OMG I am so angry

This week I have been so good, I have been doing 30 day shred and not synning, went for a weigh in last night and only 1.5lb off. I know a loss is a loss but I have worked really hard and am not happy with 1.5 :(

Went to SW with my friends, all of whom lost more than I have even though I have worked hardest. Disheartened? _ YES

I may not even bloody bother, in 3 weeks I have only lost 2lbs

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi, I find that this happens to me for the first few weeks on a diet especially this one which is a bit weird as its not actually a "diet" if you know what I mean. Your body has to click whats happening and then it starts to come off.. I bet next week you will lose more. Try focussing on how you feel. I bet you felt great before you stoof on the scales so whats changed? Its just a number, don't let it dictate...

By the way, you lost 3 blocks of lard... visualise that, its amazing xx

By the way, you lost 3 blocks of lard... visualise that, its amazing

I think that's a great way to look at it. I lost 11lbs... and despite other people saying they could see it on me.. I really really couldn't (not until I wore certain clothes that hadn't fit before!)

When I used to only lose smaller weights, I used to take my kitchen scales and used to put different things on them that equalled my weight loss that week! It's brilliant when u pick something up and think "that's quite heavy" and you realise that that weight has been lost from your body!!! :D

I would ecstatic if I lost 1.5lbs a week that is nearly half a stone a month which is amazing.

Sometimes I find when I am exercising I have an unexplained gain or a STS but then it evens itself out again.

Even with the STS or gain I notice my body shape is changing and
my body fat is going down.

Maybe try taking your measurements and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Dont give up x

I think that's a great way to look at it. I lost 11lbs... and despite other people saying they could see it on me.. I really really couldn't (not until I wore certain clothes that hadn't fit before!)

When I used to only lose smaller weights, I used to take my kitchen scales and used to put different things on them that equalled my weight loss that week! It's brilliant when u pick something up and think "that's quite heavy" and you realise that that weight has been lost from your body!!! :D

My weight loss has been slow, so started to compare my loss to blocks of butter (see end of my signature) and have now lost the equivalent of a butter mound!! :D

Oh I can just see us all now in Tesco piling up butter till it's the right amount! mind it'll be a bit of body magic too lol

My sister suggested having a fat suit made to carry around (like the padded pregnancy suits) of how much weight you've lost, to feel just what a difference you've made... carry that for a day, those 1.5lbs are gonna really make a difference lol...
... then again, carry that around you won't want to lose any more weight because the fat suit would just get heavier every week hahahaha ---- we didn't think the plan through lol!!!

danni xx

Go and get 3 half pound packets of butter
Stick one in on each boob up your jumper and the other in the back of your trousers Or on your tummy
Stand and look at yourself for 5 mins then take them all back out
How much better does that look !!!

Id just like to add...

Last week I did 3hrs 30mins of exercise made up of zumba, body attack and the gym. I stuck to the plan like a little angel and I gained 0.5lb. I know it's nothing I did, probably just water retention. If I'd have jumped on the scales and had a 1.5lb loss I would have been over the moon believe me!

Well done M&G!

well done ! but dont get disheartened again with small losses ! my average is usually 1 to 2 lb a week (when i was doing it last year) and im happy with that ! i even gained last week when id had a bbq ! even though id done loads of exercise ! i wouldnt expect exercise to make you lose weight in the beginning like the other said its more for your health at the start :D and omg the 30 day shred you must be mental ! i can only just manage a zumba class and bodyblaster once a week haha x

well done ! but dont get disheartened again with small losses ! my average is usually 1 to 2 lb a week (when i was doing it last year) and im happy with that ! i even gained last week when id had a bbq ! even though id done loads of exercise ! i wouldnt expect exercise to make you lose weight in the beginning like the other said its more for your health at the start :D and omg the 30 day shred you must be mental ! i can only just manage a zumba class and bodyblaster once a week haha x

I am happy with 1- 2 lb a week from now on I just needed a larger one to make me feel like I have actually started if that makes sense, am really happy with 4 off this week though :D

30 day shred is a killer but I am determined to do it! Would like to try Zumba too, do you enjoy it??

OMG I love these boards xx

What is the shred diet ???? Thought I'd had a go at every diet but never heard of this one !!!

Its a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD, really intense, supposed to have great results, I will let you know about that one! There is a thread on exercise and fitness that explains it better :D

Thank you, I did stick with it and have had a few syns, this week I lost 4lb!

Congratulations :) I'm glad you got a brilliant loss this week as evidence of all the hard work you have been putting in!! xx

30 day shred is hardcore!!!

make sure you do measurements if you're doing shred, thats where I saw the benefits rather than the scales xx

Back