OMG - Apple Betty!

dawnyp

Have made an Apple Betty as trying to find low syn desserts. Anyway, not a massive fan of apples but thought I'd give it a go and it is lush! It's more like a creme caramel consistency but so nice. i think I would like more sultanas but that adds to the syns. if you haven't tried it, give it a go - it was the easiest thing to make.
Also made a tortilla and some cous cous so been a busy bee.....however, just had a 2 finger Kitkat so am now going to look at the syn value [prob should have done that before I put it in my mouth!]
:clap:

I made this last Sunday and I totally agree it was lush, I didnt put any sultanas in mine though as do not like them but it was still great, did add a bit of seasoning to apples to give them a bit of a kick.

Will deffo make this again

OOOooops, 2 finger kit kat is 5.5 syns - what a waste of syns and now has just tipped me over 15 syns for the day!Won't be making that mistake again.:mad:

I made it too, found it a little eggy but I agree a few more sultanas and this would be even yummier :) I'd give it another go but use more spices, more sultanas and more apples !!!

OOOooops, 2 finger kit kat is 5.5 syns - what a waste of syns and now has just tipped me over 15 syns for the day!Won't be making that mistake again.:mad:

Just a tip I find if I need a chocolate hit I have a mug of options at only 2.5syns for a 11g mug of chocolate and so many choices of flavours and it defiantly hits the spot

I made it too a while back, I took it to my group on a taster evening and won a cookbook. It was at my old group and every taster evening we used to vote for the one we liked best.
Its really nice, but if I remember rightly it used a lot of eggs, I did the recipe off the SW site and I think it as 8 eggs!!

i have to agree its very nice :)

Bonus, the husband doesn't tend to like the 'healthier' SW desserts I make as they are just not the same but he really likes the Apple Betty - hooray!
icon14.gif

Hi guys I am new member to SW and need your help. I have made the apple betty really fab. But their is a lady in my group who is struggling, she wants to make a chocolate and banana mousse recipe in a book but it is confusing her. It says it serves four then talk about two dishes for serving at the end. I've had a look online and can't find it, or any alternatives - any ideas???

Best wishes
silverstar

Back