OMG I did it.....i got to goal

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Woke up this morning and the scales read 10 stones:bliss: I can hardly believe it.
For those of you that don't know i lost the majority of my weight using a vlcd but came off half a stone from target, i have been messing around losing and gaining the same few pounds since september but really got my backside in gear and started cc and tracking everything i ate and voila! Those stubborn pounds have finally melted away!

So where to go from here, well i know that i now need to tinker around with my calories until i find a good maintenance level but the devil inside me is pushing me to lose another half a stone.

Congrats, must be a brilliant feeling.

Well done!!! Can I ask- did you go by online advice as to what cals to take in, or did you tinker around yourself til you hit on 'your' number?
I've just under a stone to lose to get to goal after a vlcd and am trying to get my head in gear to do it! LOL!

absolutely fantastic!!! So happy for you...CONGRATULATIONS!!! xx

Well done!!! Can I ask- did you go by online advice as to what cals to take in, or did you tinker around yourself til you hit on 'your' number?
I've just under a stone to lose to get to goal after a vlcd and am trying to get my head in gear to do it! LOL!

Hiya:), i worked up the Cambridge diet plans first by going on the 1000cal step, then the 1200 cal step, i didn't quite follow the 1500cal step recommended by cambridge (ie, their own meal replacement and diet plan) but still kept within a 1500 cal range most of the time. But my weight didn't budge for quite a while....then i got a bit disheartened and kept overeating and then undereating to compensate (not recommended btw;)).
I finally made a commitment to myself to lose the last of the weight and stuck rigidly to a 1500 cal a day diet. It worked, i also upped the exercise a bit. So i would suggest tinkering around with the calories until you find an amount that you are comfortable with.
I was in no rush to lose the remaining weight so 1500 was perfect for me, i don't think i could have gone much lower tbh.

Good luck in finding what works for you:)

well done hun, its such a great feeling. i got to goal on mon and now thinking maybe lose a little more. lol. we're never happy are we.

x x

Well done to you too hun, it's an amazing feeling isn't it? You look great in your picture.
You are right, we are never happy but that's a womans prerogative right;)

Absolutely fabulous! Well done and now just keep on doing what you are doing. It's a lifestyle really isn't it.

And inspiring to hear about success and knowing it's out there. Thanks.

Bren
X

I finally made a commitment to myself to lose the last of the weight and stuck rigidly to a 1500 cal a day diet. It worked, i also upped the exercise a bit. So i would suggest tinkering around with the calories until you find an amount that you are comfortable with.
Thanks for that. I was under a gp's/dietitian care before I did the vlcd and was on a 1500cal a day 'diet' but wasn't shifting a single lb- and I was weighing/counting every single bite that went into my mouth! It was VERY frustrating. And I was completely full all the time due to good food choices? But then I had a history of undereating, then overeating so my metabolism was probably shot?
I think I'll do the 1500cal a day thing too, but do a week or two at 1300cals first? I'm a bit scared to jump straight to 1500 at the minute? I reckon I'm averaging 1000cals at the minute, but my weight is all over the place so I need to get my head together and get back on track?
Thanks again.:D

Back