OH YES I DID IT

Congratulations! you must be thrilled. sorry to hear your consultant wasn't much help. I haven't got to goal before but like the other have already said, you should have extra healthy extras. Everyone needs different amounts to maintain so it will be trial and error really to find the right amount. Good luck maintaining x

Thank you all so much :grouphugg:
Its great to be able to come on here and get so much support, I love this forum.

OMG I got to target tonight :D i am so excited :D any advice on how to stay on target would be appreciated please, i asked my consultant tonight but she wasn't very helpful.

Well done you on hitting target, you must be chuffed! I'm mentally gearing myself up for maintenance, too, and I read an article recently that had some good tips. Here's the link: Maintaining weight loss intro :: Diet Wellbeing :: All About You

Here's a list of the key points they make:

1) Don't ban food. When people are allowed to eat what they like in moderation, they find it easier to maintain weight loss than when foods are forbidden.

2) Always eat breakfast. Follow-up studies of successful maintainers found that nearly 80% ate breakfast every day. Your metabolism slows down overnight, and eating in the morning gets it going.

3) Check your weight regularly. You don't need to be obsessive, but most successful maintainers report getting on the scales once a week to stay focused.

4) Keep a food diary. Write down everything you eat in the early days to help identify unhelpful patterns.

5) Sit down to eat. A recent German study found successful maintainers avoid eating on the hoof, but sit down and take their time over meals.

6) Prepare for tough times. They're bound to happen, particularly in the first six to 12 months. Plan your strategy for coping, whether it's calling a friend or just distracting yourself.

7) Accept your weight might creep up. If it does, don't panic and do something drastic, such as starving yourself or giving up. Eat 75% of your normal portion for dinner, skip wine and do a little more exercise to get back on track.

8) Exercise. There's no getting away from it, regular exercise is the key to keeping weight down, and research shows that maintainers are active for at least an hour every day.

9) Never waste calories. Make a conscious decision to save calories for food that you really enjoy.

10) Check why you're eating. Stop and ask yourself if you're really hungry, or if you're trying to cope with anger, stress or anxiety. If it's the latter, address the matter

11) Eat before you get too hungry. The danger is that the longer you wait, the more likely you are to overeat. Eat balanced meals and eat them regularly.

12) Know it gets easier! When you feel your motivation slipping, remember that research shows the longer you keep the weight off, the less effort it takes.

Some useful pointers there, I think, especially being prepared for little gains and having a plan to combat them.

Well done!!!!!!!!!! You must be so pleased - that's fantastic!

I got to target about 6 weeks ago. Since then I've just stuck to the plan. I haven't upped my helathy extras or my syns and I've just maintained that way. I guess it's all down to the individual how to maintain... You just have to find what works for you. xx

Back