OH what a bad week..and i haven't even been weighed yet!

tarlton

Not a great week. Supposed to be on AAM week. Started that 3 days early because i was going away (was planning on doing 3 days ss to make up for it). So this week i started working on placement again (thats 37.5+ hours a week). Unfortunately ss on monday or tuesday did not fair well with me being on my feet all day and burning more calories than eating, so i fainted (twice). Luckily someone took my blood sugar and it was very low, so they gave me a sugary drink and sent me to get some lunch. I had had a sachet at about 6:50 and then a bar at 10:30 (morning break), i fainted at about 12. So i've been having jacket potato (no butter) but with a small portion of cheese almost every lunch time this week to keep my energy levels up( Could have been worse, i could have had yummy hot meal and chips or something). Anyone have any advice?? Shall be weighed in this evening so i can asses the dammage caused. PLus its TOTM so i dont think that helps.

Try not to stress about it too much - talk things through with your counsellor and see what they come up with for you. If you needed the extra calories then so be it.

hmm this is a difficult one, jacket potato and cheese....full of carbs and fat so prob not the best thing to have!, if SS doesn't agree with you, maybe you should try a higher plan?

Hey Tartlon - perhaps you need to be on a higher plan? The extra calories (in a controlled way) should help to stop you fainting x

I have lost 24lbs in 6 weeks of 790, so the losses are fabulous.

I do think you need to be on 790 and not SS.

Also, have you had a word with your GP? See what he says too.

Unfortunately ss on monday or tuesday did not fair well with me being on my feet all day and burning more calories than eating, so i fainted (twice). Luckily someone took my blood sugar and it was very low, so they gave me a sugary drink and sent me to get some lunch.

I would advise you to see your GP if you fainted and your sugar levels were determined to be low. How come someone took your blood sugar levels? were they are a first aider?

I had had a sachet at about 6:50 and then a bar at 10:30 (morning break), i fainted at about 12.

Unless you are diabetic I would be surprised at your sugar levels being low if you have already had 2 of your meals by 10:30.

So i've been having jacket potato (no butter) but with a small portion of cheese almost every lunch time this week to keep my energy levels up.

As another poster has said this is high carb and high fat so you won't lose weight eating this. Just for info Robert Atkins said that if there is one food to omit from the diet (even when the Atkins diet was completed and you were maintaining on 'normal' food) it is potatoes because they are so high carb. (I know other diets will have different ideas).

Anyone have any advice?? Shall be weighed in this evening so i can asses the dammage caused. PLus its TOTM so i dont think that helps.

Just think you really need to be checked out by the GP to see if there was a specific reason for your fainting. I feel faint fairly regularly (but don't actually faint) but I have low blood pressure so nothing to worry about. It is a bit concerning that someone deemed you to have low blood sugar.

Just be safe and get your mind set at rest.

Back