OMG!!!!! Ive got an interview!!!!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I applied for a job around 9 weeks ago and to be honest I had completeley forgotton about it.

i have recieved a letter in the post saying I have been shortlisted and I have an interview next week!

Im half excited, half petrified as I havent had a 'proper' interview before, this is in front of a panel of 3. normally I go for interviews and its an informal chat over a cup of tea!

I dont know much about the job either will have to do some research!

If anyone has any interview tips I would be incrediably gratefull - i really want this job!!!!!!! xx

well done, what kind of job is it? If its an admin job I can email you some interview tips/questions.

Well done on being shortlisted! I think with any interview the most important thing is to come across as calm, friendly and confident. That can honestly get you picked over other candidates who have more experience/knowledge, but don't have a positive demeanour.

all of the above plus know as much as possible about the company and be enthusiastic.

Appearance is of paramount importance as well.

I am thrilled for you because you want it so much. I will have everything crossed for you........go girl go

Be honest, ask about the company, ask about the people you will be working with & their roles, ask what their plans are for your role how they see it progressing; think about what you want out of it & ask them how they will help you achieve it, is there any ongoing training.

I always write down a list of questions for when I go in & make notes whilst being interviewed.

If you let us know what industry maybe I can think up some more questions.

Good luck & well done for being shortlisted.:D

Thank you all!!!!

The position is an Occupational Therapy Assistant working for the local community but based in the community from what I can gather (they gave very limited information in the advertisment!)

ok so just from the top of my head,you will obviously need to be able to communicate with people.

so you need to show them how you can do that, you'll need to be chatty in the interview, make sure you address them all, make eye contact etc.

Can you give examples of how you have help people in the past.

As this is an assistant you need to express how good you are at taking orders, working as part of a team, working on your own initiative, good telephone manner, communicate well by letter, following proceedure.

Thats it for now if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Oh just a thought have they sent you a job spec & a list of needs & desirables? This would be a good starting point, you will need to demonstrate you have all the needs & as many of the desirables as possible.

Back