums, strawberries, grapes. Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: (Leftover) (Free) Asda mexican chilli mince, frylight. (SF) roasted butternut squash, zucchini, whole yellow pepper. Steamed cauliflower, carrots & green beans.

Snack: Options (2) Alpro dark choc dessert (5 1/2)

Supper: (SF) mixed salad. (Free) fat free dressing. Feta cheese (Hex B)

Total syns: 9 1/2

Water - 2+ litres

Walked in country park for 90 mins.

Hope today's eating helps me....:cool:

Just realised I've had another no carbs day....obviously I've got used to that pretty quickly! :D

Last edited:
Day 7

Green day - carbs

Breakfast: Options (2) (SF) chopped banana, plum, nectarine, grapes with Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: (Free) small jacket potato, 2 Linda Mc. Rosemary & onion sausages. (SF) tinned tomatoes.

Snack: Options (2) Alpro choc dessert (5)

Supper: (SF) mixed salad, feta cheese + 1 dsp sunflower seeds (Hex B) (Free) fat free dressing.

Total syns: 9

Water 2+ litres

Walked 60 mins.

Well that's my last day of week 1 of Kay's Salad Challenge. (I didn't sign up though because I wanted to start straight after my weigh in last week.)

Will be interesting to see what the scales say at group tomorrow morning....:D

Well....where to start! This morning at home I was down another 3/4lb. Weighed myself fully clothed and that meant I was at my lowest target weight permitted. But when I got to group I was 1/2lb under target!! Was not expecting that!! I'm sure I can get that back up again though! ha ha!!

Then we voted for Woman of the Year! I was one of five ladies asked to give a little resume of our SW journeys, so that was an honour even to be voted for. A lovely lady was the winner. Then...I won a raffle prize...basket of fresh veggies!!

So have been thinking about the salad challenge and whether to continue. I have certainly reined in my bad habits during last week which is a good thing.
I'm thinking that I'll have a carb option every day and see how I do with that?

Wow well done you

Quick buy a lottery ticket tonight !

You could do what I intend to do and weigh in with shoes on

I think I am going to keep up with proper traditional red and green days with hexs on both days as per SW and still try to keep to salad or soup now the weather is turning for weekday lunches

Day 1 (of week 2)
Green day - carbs

Breakfast: Options (2) (SF) chopped banana, plum, grapes, nectarine with Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: (Free) Lentils, savoury rice, peas. (SF) cauliflower, carrots. (savoury rice was leftover from the paella I made yesterday for my husband)

Snack: Options (2) small bar 85% choc (7)

Supper: (SF) mixed salad, soya cheese (Hex B) 1 dsp pumpkin seeds & 1 of sunflower seeds (Hex B), pear

Last edited:
Back