OMG Chippy!!!!

Galaxy83

Every couple of weeks I have been having a chippy as a treat. Weight watchers say a large portion is 9 points....now I always knew this was probably really underestimating the portion size and so I always put them in my tracker as 15 points (just a guess) thinking they surely wouldn't be any more than that.

After noticing the week after my chippys I have been saying the same I thought I'd best weigh them because I couldn't find the cause of not losing weight any where else in my week..........the chips alone came out at...........wait for it.............dum dum duuuuuuuuuum............39.5 points!!!!!!! :eek: That's just for chips never mind the pie and gravy and I normally have with it bringing that one meal to 50 points!!!

Needless to say no more chippys for me :sigh: Just thought I'd warn any unsuspecting chippy eaters out there haha!!

what????????? gosh that is v high, i'll have to avoid them also. Sometimes you need a nice wee treat but the chips aren't worth that.
BYE BYE CHIPPY

hmmmm well now i'm confused. I do weight watchers online and there are 2 different points values for restuarant meal chips......if i put in 430g in one it comes out as 39.5 points but in the other one it comes out as 18.5 :confused: I don't know what the difference could be or how many points there in in 430g of chippy chips now but I'm still probably best steering clear!

AVOID!!!! 50 points is crazy!!!!!!

170g of chippy chips = 7.5 points, you will find like i did this is just about a cone! maybe even goes over the cone portions in some chip shop places! you will find a small chips / normal portion just about comes to 9.5/10 ... so i'd say that a large would come out about 18/20 points??? i usually go by knowing that 170g of chips from there is 7.5 points :)

well I'm having it tonight whatever,tomorrow is a new day

GOOD GOD!!!! bye bye fish n chips can ya inagine so wat the batter alone on the fish is never mind the chips!!!! was watchin my big fat diet show goin bak and thy show real healthy way of makin your own

Serves 4

Ingredients
For the chips

4 medium baking potatoes
4 springs thyme
2 tsp groundnut oil
Nutritional info
392 (almost 400) calories per serving

For the tartare sauce
100g Greek yoghurt
25g gerkins, roughly chopped
½ clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Juice ½ lemon
10g capers, drained and roughly chopped
Small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Black pepper

For the fish
4 x 180g fillets of skinless haddock
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tbsp flour
100g breadcrumbs
Zest ½ lemon
2 tsp ground nut oil
Lemon wedges, to serve

Method: How to make skinny fish and chips
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Wash the potatoes but do not peel, cut into 2cm thick chips, blanch in simmering water for 2-3 minutes, drain well and tip them into a large food bag with the oil and shake well. Tip on to a baking tray, season with rock salt and ground black pepper and add the thyme springs. Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the tartare sauce: combine all of the ingredients and season to taste with black pepper. You shouldn't need any salt as the capers are quite salty.
4. Place the flour and egg into 2 shallow bowls, mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, tip the breadcrumbs into a third shallow bowl.
5. Dip the fish one by one into first the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Heat the 2 teaspoons of groundnut oil in a large frying pan and fry the fish over a medium to high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
6. Serve the fish and chips with the tartare sauce and a lemon wedge.

havnt worked out the points yet but its much much lower than the chipper and to be honest a looot tastier :)

otherwise jus use micro chips, 2.5 pts per box, grab couple of fish fillets whip up own batter with some flour and eggs and fry with no cal spray in non stick pan :)

Amm so glad you posted this tonight after my sneaky trip to the chippy last night! Will weigh them in future to make sure although will have to be feeling strong to throw any excess ones away

haha that's the thing....it is virtually impossible to throw away excess chips if they weigh too much. I've never known this be done before :)

haha that's the thing....it is virtually impossible to throw away excess chips if they weigh too much. I've never known this be done before :)

Lol i do it! :) but seeing as i know that a cone is about 170g give or take it's only about 5 or so chips i chuck aside! :)

Back