Ohhh trying 2 different

jacqui35

Silver Member
foods i dont think i have tried before.

Im doing butternut squash and bacon risotto from ee cookbook and never had butternut squash and dont think had risotto before, it cooking on hob now and nearly ready i hope i like it as im hungry now.

Have a good day all :D

Sounds delicious jacquie, I use Butternut squash quite a bit, but I've never tried to do a rissoto, I'm sure it will be lovely. X

ohhhhh very weird texture.

Had butternut on its own to try and was ok, but its all goooie the risotto and butternut, its nice but very weird lol, taking me ages to eat tbh so might be full before finishing it.

i made that last week and thought it was very nice, however by the time i had nearly finished my portion i was starting to feel pretty queasy as it seemed really really sweet, i could not eat to much of it to be honest

I love butternut squash roasted, but not in a stew or soup etc. Risotto is a gluey type of rice that is gorgeous. You may be better off making it again, but adapting it with chicken and bacon and perhapssome mushrooms.

Risotto is my firm favourite!! But not really with BNS (although I love it roasted!). I'm having risotto for tea with grated courgette and peas with a HEX of parmesan. Can't wait!

Well done for trying it though Jacqui, I love the fact that you are working your way through that cookbook hun!

thanks all, yes of course ive gotta work through cookbook, and tbh not one meal i dont like and the risotto i could try without butternut squash and probably like it more.

Well last night i had spinach and mustard sauce for steak so there is another two things i tried again, the spinach taste of nothing tbh and mustard sauce was different hehehe but still nice with steak and pot mmmmm

I use butternut squash for mash when i'm on a red day, so if I want sausage and mash or any other meat dish and don't have a HEX for potato, I cut BNS into strips and squirt with frylight for chips or cut into chunks, boil and add a tbsn of english mustard and some fat free fromage frais for a fab mash!

BNS is my friend :D

Back