ok need advice on date and wine

natalieann

Silver Member
right guys i may have a first date on tuesday with a very good looking man, a man who prob woudnt have even looked at me 8 weeks ago lol, or i would not have had the confidence to meet,

anyway this isnt a definate but we are thinking of meeting at mine tuesday with dvd and bottle of wine etc......now this may seem silly but im very shy, more so coz he soooooo cute llol:crazy:

now when meeting someone new i always need at least a glass or two of wine to get me out the the terrified stage and into the ok i can do this stage.....i know if i dont then ill be shy and quiet all night and not the person hes been talking to lately:p it will be a disaster

i have told him about the diet and he understand but also tells me im gorgeous and he doesnt like skinny girls and likes the curvy figure.......:rolleyes:

so tuesday is my wiegh day i thought id would be no harm to have some as a treat on this day just this once, but what do you all suggest, eating a meal before to take me out of ketosis?

i know i can be bad to drink while in ketosis but i really cant do this without a small drinky and i realy like him, grrrrrr help and any advice will be welcomed please

dont worry guys im not stopping , im going all the way but i really want tuesday to go well and me be able to at least have a laugh and be the cheeky me hes spoken to lol

any advice lol instead of just reading this and not commenting haha, please i need advice

Aw hun, lol bless you. Good luck on your date.

I know a few people who have come off the diet for a couple of days and gone back on it.

It's really bad for you to drink whilst in Ketosis so I would reccommend that you do eat something first. I don't know much about but I can't really see one day doing that much harm, yes it will take you out of ketosis but so long as you stick to it 100% the day after you should be ok.

What I personally would be worried about is if I came off the diet for one day, if I would be able to get straight back on it and stick to it.

Good luck!! But if you do have your wine, make sure you eat before hand, you don't want to make yourself very sick.

Aw hun, lol bless you. Good luck on your date.

I know a few people who have come off the diet for a couple of days and gone back on it.

It's really bad for you to drink whilst in Ketosis so I would reccommend that you do eat something first. I don't know much about but I can't really see one day doing that much harm, yes it will take you out of ketosis but so long as you stick to it 100% the day after you should be ok.

What I personally would be worried about is if I came off the diet for one day, if I would be able to get straight back on it and stick to it.

Good luck!! But if you do have your wine, make sure you eat before hand, you don't want to make yourself very sick.
hey thanks for replying hun, im unsure how much i should eat also, and yeah i doenst worry me about coming out of ketosis as i picked a took myself out of it once before and was right back into it then next day, so doesnt take the 4 days like in the beginning but ive never eaten for a day lol so dunno how ling it would take and how much damage.....

and yes that is my worry, not being able to be back to it the the next day, im sure i can but i know it will be hard, this is why i need advice lol, this site aways seems to help make my mind up:D

Nat what will you do next week when he wants to come back!? And he will - your new photo is absolutely gorgeous! Rather than stopping and starting and taking 3-4 days to get back into ketosis each time, would it be better to refeed and do maintenance instead? You can still lose weight that way?

Just a thought. Love the wobbly feeling of a first date (or did when I was doing them, don't miss it at all now I'm an old married woman, I hope you two really hit it off. :0)

Nat what will you do next week when he wants to come back!? And he will - your new photo is absolutely gorgeous! Rather than stopping and starting and taking 3-4 days to get back into ketosis each time, would it be better to refeed and do maintenance instead? You can still lose weight that way?

Just a thought. Love the wobbly feeling of a first date (or did when I was doing them, don't miss it at all now I'm an old married woman, I hope you two really hit it off. :0)

lol if he wants to come back which i hope he does then i will be out of that shy stage, it only takes me meeting once to feel confortable, its just the first time if you get me lol:D

and i dont want to come off TFR hun and do refeed until i get the the end, i estimate ive only 5 weeks left so i dont want to go over that, i dont want to stop, i just want this one night i can have a drink

also i dont think it would take 3-4 days to get back into, as its only a small meal ill be having, and i should be back into the next evening i recon, i used ketostix and when i picked and came out a bit back i was bak into it then next day

lol yeah and i agree about that wobbly feeling its abit scary lol:rolleyes: but nice too if it goes well, im always fine after first time, no need for a drink then lol

and thanks i like my pic too, took it lastnight........hope he thinks the same lol

Aww lols it's really cute though!!

In the long run I guess it's upto you what you do. I do know what you mean though. When I first met my partner I had a couple of vodkas before hand lol! Get the inital "OMG" feeling out of the way.

If you are adament that you can come back off it for the night and go back on I don't see why not tbh. I mean it is only for one night, and it's the night of your weigh in. You still have 6 days of 100% before your next. Utimatley the decision is upto you.

Also... Was just curious is this a guy you've met online? I got the idea it was lol but I'm super nosey and thought I'd ask lol

Aww lols it's really cute though!!

In the long run I guess it's upto you what you do. I do know what you mean though. When I first met my partner I had a couple of vodkas before hand lol! Get the inital "OMG" feeling out of the way.

If you are adament that you can come back off it for the night and go back on I don't see why not tbh. I mean it is only for one night, and it's the night of your weigh in. You still have 6 days of 100% before your next. Utimatley the decision is upto you.

yeah thanks hun, i do need a drink for sure, it does help doesnt it haha, its not even definate yet but we talking about it, if he does come over i think ill deffo eat a meal so i can have a glass, as you say ive 6 full days after to lose my lbs anyway, knowing me ill lose more that week then i have been.......hopefully it will be good this tuesday then i wont feel so bad lol

any ideas of a small meal i could eat that would take me out of it, i dont wanna pig out

Nat be careful hun you need to make sure you are 100% out of ketosis before having a drink. I believe it can be very dangerous.

