ok seem to be eating quite a lot? wha do you think please?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by assj, 26 March 2009 Social URL.

1. assj

assj Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.7lb(11.5%)
    Diet:
    Healthy lifestyle
    yesterday i had 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, a chicken sandwich for lunch followed by a handfull of grapes, then for dinner i had a pork loin steak small with fat taken off, 2 potatoes, a bit of home made yorkshire pudding (using spray oil to grease tin) and about half a plate full of vegetable ie. cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, then gravy (bisto granules with water) and mint sauce (have to have it with everything lol)

i then went to bed at 7pm to stop me munching on anything that was in sight lol tonight i will be distracting myself with the running machine.

does this sound too much?
    :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    which diet are you on hun?

4. lemony

lemony Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.41%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    If you're on a general healthy eating diet, then it depends on the details. White, brown or wholegrain bread for toast and sandwich? Butter or low fat spread? Are your vegetables covered in butter or not? These little things add up to quite a lot unless the healthy options are made, but if you chose the healthy options then i'd say your eating for that day was ok!

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    What did you have on your toast? What sort of bread?

Sounds fine to me, but no good if you are hungry. Is it real hunger or just that you had the munchies?

I usually find that I need some extra protein if I get hungry. A hard boiled egg, or almonds :D Almonds rock :D :D

What about fruit? It can make some people more hungry, but help others.

It's certainly not too much, and depending on portion sizes, what you had on your bread etc, I would think you could afford some more fruit, yoghurt etc

6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    It really depends on what diet you are doing. If you are calorie counting then you would have to tot it all up but for plans like SW that would definately not be too much. And as others have said it depends on what bread you have too

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    I'm assuming assj is doing healthy eating/smaller portions. Looked at the sidebar...though it could have changed I suppose.

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Ah I see. Then I don't really know, I can't do it myself which is why I joined a club!

9. assj

assj Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.7lb(11.5%)
    Diet:
    Healthy lifestyle
    hi there,yes i am just doing healthy eating as if i am calorie counting etc i tend to think about it all too much and then fall off the wagon.
    the bread i had for both toast and sandwich was wholegrain/meal bread with low fat spread.
    for my dinner though my plate was quite full but the majority of it was vegetables, i dont put anything on my vegetables just have them plain.

10. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    This is really common as people go for the all or nothing approach.

If you are doing the healthy eating thing, rather than a plan, you do need to be in the mindset of 'new lifestyle'. That means forever. Focus on the food, not the weight. Remember that the weight is only a reflection of our eating habits.

So, if you are thinking for life, then you need to be flexible. Even 'healthy' eaters eat rubbish at times...but it's everything in moderation.

You may not want to calorie count, but it's quite a good idea even if it's just for a couple of days so you can see portion sizes etc. Get a grasp on how much you need....then relax.

I really think when we have a fair amount to lose, you don't have to think so much. It's when you get closer to goal or find your weight stalling that you need to review what you are doing.

So my advice is to chill. Enjoy your healthy food, but don't let yourself get hungry and if you want to eat....eat...just put a pause between the want and the eat to make sure it's really what you want and why you are wanting it.

Very best of luck and be kind to yourself ;)

11. Konvictz

Konvictz Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    No diet just running and weight training.
    wow i have been doing the same recently.

since i injured myself again, i couldnt do exercise...so i felt like i wasnt making any progress at all so i just ate a little bit more. but im starting exercise again tonight and im going back to my diet (which consitst of brekfast, decent lunch, and fruit for dinner).

it always the girl friends that comment on the weight, if it wasnt for them then i wouldnt have to do all this work.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.