old slimming world plan

I used to love going into Asda and stocking up on their currys from the curry counter, most were free back then.

ruby

I used to love going into Asda and stocking up on their currys from the curry counter, most were free back then.

Ooh that's interesting, because eating out at an Indian restaurant used to be a nightmare. Dishes that are around 8 syns now used to be 30+ - hideous!!

I did slimmingworld like 5 years ago and losses were really good this time a lot lot slower I wonder if it's the new plan or my age!! Ha probably my age as we do still loose weight!!

Oddly enough I used to lose weight really easily on SW years ago. More recently though, I seem to manage the odd small loss here and there but can maintain perfectly well on it.
I have put it down to getting older and the weight being harder to shift but maybe the old plan was better?
Hmmmmm food for thought.
So agree with this statement. I only said to hubby today, the last time I did S W I sailed along with my weight loss, and obviously it was with the red and green plan. I too remember macaroni cheese etc being free, used to eat loads of that, but now my losses are far smaller. And also I am a lot older too. Interesting isnt it? Mmm I wonder:confused:

Mind I have been doing mainly red up to this week, my c changed me over to ee, not finding it easy as veg are my prob, but love fruit so filling up before my meals on that, that is what she told me to do. The scales will tell me tomorrow if I am back on course for good losses. Watch this space!

Holly nan; go easy on the fruit try a few veggies thrown in luke carrot sticks and syn free hummous I was snacking all the time on fruit and maintained for 4 weeks!! Although there free and ss etc they have lots of sugars!! Well that's what my c told me and it worked I swapped to snacks of boiled eggs and veggie sticks still have fruit but not like I was before (used to get through 1/2 melon 1/2 pineapple punnet of strawbs/rasps & blue berries aday and often a few kiwis as well!)
It does seem more dificult these days! :-(

Ah well thereby hangs a tale. I dont like veg so couldnt eat carrot sticks or hummous, in fact the look of that makes me gag! But I think yr right, she did tell me not to snack in between my ee meals as I was constantly snacking on fruit. I have still eaten a lot of fruit, but only before my meals and tbh I am pretty certain I have lost this week as I do feel slimmer. I think you can tell in yourself before w i although I was very surprised last week as I also felt slimmer, but the scales said a STS!!! Will let you know anyway, thanks for interesting post!

Hi,

I only have the old plan. That's the one with the red and green plans in one book so corned beef is still free for me:D I guess i'm lucky and I love corned beef hash yum.

Hi,

I only have the old plan. That's the one with the red and green plans in one book so corned beef is still free for me:D I guess i'm lucky and I love corned beef hash yum.
Wonder how much you will lose as its your weigh in day today isnt it? :D

Ah well thereby hangs a tale. I dont like veg so couldnt eat carrot sticks or hummous, in fact the look of that makes me gag! But I think yr right, she did tell me not to snack in between my ee meals as I was constantly snacking on fruit. I have still eaten a lot of fruit, but only before my meals and tbh I am pretty certain I have lost this week as I do feel slimmer. I think you can tell in yourself before w i although I was very surprised last week as I also felt slimmer, but the scales said a STS!!! Will let you know anyway, thanks for interesting post!
Well I have done it!!! Got my l.5stone shiny today, lost 2.5 lbs and SOTW!!!!! Beyond happy, well done to everyone who has lost:D:D:D

Hi,

Do you have to syn your fruit though? I'm not sure I could go back to synned fruit and fruit yogurts!

Just spotted your location - what a fabulous looking place to live. I've been facinated with the area ever since I read the Shipping News! Plus, I'd really really like a Newfoundland dog, big gorgeous furry giants!!!

its seem to me that they changed the plan when they brought in the second A choice I am going back to this on days when busy.

maz

This thread will only confuse new starters lol!!!!

I'm not a new starter and after reading this I'm very confused!!! Wonder if there is any way the mods could maybe delete this thread? The last thing we want is lots of new members eating things that are no longer free and wondering why they don't end up losing!

Pete’s Corned Beef & Mash Pie

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 200g Princes Low Fat Corned Beef (4.5syns per tin in total, 2.25syn per person)
1 Large Potato (ff)
1tsp mustard powder
80g Low fat Cheddar (1Hea per person)
* option (1tbsp brown sauce, 1 syn)

Method

Open the tin of Corned Beef and tip into a mixing bowl, break into small pieces.
In the meantime boil the potato, then mash and mix with the corned beef, add the mustard and fill an oven-proof dish, grate 80g of low fat cheddar cheese and cook at 180c until the cheese melts, served with an egg and baked beans. Served with *option, brown sauce.
Corned Beef & Mash Pie (Small).JPGCorned Beef & Mash Pie-2 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Back