Other than words of caution I hope you have a fabulous date - good luck with it :) xx

Sounds lovely.

No idea on the meal front tbh. I know what I mostly want to have is a salad with a baked potatoe lol sounds silly, but I want it. Nom.

I guess it would be something that provides you with enough in your stomach to soak up the alcohol that you're going to consume. To me two glasses of wine doesn't seem that much, so in realtion to the meal you should eat?

Have you asked your pharmasist? they may be able to suggest something in realtion to the portion for the alcohol consumstion.

Also... Was just curious is this a guy you've met online? I got the idea it was lol but I'm super nosey and thought I'd ask lol

lol yeah it is but we been chatting on webcam so i know its him and not some hairy old fart haha, plus he only live 10 mins away in the car, we met on our local forum bit like this one, not dating site lol

Hope your date goes well Natalieann!

I think the refeed sheet says no alcohol until 3-4 days into it. I don't think 1 meal will be enough to allow alcohol into your system. It can be so dangerous please read up on it or ring LT for their advice, I'd hate to see you do any damage to yourself!

Nat be careful hun you need to make sure you are 100% out of ketosis before having a drink. I believe it can be very dangerous.

Other than words of caution I hope you have a fabulous date - good luck with it :) xx

heyhuni thanks, i will be carful love, ill use my ketotix to make sure, just hope i dont have to eat loads:break_diet:

Sounds lovely.

No idea on the meal front tbh. I know what I mostly want to have is a salad with a baked potatoe lol sounds silly, but I want it. Nom.

I guess it would be something that provides you with enough in your stomach to soak up the alcohol that you're going to consume. To me two glasses of wine doesn't seem that much, so in realtion to the meal you should eat?

Have you asked your pharmasist? they may be able to suggest something in realtion to the portion for the alcohol consumstion.
all i want is toast with butter or a chicken salad on breadcake nom nom lol

yeah and ill be asking my pharmacy on tuesday morning see what she says and can advice. im sure shel know:D

in a way i dotn want to eat and would rather just have the wine but im worried about it so must eat one meal at least, and i know ill be back at TFR the next day to make up for those 6 days

lols! that's kool. I met my partner online too!. It's very scary and daunting when you first meet them. I was absolutley terrorfied lol. But everything worked out really well. We live together now, and he is a great support for me on this diet and exersize.
I would adivse letting someone close know he is coming, a neighbour or something maybe they could randomly pop around and make sure everything is ok. lol

Good Luck on your date hun!!.

Hope your date goes well Natalieann!

I think the refeed sheet says no alcohol until 3-4 days into it. I don't think 1 meal will be enough to allow alcohol into your system. It can be so dangerous please read up on it or ring LT for their advice, I'd hate to see you do any damage to yourself!

hey hun thanks, ill deffo do some research first im not going into it lightly, but i thought as long as not in ketosis its ok? are you still in ketosis on the first few days of reffeed as it mostly chicken and fish

i realy this date happens now lol or im gona look daft haha

lols! that's kool. I met my partner online too!. It's very scary and daunting when you first meet them. I was absolutley terrorfied lol. But everything worked out really well. We live together now, and he is a great support for me on this diet and exersize.
I would adivse letting someone close know he is coming, a neighbour or something maybe they could randomly pop around and make sure everything is ok. lol

Good Luck on your date hun!!.

aww thats sweet, bless ya, i dont know if this is the man ill end up with, dunno what im looking for right now to be honest but i like him, he makes me laugh and feel good so we shall just see, maybe wel end up friends who knows hey:D

and its evenr more scary then meeting someone normally lol
and someone will know lol, as ill be also asking that person ro have the kids haha namely my mother :eek:

LOL! How lovely, my ex had my son when my partner came around for the first time, lol I let my neighbour know, my mother would have died if I told her I was letting some guy I'd never met in my house.

When I finally told her about him, months after I'd met him she was her typical self "Omg what if he is a psycho serial killer" lols. made me laugh. She does also worry about webcam chat, she seems to be under the impression that people go around kidnapping others to make them sit infront of the webcam and chat to you on voice in a way to lead you into a false sense of security. lol bless her.

LOL! How lovely, my ex had my son when my partner came around for the first time, lol I let my neighbour know, my mother would have died if I told her I was letting some guy I'd never met in my house.

When I finally told her about him, months after I'd met him she was her typical self "Omg what if he is a psycho serial killer" lols. made me laugh. She does also worry about webcam chat, she seems to be under the impression that people go around kidnapping others to make them sit infront of the webcam and chat to you on voice in a way to lead you into a false sense of security. lol bless her.

haha bles your mum, my mums does it herself, online dating shes cool with it............and my ex, hahha hes a moron to be honest, if i asked him like hell he would, he won do anything for me, moreso if he know i was meeting someone god i hate him grrrrrrr, not even getting into it :eek:

haha and yeah ive heard the same off my nan before, thing is ive spoken to my cousin and her mate know him and says hes a lovely guy, we are all on the same forum your see so all get to know each other like in here if you get me llol

anyway hes got good reviews haha

and laughing so much about the webcam thing haha bless our nans and mams hey

lols! well that's good.

Yeah my ex wouldn't have looked after our son if he knew I was going to be seeing someone. Apparently I should be at home raising our child without a BF or any form of social life, yet he is married? I see how that works.

And that's good. I wish you all the best on your date :D. Sounds like fun, I'm thinking about smacking Lee in a minute and telling him to take me out. lol

Back