Attack Ok, so where am I going wrong?

squindles

I will conquer!!!
Monday: coffee with skimmed milk, ham, 5 slices 0.5g fat no carbs 1 boiled egg. 4 small chicken breasts cut into strips, spices added (no hidden sugars/fat) baked in foil in oven. Minced beef, 12% fat, drained excess fat off through seive, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 garlic clove & spices (yummy!!). Snacks crab sticks 1 pack :eek: oops (was it them?) mullar vanilla yog (1), more ham, 2 coffee with skimmed milk, 2 1/2 lits water (tap)
Weighed Tuesday morning....stayed the same :( Food yesterday (Tuesday) the same except crab stick just 8! 20 min walk both days. Got weighed this morning......1lb GAIN!!!! :eek: What's going on? Never ever when I've started to cut back have I ever gained :confused: :confused::confused: Your imput needed please, thanks!! :)
Jackie xx

What stage of your monthly cycle are you on? That can sometimes trigger water retention which would balance out any loses on the diet.

If water retention is the issue, then cutting out the ham and crab sticks my help.

Otherwise - patience!

make sure your scales are accurate (are they mechanical or electronic) , that you always weigh at exactly the same time each day, and that the scales are on a flat hard surface.

drop the ham and crabstix and replace with lean meat - both notorious for stalling/gaining...

Monday: coffee with skimmed milk, ham, 5 slices 0.5g fat no carbs 1 boiled egg. 4 small chicken breasts cut into strips, spices added (no hidden sugars/fat) baked in foil in oven. Minced beef, 12% fat, drained excess fat off through seive, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 garlic clove & spices (yummy!!). Snacks crab sticks 1 pack :eek: oops (was it them?) mullar vanilla yog (1), more ham, 2 coffee with skimmed milk, 2 1/2 lits water (tap)
Weighed Tuesday morning....stayed the same :( Food yesterday (Tuesday) the same except crab stick just 8! 20 min walk both days. Got weighed this morning......1lb GAIN!!!! :eek: What's going on? Never ever when I've started to cut back have I ever gained :confused: :confused::confused: Your imput needed please, thanks!! :)
Jackie xx

Hi why not aim for the Tesco 5% extra lean mince (every little helps ;)) Also The Dukan site doesn't allow/recommend Muiller Yogurts (any vanilla/flavoured yogurts) at this point try Onken Fat Free with some sweetner and vanilla flavouring - this is actually nicer than ready flavoured vanilla yogurts i find. Hope you see great big whopping loss 2moz! x

Also they say aim for 1.5 - 2 litres of water/fluids per day but if in retention stick to the 1.5L think extra is only advised if doing very strenuous / sweaty exercise!

Ham, crabsticks and Muller Light, all are notorious for making people stall as we've all seen on this forum! Replace them and see how you do x

Are you a fish fan?, if so try replacing your cooked meats and crab sticks with fish, even tins of tuna or fish, as long as it is not in oil or sauce.

Sometimes on this diet (as on any) its easy to eat smaller amounts of food.

Pack as many protiens in each day, and try not to worry about portion size.

As for mince i always pat mine down with Kitchen roll to remove any excess fat...... Juan Sheet does plenty.

You might want to look at the sodium content of these foods. Sometimes it's easy to inadvertently get too much salt which results in water retention and gain.

I'd also check the crabsticks, ham and yogurt. I understand there are some commercial versions of these which are supposed to be okay on Dukan, but I have not found them. Whenever I eat these foods, I stall, no matter what the label says.

Whoa, just read Curvy's post and read mine, almost exactly the same, sorry Curvy! x

Good to see everyone's advice going in the same direction!

Get cooking!

@wkdstepmum: Great minds.... x

How much skimmed milk are you adding to your cups of coffee? It is limited.
Mullet lights are a tolerated item, so
I would say drop those.
12% fat mince is too high in my opinion, even when fat is taken out.
Could you up your excerise?
X

What stage of your monthly cycle are you on? That can sometimes trigger water retention which would balance out any loses on the diet.

If water retention is the issue, then cutting out the ham and crab sticks my help.

Otherwise - patience!

make sure your scales are accurate (are they mechanical or electronic) , that you always weigh at exactly the same time each day, and that the scales are on a flat hard surface.
Light going on in head moment :d'oh:......I'm due my period Saturday!!! Ta hun :D
:thankyou: thanks everyone else for your contributions and help, you're a great bunch :D :grouphugg:
Jackie xx

Last edited:
Think of onion as a herb, not a veg - so just a level teaspoonful at most

Back