OLD WW recipe.

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Points' started by whoami1, 15 February 2011 Social URL.

1. whoami1

whoami1 Full Member

Hello there,
    I am off the SW forum but wonder if anyone has an old WW cookbook who can help me.
    I did WW a few years ago (2003) so reckon that was 1-2-3 and had loads of cookbooks. I remember a recipe for chilli prawn noodles which I think I could use on SW but I can't find the recipe anywhere.
    I know they do a stirfry prawns now. But this one had, apart from the 3 obvious ingrediants, carrots ? soy sauce...I just can't remember what else.
    Really would appreciate if anyone has the 123 cookbook. Or I did also have a boxset of 4 books - it might have come from one of them.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. imso

imso Full Member

Chilli prawn stir-fry (the pic looks like chilli prawn noodles) from the 1-2-3 book

1 small carrot, cut into strips
    quater of a red pepper, sliced
    1 teaspoon sunflower oil
    1 garlic clove crushed
    1 small fresh green chilli. de-seeded and sliced thinly
    55g egg noodles
    2 tablespoon light soy sauce
    1 tablespoon dry sherry
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    a pinch of sugar
    115g cooked, peeled prawns
    salt and freshly ground black pepper

let me know if you need the method for cooking it :)
  4. whoami1

whoami1 Full Member

Thank you so much...seem to think I missed out the sugar and sherry and it was still delicious!
    would it be much of a hassle for you to give me a quick reminder of hwat to chuck in when.
    Thank you thank you thank you...I always loved this :)
  5. imso

imso Full Member

No problem at all....

heat a non-stick wok until hot then stir in the carrot, pepper, sunflower oil, garlic and chilli.
    cook briskly, stirring and tossing for 2 minutes.
    meanwhile soak the egg noodles in boiling water, according to pack instructions. drain and pile on a warm plate.
    mix the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and sugar into the vegetables. cook for 1 minute then add the prawns.
    stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until piping hot, season to taste and serve with the noodles
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.