What the hell is happening? :-(

Twinklecheeks

Hi guys, looking for some advice and to pick your brains. I've been doing LT since September last year and lost almost 5 stone. I swapped to Exante on Wed cause I only had the shakes on LT (hated the 'flapjacks' and soup) so I swapped for a bit more variety in flavours etc.

I have to admit that I am one of those who weigh themselves daily first thing after a wee in the morning and right from the beginning I have either lost a couple of pounds from the previous day or stayed the same (sometimes stayed the same for as much as 6 days) but I have NEVER gained, even on TOTM. I swapped on Wednesday and the day after I'd lost another pound. But the day after that I'd put on 3lbs! I thought it might have been the bouillon I had had two mugs of the day before because I got the normal one and not the reduced salt one (thought maybe I'd retained a bit of water) so that day I only had water and peppermint tea. I did have some of the tesco's own still apple water with the malic acid in and maybe half a glass of coke zero as well but the day after that (Saturday) I still weighed 3lbs heavier and today I weighed myself and I've put on another 1/4 pound! What is going on???? I am sticking to it religiously. I'm having one shake, one bar and one soup a day with mainly plain water with the odd swig of coke zero and a couple of peppermint teas. I am still in ketosis cause I've checked my urine.

I thought it might be the slightly higher carb content in exante than LT but as advised by Starlight this shouldn't make you gain weight cause it's only slightly more. I thought it might have been the bouillon so I cut that out but I've still gained. It's not TOTM cause I finished one just over a week ago. Anyone any ideas why this is happening? Today I'm just going to have plain water and peppermint tea and see what tomorrow brings. I'm really gutted as I was enjoying all the flavours and I really like the bars. I don't want to go back on LT cause I was getting really bored of just having the shakes but I also want to continue losing. Was maybe expecting to lose at a slightly slower rate but certainly wasn't expecting to gain 3 1/4 pounds. :cry::cry::cry:

I know you're gonna say "this is why you shouldn't weigh everyday, it disheartens and demotivates" but I have done it every day since I started and hasn't bothered me.

Has anyone else swapped from LT and had a similar experience? Sorry for long winded message....

Looking forward to any bright ideas? Xxx

The scales are a nightmare at times aren't they. Nothing else to suggest but hang in there xx

I don't want to put anyone off their lunch but when was the last time you 'went'? I've found with Exante I don't go very often and that affects the scales (yes I too weigh every day) especially with the 'bulk' of the bars (CD bars were very small and I didn't find they affected me). My weight seems to drop faster day by day if I only have soups and shakes, but since having bars and porridge, it seems to take longer to go through iyswim?

Other than that all I can say is hide the scales, stick with it, if it hasn't righted itself after a month go back to LT?

Thanks for you advice. It's just really bugging me cause I can't think why it might have happened. I have 'been' to the loo but maybe not as much as I normally would come to to think of it. I mainly swapped to exante for the bars, the soups are ok but I wouldn't be bothered about having one every day. I'm considering going back on LT but maybe buying a box of bars from exante and maybe a few times a week substitute a shake for a bar. How does that sound to you guys? Xx

If I were you I would stick it out for a bit longer first and see what happens. It may just be your body getting used to it/holding some water or something and then it will all come off, it has only been a few days. x

Yeh I guess so. Ordered another weeks variety pack so will see how I get on. Thanks again for your advice guys xx

Back