Old timer returning for one last stab!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember me from a couple of years ago plus - I haven't done CD for ages and have spent the last year of my dieting life pretty much maintaining my weight - but not at a good weight! I have tried a couple of times (unsuccessfully) to find a way not just to maintain but to LOSE, but haven't found anything that works - no matter how hard I try I only lose a lb here or there and gain it back!

So, I am here at the end of day 1 of doing Cambridge having decided last night to give it another go - no last supper, just started! I have a bottle of wine half-drunk in the fridge and a box of chocs half-eaten, but hubby will have to demolish those! :(

Still am happy to be doing something about my weight, am not happy at the moment and would like to lose 3 stone ideally, although 2 would be fine!

Wish me luck, it's good to be back in a weird way :)

xxx

i remember u sweet, u did it once u can do it again good luck, im back for my last battle , ive had enough off dietin and need to do this for good, xxx

i'm sure i remember you. :) it's a right old battle this weight loss and STS lark. hope you have a great 2nd day.

i remember you, but not from cd.... i am an xenical girl..
welcome back anyway, and good luck!!!!!!

Welcome back hope it works for you xx

Hi hun,

I'm back today as well, can't seem to find my lightbulb moment so just going to push through it and hope for the best.

xxxxx

Here we are again .... I'm starting on Thursday so will be right there with you, you can give me a kick up the ass once you're in ketosis!! First 10 days are the worse, after that there's no stopping you!

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome :) great to see so many familiar faces around too! I remember a fair number of you too, thanks for popping by to say hi! Juju, good luck with the restart, we can do it! I may not be around every night but will try and pop along regularly to say hi - life is pretty hectic at the moment and I don't want to let people down by not being around very much so I'm saying this now!

So, update time...

Went to see my new CDC today, have told her to be really strict with me and kick me up the bum if I start getting down or talking about leaving the plan early. I WILL get to goal and stay there this time!

Sad thing is I weighed in at 13.11 :eek: shocker! Thought I was around 13.7 or a bit less, oops! It's a good job I'm on day 2 as I've probs lost a couple lbs already and I would possibly have cried if she'd said I was in the 14s. Too close though, not good.

But that's the old me, now I'm going to get slimmer and be positive about it! Will be weighing in next Tuesday, hoping for 7lbs -anything more would be a bonus. I'm doing SS+ with the little meal and milk :)

Have set some goals:

Holiday *12th March*: goal of losing 1st and get into 12's (weight 12.11
End of March: Get to the 11's end of the 12's!
Easter (April 23rd): Get to the 10's end of the 11's
Mid-may: Final Goal: 11st

I am going to say RIGHT NOW that if I don't hit those goals, it's ok, but the main thing is to get to my main goal by the end of May and working my way up the plans by then. I am then happy to be on CD maintenance for a couple of months if needs be to stabilise, planning to be off CD by July for the summer :)

Here goes fat! Watch me disappear hehe! Will get all my stats/ticker etc. up to date and update after weekly WI's. Am not going to weigh in between :D

Speak to you all very soon xxx

hiya wannab, im here too! i spent last year pregnant and piling on the lbs so am back with loads to lose... i remember you from 'our' many restarts both here and over on atkins. lets make this our last time yeah!
see you around xxx

Yeah deffo hun! I luckily don't have tooo much to lose to get to goal (under 3 stone which I feel ok about) so am hoping to stick to the plan and get there quickly, my focus is more on the maintenance aspect really, the loss phase is just the beginning!

Day 3 today and am doing fine. When I'm at work I don't even remember I'm on CD until I get up to go to the loo for the millionth time, at which point I think to myself "blimey, I haven't thought about food all day!". Am enjoying the fact that I am already starting to feel less bloated. Not enjoying how tired I feel - have come straight home and got into bed both last night and tonight, hoping for some euphoria soon!!

xx

Hello lovely to meet you I hear u about the snakes and ladders type of weight!!! Well I am saying it tooooo enough is enough we will do this I have left 2 stone 4 to lose give or take few lbs lol but I did have nearly 4stone I am on day 23 of SS and will keep popping in to see how ya getting on by the way I did Cambridge about 5 yrs ago
Love Sharon xxxx

Hi Sharon, lovely to meet you too, and thanks for your post! You are doing so well, if I could have similar losses to yours I would be SO chuffed!

Had a sneaky look on Wii fit today - it says I am down to 13st 6lbs which is 6lbs less than I last went on there (although that was a couple of weeks ago and they may have shown even higher had a weighed Sunday night before I started!). Not sure how my Wii fit compares to CDC scales, will make a point of checking on Tuesday - I said I wouldn't weigh in between CDC weigh ins but I think I may have to for the motivation when I need it!

Am really hopeful that by my next WI on Tues I could be down at 13st, or very close, possibly just into 12s (although not really expecting this as it would mean my week 1 loss beating my previous record of 11lbs). I was so gutted when CDC said I was 13.11 when I thought I'd be about 13.7 that it would be really fantastic if I could get half a stone off what I thought I weighed (i.e. 13.7 less half a stone = 13st). Not sure if it'll happen though, will have to see! Would be a nice thought to start week 2 with only 2 stone left to lose!

Day 4 coming to an end and ketosis has now kicked in properly as I have my usual energy back. Have been drinking plenty and lots of loo trips have been made, although I feel I am getting used to this a bit more now and my bladder is holding out longer! Day 5 tomorrow but another 5 days to WI. Hubby has gone away for 8 days and am hoping to have lost my first stone by the time he gets back! Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I have to have goals :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok - Sharon, are you in the "I don't care about food in the slightest" phase yet?Am wondering how long it will take for me to get there as although not hungry I do keep wishing I could have a little pick at the box of chocs/pringles in the lounge!

xxx

Well done for keeping going my dear, I am nearly at the end of day 1 and nearly gave up about 10 times but I'm still on the plan!!!
I have to keep weighing during the week, particularly at the beginning. The weight loss each day is what keeps me going at the beginning. Can't wait for the ketosis to kick in!!

Well done hun, not long to go and the hours will turn into days, into weeks and months before we know it! Keep ignoring the cravings, you can do it :) xx

Hello darling!!!! I am def thinking I miss food but soooooooo overrated :D and guess what it will be there when I finished lol I am going to try and keep going till April coz I have busy month with party on 2nd birthday on 1 hubby's 40th mine on 13th and boys on 18th so very busy and will be eating but trying to stay on SS till then lol
Keep going Hun I am weighing in Tuesday as well xxxx

Back