omg, so inspritional

maclynn

Silver Member
hi, last night, me and a mate went to a slimming world talk, and, oh my it was good. It was give by a chap called roberto, who was slimming worlds biggest loser in 2009, he lost 25 stone, he had us laughing, crying, and thinking, but, most of all a great inspriation. All the consulatants from the area were they're, and now just know i'm going get rid of that final weight.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sounds fantastic! Wish they'd do one round here...

Ive never heard of anything like that around where i live, i'd of liked to go too!

It was a great and inspirational talk by Roberto last night.

So gutted I missed it, I am I'll on sofa

hiyer ian, you weren't the chap roberto introduced us to were you? i hope they're are more of these evenings, as you learn so much:D

Yes - that was me... Wasn't expecting that last night.

Where was this talk held, out of interest?

hi the event was held at the cornmarket, in kettering northants, it was open to slimming world members, and, those interested in joining, the consults, also did a bit of a taster evening.
Ian, you've done amazing, you look so different to you're photo.:D

So far away :( ahh well, would of been good to go too!

Thanks Maclynn.

That's the one problem generally when special guests go to group - it's been done between them and the consultant for the consultant's members only - rather then a public forum such as last night which was in part (I guess) to launch this years "Let's beat it together" campaign.

There should be more general open forums like this with sufficent promotion too. I drove over an hour to get there last night - but was able to meet other people I only knew online in the area before hand - but would have probably done it anyhow - just to hear Roberto's full story (or as much as he could fit in in the time he had) - I've heard the 10minute version before as he turned up unexpectedly at a group I was talking at last year.

I'm sure such events would be well attended - depending on the guests - even if there was a small admittance charge (there wasn't last night).

This is really annoying... I go to group every week and have heard nothing about this. :( Nor, even, of any at all and I've been living my SW life for 1 year and 177 days!!

Ok, it's far from where I live (in sunny Manchester :D ) but by not knowing anything about it, the decision on whether to go (or not) has been taken out of my hands!!!

PUBLICISE EVENTS LIKE THIS !!!!!!

Ok. Rant over.

P.S. Glad you had a great time!! :D

Last edited:
Carrie - Slimming World does have a you-tube channel with various videos of interviews with members and in particular winners of various titles. I know Roberto features in three or four at a minimum.

YouTube -

Back