OMG!!!!!!!

leighxx

Just had heart failure! was checking syns of food I used to enjoy & there is 48 syns in a double whopper with cheese :eek: I used to think nothing of eating this & also had fries with it & sometimes finished off with a popcorn chicken from KFC.
A pepperoni cheesy bites pizza from pizza hut 19 per slice :eek:.
I used to think nothing of having 4 slices of cheesy bites pizza & a double whopper with cheese meal.....& box meal from KFC all in one week!

You know those "better than takeaway" pizzas? 98 syns. And I used to quite happily have one with chips and garlic bread on the side...!

Amazing really..!

When we went shopping last night OH put hot cross buns in the trolley. In the evening OH buttered one for himself & offered me one. Oh my I was so tempted, but thought I'm not even going to check the syns because whatever they are I don't think they are worth it.

My first job when I was 16 was in McDonalds and you get a meal each day as part of your pay - 3 months of having a Double Cheese Burger and caramel sundae 2 or 3 times a week and I put on over a stone!! And that was with being on my feet running up and down stairs constantly for a seven hour shift.

That was the start of my weight problem, and I have been fighting with that stone and its friends ever since!!

Its really scary when you start looking at takeaway food - 2 of them and a small chocolate bar and that its, all syns for the week gone, and all we'd have to show for it is a greasy wrapper and indigestion!!

Have you tried making the SW KFC yet - a very good alternative that still feels like a treat!

When we went shopping last night OH put hot cross buns in the trolley. In the evening OH buttered one for himself & offered me one. Oh my I was so tempted, but thought I'm not even going to check the syns because whatever they are I don't think they are worth it.

That is what is getting to me at present. As one walks into Iceland the first thing you see is a double sized freezer full of hot cross buns. I have been so tempted to buy some but so far have resisted. I don't eat butter but the thought of one toasted and spread with ginger and orange marmalade gets the old juices going.

Have you tried making the SW KFC yet - a very good alternative that still feels like a treat!

It is delicious and easy to make but take care with the spices. I prefer it to KFC and served with your red day allowance of SW style oven chips hits the spot.

Its really scary when you start looking at takeaway food - 2 of them and a small chocolate bar and that its, all syns for the week gone, and all we'd have to show for it is a greasy wrapper and indigestion!!

no not tried it yet might have a go soon as gonna fill the freezer on Saturday cos it looks like mother hubbards cupboard :eek:

In an old thread I found that the Tesco Healthy Living ones are 8 !!!! Goodness what on earth are normal ones then.

M & S luxury Hot Cross Buns are a whopping 11syns.

If you are tempted to have one you then have the butter to add on to that.

Gosh, I am so glad I have resisted...........I think I will just peel another orange, I have a few you know lol !!!

Are you not ...pithed... of with them yet :eek:

I'll get my coat :eek:

I will hold it whist you put it on.!!!

They are beginning to get on my "pip" *groan *

Twice a week I used to go to Burger King for my lunch... bacon double cheese burger with LARGE fries, a side of onion rings, two portions BBQ sauce with large diet coke (who was I kidding?!) oh and I'd grab whatever special ice cream they had on offer for the walk back to the office... *facepalm* no wonder I was fat!

Just had heart failure! was checking syns of food I used to enjoy & there is 48 syns in a double whopper with cheese :eek: I used to think nothing of eating this & also had fries with it & sometimes finished off with a popcorn chicken from KFC.
A pepperoni cheesy bites pizza from pizza hut 19 per slice :eek:.
I used to think nothing of having 4 slices of cheesy bites pizza & a double whopper with cheese meal.....& box meal from KFC all in one week!

Yep, my breakfasts were similar!

In my opinion, there's no point in denying this as I never got to obese and 6st 3llb overweight by eating the odd bit of "junk".

Years of booze, burgers, takeaways and chip butties take their toll. I'd go as far to say I would have at least one weeks syns every single day - in fact Lurpak alone would be more than a few days worth!:eek:

Just hope I never get onto that particular conveyorbelt again:eek:

Good god... That's very eye opening... But then if I think about one of my "full english" breakfasts... 4 smartprice sausages (5 syns EACH) half a pack of bacon (fat still on it) a full tin of beans/spaghetti in tom sauce, about 4 hash browns (10 syns for the lot?) plastic burger cheese slices on the hash browns, fried eggs and mushrooms (yeh... thats my third super free...) Heh.. it's no wonder I weigh what I do is it really?

I see why they would apPEAL to you though, it is a good superfree food :eek::rolleyes:

Oh that is just so baaaaaaaad lol !!!

Orange you pleased you started this lol !!!

Glad to see you could squeeze one more joke out of it :rolleyes:

I suppose it is because.............
My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned, I couldn’t concentrate.

My first job when I was 16 was in McDonalds and you get a meal each day as part of your pay - 3 months of having a Double Cheese Burger and caramel sundae 2 or 3 times a week and I put on over a stone!! And that was with being on my feet running up and down stairs constantly for a seven hour shift.

That was the start of my weight problem, and I have been fighting with that stone and its friends ever since!!

seems work is the start of a lot of peoples weight problems..
the "freedom" that comes with having money in your pocket and some independance is a bad combination..

Mine started when the larger guy at work (one year older than me, but already into the high 20's stone wise ) started taking me with him to the chip shop every lunch time.. I was the one who got out of the car and fetched the chips while he turned the car around..
Pie and chips with 2 pickled eggs every day is NOT a good thing for your waist line..

Back