Old timer gagging to start again after had my baby!!! Advice please

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hi guys.

Some of you may remember me.
I am due for my first baby in december i am 21 weeks at the moment and have only put on 7lbs so far so quite pleased with that!

But I am gagging to get back on the SW road but wondered if you can still breastfeed whilst on it?

xxxx

yes you can hun. Your consultant can give you a leaflet about it, you have tons of A choices but apart from that the plan is pretty much the same ( I think!)
Well done on only 7lbs so far! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. xx

thank you!
I just dont understand why i cant follow it whilst being pregnant as I think you probably eat healthier whilst on it??

xx

why cant you follow it while pregnant?? i did.. they give you a different sheet about it.. its reccomended by the midwife society.. whereas WW isnt
x xx

see when i enquired they said i couldnt!
This will annoy me if i go again and get told i can follow it as Its my wedding next week and i would have loved to have lost weight!!!

Yep, I agree with the others, you can follow SW when pregnant.

Hope your wedding goes well next week hun. xx

Yeah you can do sw whilst pregnant, you have more healthy extras though, especially the a choices. The way i see it is you would prob be eating healthier for you and your baby if you were following sw, as you would be eating pleanty fresh fruit and veg etc.

Anyway good to see you back, i wondered where you got to.

lol
I spose i couldnt have followed it 100% as i have been in hospital 5 times. Had sickness up to 16 weeks and also pre eclampsia and now on daily blood thinner injections so not really been able to follow!

I think once i get back from my honeymoon i will be back on it then! How annoying!
But as you guys said i couldnt have lost weight anyway! I just dont want to be even BIGGER than i was when i started!
xx

Oh hun you have such exciting times ahead of you what with your wedding and then the baby, if i were you i would just enjoy being pregnant and worry about losing weight when the baby is born. x

this was the reply i got when i emailed....

Hi there can i join whilst pregnant? I am overweight and want to minimize damage?

Thank you for your enquiry.
Because weight loss during pregnancy needs such careful monitoring by your midwife or GP, we are unable to offer membership to expectant mums.

If you would like to join bodyOptimise after the birth of your baby and following your six week post-natal check up, we would be delighted to welcome you as a member then. You can make a date to join bodyOptimise by filling in your details here and we'll send you a special invitation.

Until that time, many congratulations from everyone at bodyOptimise. We hope you enjoy a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

Important note: If you are considering losing weight during your pregnancy, it is vital that you discuss your plans with your GP.

I went back to slimming world after my third child two years ago. She was breastfed. All you do is have HE coming out of your ears lol. You have the 2 normal HEXA and 2 normal HEXB then depending on babies age have extra HEX's upto 6 months.

Upto 2 months 3 HEX
2 to 3 months 4 HEX
4 to 6 months if starting to wean 3 HEX
4 to 6 months if breast milk is the only source of nutrient for your baby 4 HEX
over 6 months when weaning 1 HEX

They recommend that one or two of these additional HEX are made from the HEXA section.

I did go for a while whilst pregnant but stopped as didnt like to see the scales going up lol. I had my midwives consent to go and I think she signed a form to say it was ok and put what the expected weight gain would be.

ah ok. thats good.
I may look to join after the honeymoon then whilst i am pregnant maybe things have changed!
But i must admit it will be annoying to see the scales going up.

Do they let you take the baby if you cant get a sitter whilst you weigh in?
x

Wow Hun!!!!

To only gain 7lbs in a pregnancy so far is fantastic!!! I gained 5 stone! Lol
I tried to do SW whilst pregnant, but actually couldnt face salad or fruit or anything remotely healthy, hence the massive weight gain!
I would just stick to what you are doing now (its obviously working for you) and believe me when I say that as soon as little one is born you loose most of it anyway...I did.
You have some really exciting times ahead what with the wedding and the baby, dont let this little thing tar it all. Enjoy this time while you can.

xxxxx

thanks hun.
I havent done anything special lol.
I weighed loads in the first place but for the first 16 weeks i was constantly sick with hyperemesis and lost a stone! so i prob could have put on 2 by now!
i actually like healthy foods so its not all bad.
x

I'm wondering if it's because you wanted to join online? I know we have had pregnant members at our class.
Just eat well, look after yourself hun and join once you've had the baby unless you can get to a class. xx

FNM

Just had a text back - my leader says that yes you can join a class, it's just healthy eating, and there are some forms for you to give to your midwife...

Plus - I gave her a right shock - she thought I was talking about myself !!!!:eek:

Hope that this helps clear up the situation for you...

Tracy

Thanks for this!
Thats funny haha I will try and get a local consultant then and see what they have to say.

Also any idea if you can bring baby to class?
x

Back