OMG I'm so ecstatic I have to share!!!!

Book-Worm

Silver Member
I have been shopping for the first time since the start of the diet (only window shopping though, sadly :( )

I was in Primark, looking at the winter coats, rejoycing that for once I would not freeze in the winter because I would be able to buy a coat that I would be able to fasten without looking like the Michelin Man (usually, I let my winter coat open as it doesn't make me look as fat :( )

My husband invited me to try one on. At first I didn't want to. Primark, I discovered, are notorious for their "smaller" sizes, ie a size 18 from Primark is smaller than a size 18 in Asda.

But then I thought "OK, let's try the 18 on": it was too big!!!!! So I tried the 16 on and it was perfect!!!!! I even had room for a bulky jumper underneath!!!!! And to think that when the time comes to buy a new coat, the size 16 will be too big!!! I was so chuffed!!!

I didn't try any trousers in Primark as I know the size 18 is too small (pear shape dieter here!). So we went to Asda and I tried on a size 16 pair of high waisted skinny jeans. And they fit!!! :D Well, they were a bit tight around the belly, so I know where to target my exercise now. But they fit nonetheless!!! I used to wear Size 24 jeans from there!

It helped so much. I was feeling really down before going out, wanting to eat, etc etc, but this has given me hope. That the diet IS working.

But funnily enough I was SCARED of trying smaller sizes because in my mind I was still a size 22/24... So no way a size 16 could fit me... It'll take time to see my body differently...

Sorry for the long post, but I HAD to share :D

Do you have any similar stories? Please share, I love reading about this sort of things. For me it's even more exciting than losing weight (although obviously, they go hand in hand). xxx

Last edited:
Well done Bookworm - bet that really made you even more determined to keep going! You have done so well, keep going!

Well done Bookworm - bet that really made you even more determined to keep going! You have done so well, keep going!

Thanks TBag. And you bet it has, I can really see myself in a nice little black dress for Christmas now :D And we have a birthday party on Dec 15th: I am really looking forward to shopping for that :D

That's frikkin awesome!! :D:D

Well done Bookworm thats amazing :D :D

That's so fantastic! I myself had a similar experience a few weeks ago! Went to buy some jeans, usually a size 22, and the 18's fit me perfectly! They're even a little loose now!! Feel's amazing!! Well done to you, and I'm so glad that you've got your motivation back xxx

BOOKWORM all i can say is "BRILLIANT" you must be over the moon, keep up the good work onward and smaller you go x

I love stories like this really keep you motivated well done book worm u skinny minny :) glad that's spurred u on x

Thanks girls! I still can't believe it! It's been so hard lately for some reason. Thesis work, husband being away for work 7 days at a time, etc. So that really spurred me on.

Now I can't wait to be able to fit in the size 16 skinny jeans from Asda WITHOUT the muffin top :D (they are the high waisted ones, supposed to flatten you tummy: my tummy must not have read that part of the label :eek: )

Back