Oh yes! Mmm!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I have just made my first smash pizza!

LOVELY!

I only made it quite small as it was a test, but I piled it high with a nice, home made thick, garlicky and herby tomato sauce, a HEa of cheese and a sliced quorn sausage.

The only thing I'd change would be baking it for a bit longer, but that's cos I was impatient! LOL!

Mmmmmmmm!

I'm sure you'll love it!

I keep meaning to make one!!!

it is lovely! And the kids really liked it too! Just make it really crispy :)

I've just tried my first one and I've got to say it wasn't too bad.

I did however forget to put cheese on it :confused: but it was still nice. It took me a couple of mouthful's to get used to the texture but when I finished I wanted more lol :D

Def worth trying

Gail

How thick do you guys make your crust? I made mine really thin and it was very difficult to chew! LOL! I ended up eating just the toppings :)

Mine was about a cm...I think I could have gone a bit thinner because the middle was still quite soft when the edges were browned and crispy, but that might have also been my fault for having the oven on too high, perhaps. It was flippable though...just...delicately!

Here you are Kerry,
Make up smash with boiling water, but make it quite firm.
Place on a baking tray, that has been sprayed with frylight, spray top of base with frylight too, and put in really hot oven until golden and cripsy...turn over and do the same.
When Cooked,
spoon over some passata mixed with garlic and mixed herbs.
Add chopped onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn and peppers and other free foods to top and cover with allowance of grated cheese.
Put back in oven until cheese has melted and serve!

Its really nice cold as well.

I make it quite often and love it. I make mine not to thin though and leave it in a bit longer as i don't like it too crispy. xxx

How long do you bake the base for? I tried to make one last week and i ended up throwing it out cos i didnt think it looked edible - i may have not left it in long enough (about 15 mins) or have made it a bit too thick. Will try another one tomorrow for lunch :)

Back