OMG the dreaded hairloss is happening!!

imagisal

Well, I know it is something that can happen so went into this with my eyes open. Guess i thought i would be one of the lucky ones to escape fully thatched. I guess there must be a delay reaction as i have not been on a strict SS basis for many weeks due to being away, holidays and work etc But I have noticed a marked increase in shedding hair and every time I comb it out there are alot of loose hairs. I have longish hair so i guess it is more noticeable, just as well it is thick too! I know some people take hair supplements but I figure CD should be doing all that so i will just try and be gentle, not over shampoo and hope things right themselves. It is a bit scary though! Any advice or similar experience from anyone??

was on lipotrim for 14wks, experienced hair loss on refeed. hair is back to normal now 12mths later. was really worried but would do it all over again to achieve these weightloss results. try not to fret too much as the hair will regrow.

Silica tablets. My local herbalist recommended them when I started to loose hair after just 2 weeks on CD. They've not stopped the loss completely, but it has slowed it right down.

But now my face has thinned right down I'm thinking of having my hair cropped short. It'll make it look thicker, and I wont have to blow dry it and use all the 'gunk' which I'm sure is not good for it while it's in such a fragile state.

It is hard not to worry, but It happened to me too, I felt like a never ending amount of hair just kept falling out, it started a few weeks after I came off TFR. It lasted for a couple of months, I could feel my hair thinner, but I dont think you could see the difference, I didnt have any bald patches or anything. My hair is totally normal now, this happened oct-dec last year.

Thankyou soooooo much everyone I really do feel reassured hearing your experiences, I think I can handle the thinning but was worried about bald patches.Wow Scousemouse only a pound to go! Witchypoo I am going to get the silica and like you say minimal styling and heat, thanks, congrats on your great weightloss results. Thanks Thefutureisbright...enjoy those walks!

I'm glad someone else said this. I thought I was the only one who was worried about it.

My hair has been falling out since week 2 on CD yet it did not happen on my other VLCD so I thought I would get away with it when I swapped over to CD.

I'm off to buy Silica now too.

Just to add something here. 2 weeks on a Cambridge doesn't cause hair loss. You need to be on it for at least a couple of months and then it's pretty rare (though admittedly not 'very' unusual.

Only mentioning it because if you are experiencing hair loss and you haven't been doing a VLCD for long, then it would be worth exploring some other cause.

im with you guys!!

Ive had hair loss from about 3 months in....its below my shoulders and its the length which methinks makes it looks so dry and thin! I panic every day when i see hair falling out, my shower plug is clogged constantly ;-(

However, im off to get it cut shorted tomorrow - hoping this will make it appear thicker, fuller and less brittle.

Good luck
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Mrs Z and baby Callalillies, wow you have done so well, have you considered posting more pics? would love to see some before and afters. KD thanks for the info, I look out for your posts for inspiration and your wisdom of experience with CD, I am currently messing about big time and trying to get real and just do SS BY THE RULES!!! Best wishes everyone.

Only mentioning it because if you are experiencing hair loss and you haven't been doing a VLCD for long, then it would be worth exploring some other cause.

I'm on week 15 now and only swapped to CD 2 weeks ago. Both are VLCD.

I never had any hair loss before at all.

Thanks Mrs Z and baby Callalillies, wow you have done so well, have you considered posting more pics? would love to see some before and afters. KD thanks for the info, I look out for your posts for inspiration and your wisdom of experience with CD, I am currently messing about big time and trying to get real and just do SS BY THE RULES!!! Best wishes everyone.

I'm really not brave enough to post the pictures yet.

I took some before I started and took all my measurements though. When I look at the pics it amazes me that I got to that size without even realising it.

I'm at my initial goal (nearly) which I set thinking it was way out of my reach but now that it's really here and I've done it I'm going to re-set the goal. I just want to get the ticker right to the end before I change it.

I haven't experienced any hair loss - nothing more noticeable than usual anyway - i always notice a little hair loss in the shower because it's just below shoulder length, and I dye it every single month, blow dry it every day and i've got quite thick hair... so nothing more than usual. Thank goodness.

Im with Mrs Z on this....

I still dont feel i look anything near how i thought i would have with my weight loss ;-((( so not up for posting any pics. Ive taken photos for every stone i lost - it makes me sad to see how i looked way back in january! I am so scared of going back to that weight.

When i get to the end of my ticker...im going to try and lose some more weight, that way the journey doenst seem so long. One step at a time!

Good luck

Anni
xxxxxxxx

You are doing great Mrs Z, best wishes with any goals you set yourself. I am sure it will hit you at some point, what an amazing change you are making and maybe posting pics is something that you will be comfortable with. I guess i should walk my own talk and put some up myself!!!....I am nearly half way through but having a huge mid way struggle. Have a fab week.

Hi Anni, you have achieved a great loss.... you are probably not caught up with your reality yet!!! What's that saying..."Oh were it the gift to give us, to see ourselves as others see us"..something like that. Years ago I got down from 17 stone to 12 stone........but dieting with food......then 3 stone crept back on and i have never felt so depressed at feeling like 17stone was imminent again and couldn't deal with food. CD has been great for quick loss and huge relief....I still have so much to learn though about finally dealing with food in a healthy way. I am struggling but determined to work the CD steps...feel like I am mostly failing lately though.

my hair regularly falls out i doubt i would notice an excess as its already very thick, should i be wary of extra loss?

I am nearly half way through but having a huge mid way struggle. Have a fab week.

I'm fine during the week - It's a Sunday I struggle with.

That used to be our dvd and bottle of bubbles, not even getting dressed day together and now it's fizzy water and packet soup - which isn't quite the same.

Have a fab week too

The hair loss is perfectly natural. When you first start a VCLD, your body goes into "starvation" mode, and holds on to your hair, not shedding as much as normal to protect the body from the starvation. Eventually, your body realises that food is coming in a different form, and starts to shed all the hairs it no longer needs. You would usually lose between 100-200 hairs a day, so when your body catched up, it seems like loads!! It all grows back, but going for the chop can help the hair look thicker whilst it does so.

Crimson x

Back