old clothes

broxi

ButtErFly
What is everyone doing with their clothes when they get too big? I usually hang on to mine but somebody was telling me that successful slimmers NEVER let themselves go up a size - whenever their clothes start to get tight it's back to the diet for them. What do you people think?

I kept some maternity wear things and I was only planning on keeping my biggest jeans to do one of those before&after pics of thin me in big jeans! but I think I'll put the rest to charity.

Where outside Glasgow are you? I studied down at Strathclyde Uni, Jordanhill campus.Loved Glasgow.

Good for you. I'm not brave enough to get rid of mine but I know that's the wrong attitude.

I went to Jordanhill too for my teacher training? What did you study? I live in Motherwell, 12 miles south. I also love Aberdeen. Where are you up there?

Good for you. I'm not brave enough to get rid of mine but I know that's the wrong attitude.
I felt like that, but believe you me, you will get rid of them! I started a pile of 'things I'm going to alter' but as your weight loss progresses, the clothes will get to be so enormous that you'll have no compunction about chucking out the lot. I never intend to go back to being a size 18/20 again, so I will nip back to CD every time I think I'm gaining - it will be a way of life from the day I finish the diet. :eek:

I gave most of my clothes to a size 18 friend who's just lost her job, and the rest to charity shops and a women's refuge.

I'll wait and see!

Thanks Angela, I replied xxx

I felt like that, but believe you me, you will get rid of them! I started a pile of 'things I'm going to alter' but as your weight loss progresses, the clothes will get to be so enormous that you'll have no compunction about chucking out the lot. I never intend to go back to being a size 18/20 again, so I will nip back to CD every time I think I'm gaining - it will be a way of life from the day I finish the diet. :eek:

I gave most of my clothes to a size 18 friend who's just lost her job, and the rest to charity shops and a women's refuge.

Jaycey, you have done well on your loss and like that idea of using CD for life, even in maintainence.. Good idea.

Broxi.. I think I'll either give mine to my mate who is also dieting and is bigger then me or Ebay them, get some pennies back to buy some new SLIM ones, lol.

Where outside Glasgow are you? I studied down at Strathclyde Uni, Jordanhill campus.Loved Glasgow.

Angela I went to Strathclyde too - Tourism and Marketing Degree, graduated 1997 :) Loved living in Glasgow. Had to come home as I had no money at the end of 4 years at uni.

Broxi I'm going to give my clothes to my mum as she is a size 18 and always admires my clothes.

Won't be buying to many or spending much in the smaller sizes until I get to goal. Probably give those to charity.

Angela I went to Strathclyde too - Tourism and Marketing Degree, graduated 1997 :) Loved living in Glasgow. Had to come home as I had no money at the end of 4 years at uni.

Small world! Living out in Jordanhill was a bit quieter but still great and loved going into the centre for the student nightlife!

Ive bagged the first size up now for some charity that gives you a bag and collects the next week, I dont intend to go back to how I look EVER and if I feel im putting on then CD will be my life I think.

That's just reminded me that I promised a friend on here that I'd go through my old clothes and send them to her.

Life always gets in the way of doing things!!

I am not keeping mine - I think it gives your mind the wrong message..(I can still get into these pants so my weight gain is fine..).
Question though - how do you offer your too big clothes to a friend without offending them? x

Well the friend in question was on here so not a problem. Think on here it's different.

If not on here and I thought someone would benefit from my clothes I'd just imply I wasn't sure what to do with my old stuff and hope they volunteer that they'd take them off my hands!

Well the friend in question was on here so not a problem. Think on here it's different.

If not on here and I thought someone would benefit from my clothes I'd just imply I wasn't sure what to do with my old stuff and hope they volunteer that they'd take them off my hands!

I'll try that tactic then and see if it works! x

I had loads of size 18's. I had a pair of skinny jeans that really suited me (size 14) got a friend to use them as a pattern and she took in half a dozen trousers for me. Am wearing one of those pairs right now....when I get bigger round the girth during this pregnancy I will see if she can put some material back in at the top, or let out the seams she took in

I donated about 3 sacks full and am selling the rest on eBay! Scary looking at empty cupboards and drawers but am starting to build up a nice wardrobe with 14's now!

Eyesontheprize, that's amazing. What a weight loss! How do you feel?

Back