oh, why bother

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Dawnyo, 8 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Dawnyo

Dawnyo Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    ive been going to slimming world for 8 weeks and ive only lost 3 1/2 pounds. put on 1 1/2 pounds tonight. some people losing 5lbs a week. i plan all my meals as we go shopping on a sunday so i do a list and stick to that all week, but.... i do like the wine. i use all my syns on wine. Food i have no problem with. i know, i know...thats why im not losing it. hmmmm, depressed now:needhug::needhug::needhug:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    have you given your C your food diaries for her opinion? how about putting a food diary on here for some constructive comments?

is there any 'hidden syns' in your food, eg salad cream, mayo, tom ketchup?

how much wine do you drink? I think a bottle of wine is 27 syns, could you dilute it with soda or lemonade to make it go further?

are you eating enough?

xx

4. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    :hug99:xx

5. purplelady22

purplelady22 Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I went to slimming world for weeks and only lost 9 lbs I was going up and down my problem eating and not sticking to it.. At least your 3.5 less than when you started.
    Maybe for just one week only drink every other day or give up drink just for one week. Make wine spritzers. check your glass size as you may be giving yourself more than you should.
    Good luck for this week whatever you decided to do.

6. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    kerryathome makes some very good points - how do you fancy doing an online diary?
    Also how close are you to target, I have been losing a few pounds a week, but I have almost 100lbs to lose! If you are close to target, the last few pounds are REALLY hard! x

:hug99:

7. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    If you use all your syns on wine it shouldn't be a problem but if you go over your syns that probably won't help!
    Would have thought there is some erason why you are gaining not losing as much as you would like but it may not be obvious and an online diary could help.
    Someone at my group this week discovered that the coffee sachets she was having at least 2 a day of were 3.5 syns each and she was having them like they were free its surprising how we can all make mistakes!

8. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    OMG!!! Do sachets of coffee have syns? I've been using nescafe ones at work occassionally :eek:

9. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Not the ones with just coffee in but these were 3 in 1 things I think which had sugar and stuff in them sorry if I have panicked you unnecessarily x

10. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Phewwwwwwwwww! Just shows though, you have to check EVERYTHING!! My mate was using batchelors chicken supernoodles as she thought they were free. I pointed out to her that they were 3.5 syns each and the 98% fat free ones were free - she wondered she has struggles with her weight loss when somedays she ate 5 of these plus her other syns x

11. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes - it's easy to make mistakes, and if it's with something you have regularly the syns really add up.

I must admit that my last bit came off quite slowly, considering I was exercising nearly every day. If you closeish to target it might explain why your loss is slower than others.

Anyway - the gain could be 'one of those things' and you'll see it come off next time.

Stick your food diary up on here (with honest wine recording) and we'll try and help xx

12. Stoffie

Stoffie A curious kitten!

Start Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    7st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ** Hug **

Just a thought...have you much weight to lose in the first place? I know my weight losses have been slower than others (most weeks 1lb or 1.5lb). It's frustrating when others around you are losing more but it's something you just have to live with...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.