Ok here goes, my journey

Honey, don't be scared to weigh in. Face the scales then you'll know the "worst".

Then, personally I would suggest, either grab the Dukan bull by the horns, knowing that you can control your food (unlike other parts of your life) OR cut yourself some slack, Jo and take diet strains off yourself for the time being. You've got so much going on, that you don't need to give yourself extra pressure at the moment.

Hope this is helpful.

P x

I do start off with good intentions but then "my life" takes over & I comfort eat. I think I'm scared to weigh in because i know i've put weight on (I can feel it) so it'll eaither make me do something about it or I'll eat even more because I'm feeling low anyway.

I dunno I'm a nightmare !

You're not a nightmare, Jo, you're just like all the rest of us. What we really should do is identify the frustration, anger, boredom, whatever it is we're feeling and deal with that, rather than give ourselves food issues to deal with, but that's so much easier said than done. It's especially hard when things are in limbo or out of your control, like your work. Do your best to ride it out, Jo. Be good on the food front when you can, so you don't put all the weight back on, and wait to see the light through the trees (to mix 2 metaphors!). Thinking of you xx

Evening Jo. Stop stressing to start with. (listen to me ha) or you'll get into a vicious circle of guilt then eating. Eating and work are different issues. Work is out of you control, so go with the flow but at home your in charge ....fully.....you decide what happens. Deep breath and be kind to yourself be as Dukan friendly as you can, and get weighed it won't be as bad ad you think xxx

Aww Jo, this all sounds so stressful. I know it's difficult finding work at the moment, but have you considered looking for something else? It might be worth just dropping your CV off to a few agencies, and then they can do the hunting for you. xx

I like the sound of batch cooking, it def works, its just remembering not to eat it all when its cooked LOL.

Hunni, try not to stress too much, take it one day at a time is all you can do. x

Been in a similar boat myself recently hun, the wagon isn't so easy to jump on when it seems it's running at 100mph :eek:

I had to rid the house of the nasties, online shop for online allowed foods and then steer clear of shops :) only way for me x

Aww Jo, this all sounds so stressful. I know it's difficult finding work at the moment, but have you considered looking for something else? It might be worth just dropping your CV off to a few agencies, and then they can do the hunting for you. xx

I know this probably sounds daft because it's the bloody job that's making me feel like I do but I am protected where I am. What I mean by that is I had an accident at work which excelerated my back condition by about 10 years (so they say) so if I have any time off with my back it can't go against me whereas every other illness etc.... can. The other good thing is as well is because I am being made a redeployee (hopefully they will let me go) I wont be forced into a role like some of my collegues. So even though the job is pants I have security & as I still have my mortage which I am still keeping when I eventually move back in with TDM I still have some independance....does that make sense ?

Been in a similar boat myself recently hun, the wagon isn't so easy to jump on when it seems it's running at 100mph :eek:

I had to rid the house of the nasties, online shop for online allowed foods and then steer clear of shops :) only way for me x

Thing is Lotto, I don't have any nasties in, I actually go out & get them myself !!!!!!

So today is a new day, thanks everyone for you advice yesterday. I think what I am going to do is try & take each day as it comes. I will weigh in & see what damage I've done & you are right Sara I don't want to put it all back on so if I can limit it all the better as you said Sidd it's a vicious circle.

Well today I've not eaten anything, I've woken up with raging toothache think I have an abcess !!!! What else can life throw at me !! On a postive note it's only 8 weeks to my birthday !!!

Went to see Skyfall last night, has anyone else been to see it ? If so what did you think ?

Once again thank you all, I don't know what I'd do without you lot xxxxxx

Haven't seen skyfall :) love the Adele theme though :)

My birthday in 2 weeks :eek:....so are you New Years Baby? :)

Know exactly where you're coming from regards keeping the mortgage etc :) "All the women who independent throw yours hands up at me...";) Dukan's Angels Original Soundtrack :D x

Can't wait to see the New James bond film. Love the Daniel Craig films but hubby still has the older films as the best.

Hate James Bond!!!! Will watch it at Christmas about 10 yrs from now!!! Hope you are feeling a bit better Jo - I would weigh in and get it out of the way - flippin heck it can't be as bad as mine after my USA trips!!!! LOL! Be kind to yourself and maybe try to do conso whilst you are struggling to try and maintain your weight...... It will help you to feel more in control! Just a thought hun! xxxx

I know this probably sounds daft because it's the bloody job that's making me feel like I do but I am protected where I am. What I mean by that is I had an accident at work which excelerated my back condition by about 10 years (so they say) so if I have any time off with my back it can't go against me whereas every other illness etc.... can. The other good thing is as well is because I am being made a redeployee (hopefully they will let me go) I wont be forced into a role like some of my collegues. So even though the job is pants I have security & as I still have my mortage which I am still keeping when I eventually move back in with TDM I still have some independance....does that make sense ?

Hi hun, this is going to get complicated so am hoping I do it justice......under the equalities act of 2010 your company should have a disability policy in place with a sickness absence clause that basically says that no sickness absence that is due to a disability (and a long term back problem will apply) can be counted in amongst normal sickness. This is pretty much what you said, but....if you were to get a new job and once you start you make them aware you have a problem, they can't plead ignorance and should have the policy in place.

This is part of the problems my hubbyhad at his last job as his knee and lung problems come under the DDA/equalities listings. But it took nearly a year for his company to accept he was disabled, they repeatedly ignored the occ health recommendations for adjustments and this is one of the reasons we think they actually made him redundant.....so they don't have to acknowledge it. They had no equalities/disability policy in place at all, and even said their legal departement said they didn't need the clause. False...but try telling them that.

Look up Disability Discrimination Act 1984 or Equalities Act 2010 for sickness details. All companies are supposed to comply.

Hope that might give you some help and scope for the future.

Can you believe after all the stress I've been through that it takes an abscess to make me go off sick ! I managed to get an emergency appointment at the dentist & I've got an abscess which has spread :( it's strange how I only started getting pain yesterday ??

Anyway I've had no sleep, I'm sure I've taken too many painkillers which have done bugger all & I'm on 2 types of antibiotics. My face has swollen up & I can eat ! Great just what I don't need !

That should say can't eat :)

sounds nasty :(

Jo.....massive hugsxxx look on the bright side...your not at work yeah, and if you can't eat...yeah.

Back