OMG i'm soooooo cold !!

paigesmum30

Silver Member
Is it just me?? My hands and feet are always so cold! I work in a pub and somebody today said i had nice hands (?) grabbed hold of them and was in shock. Somebody else then came up to check and yes, they were freezing lol.

Put little one to bed tonight and went in to check on here an hour later, she was sweating as i had the heating on so high and i'm still absolutely freezing!!

It's a side effect of ketosis. I get it a lot at the moment too. I never normally wear jumpers, but am wearing them all the time at the moment, and I went out and bought some thicker tights & socks. I think it affects some people more than others. I like to think of it as my body will then use up even more calories trying to get warm again!

I've been freezing all week - now sleeping with two duvets lol. I do remember something similar happening when I did LL and I think it only lasted a few weeks.

Yep im the same. Im not usually one for having the heating on full blast.....id rather be cool than too hot....but this last week or so ive been freezing to the point of having the heating on practically all day lol..and wearing a nice thick cardi all the time...even with pjs. In a weirs way tho, cos im so cold especially at night its motivated me to keep up with my rowing machine at night to heat up a bit haha! x

The joys of ketosis, i'm usually sitting here in pj's, boot slippers (like uggs) a cotton dressing gown and a fleece blanket whlst my hubbie is is T-shirt! don't worry all the time you are cold the more your body is working full time to lose weight xxx

Its the early days of ketosis, it does pass though so just keep a pair of gloves and extra socks handy till you get through.

reading this has just reminded me to run upstairs and turn of my electric blanket :)
yep, i am also colder than the rest of the household. when i am at home i tend to be fully clothed with dressing gown on :(

Back