OMG! Crumpets!!!

CornishPisky

I have just had one of my all too infrequent brainwaves. Just done OH & DS crumpets for breakfast (Grrr). Then thought, "couscous cake...toasted...."

OMG! Just like crumpets! Yummmmmmmmmy! :D:D:D

**Forgot to say I sliced it to about slice of bread thickness**

Last edited:
Cous cous cake? tastes like crumpets? Please explain i love crumpets (currently dribbling just thinking about them)!!!

x

Well I suppose its like everything. Some you like, some you don't & not everyone's ideas appeal to everyone else... I thought they tasted pretty good, quite similar textures, but then I AM the one who has had sweetened cous cous for breakfast before now...(What was I thinking ?????)

I have sweetened cous cous all the time hun, I call it cheats pudding and use Horlicks extra light sachets on it. Vanilla ones taste like rice pudding, I use them most often.

Yes, I was wondering how you do sweetened cous cous - is it just ordinary cous cous but made up with splenda?

I tried the couscous cake and really didn't like it - it came out bland and a bit bleughy. Maybe I didn't do it right?...

The cous cous cake is in the recipe thread above. I just sliced a piece off the top instead of cutting into slices, & toasted it. Sweetened cous cous is just cooked cous cous, with added sweetener.

So the sweetened cous cous is still dry? Not like a nice creamy rice pudding?
Could you stir in some total 0% to make it more like a "naughty" pudding?

My problem isn't the crumpet itself but the 1/2 tub of spread I feel the need to spread on it!!

I think I'd still want to do it to the cous cous cake too.

Has self control issues....a tsp is such a tiny amount. :break_diet::rolleyes:

My problem isn't the crumpet itself but the 1/2 tub of spread I feel the need to spread on it!!

I think I'd still want to do it to the cous cous cake too.

Has self control issues....a tsp is such a tiny amount. :break_diet::rolleyes:

Aww bless you. Try a sachet (or just half of one is enough for me...) of Lakeland Ltd's Butter Buds, dissolved in 1tsp of boiling water. Stays slightly runny, but tastes just like butter, & a whole sachet is only 0.5 syns. :)

Aww bless you. Try a sachet (or just half of one is enough for me...) of Lakeland Ltd's Butter Buds, dissolved in 1tsp of boiling water. Stays slightly runny, but tastes just like butter, & a whole sachet is only 0.5 syns. :)

Wooooooo. Thanks, I'd forgotten all about those. Must invest next time I'm near a Lakeland, they were great on Corn on the Cob too if I remember right.

Back