On a downer right now fell off wagon :o(

Keighleyjo2010

Silver Member
I got some news on Saturday which I knew was coming but it was a matter of when, which has upset me more then I thought it would. Just felt really down yesterday and ended up having Nandos!! I woke up in the morning just thinking about every thing and turned to food as always, I know it was wrong but old habits will take a while to break, Nandos is all I had so I'm glad I isn't gorge all day.

Ate again today but won't b eating tonight, it looks as tho it hasn't affected my weight but will be 100% tomorrow. And I'll stick to my WI on sat and see how much I have lost this week.

Have a bad back at the mo went to the dr's today and am now on co-codimal, hopefully it will go soon, it's drivin me crazy!

just jump back up here on the wagon with us :) I had a bad 5 days , gained 9lb , lost 5 of it after 24 hours back on plan ... I am sure you havent done any damage and sometimes we need to eat , sounds like a stressful time for you :hug99:

can i just warn you that co codimol may make you constipated , so it may be a good idea to plan ahead for that !!!:eek:

Lol cheers for the heads up Hun, I took 2 at 4:20 the dr said they can make you drowsy, and I am just feeling the effects now! My head has gone super light so I have asked my OH (who is in asda shopping for his dinner) to get me a chicken breast & cucumber. That's all I am going to have tonight.

I now feel super hot & clammy, feeling slightly sick. But still have back pain which keeps shooting down my left leg!!

sounds like sciatica to me with the pain down your leg .
They can make you feel funny but tend to be pretty effective . good idea to have a bit of chicken , wont do you any harm but may make you feel a little better as codeine is pretty strong

i have been taking the strongest dose of co codamol every day for 17 years now.
i often think they no longer help with the pain whatsoever.... until i try and go without then i realise just how much they help me.
They dont make me drowsy though, cant remember if they did originally but its been so long im very very used to them now.

keighley, which strength have they put u on?. is it 8/500 or 30/500? perhaps if on the higher dose u could ask for a prescription of the lower dose ( actually u can buy them at the pharmacy for the lower dose which may be cheaper for u )

i can't take codeine. allergic to it. go all funny. have a sort out out of body experience and my face goes numb. feel really odd when i take it and am totally floating. my mum's allergic to it as was my grandad. so herditary i guess. i'll have to watch my kids.

have you protein meal and i'm sure that it'll make you feel better.

just jump back up here on the wagon with us :) I had a bad 5 days , gained 9lb , lost 5 of it after 24 hours back on plan ... I am sure you havent done any damage and sometimes we need to eat , sounds like a stressful time for you :hug99:

can i just warn you that co codimol may make you constipated , so it may be a good idea to plan ahead for that !!!:eek:

thanks determinator. i've had some really bad days lately and this week i gained 2.5lb. i'm hoping that i'll drop it for next week and then a little more. :( it just goes to show that we are all totally human. i have learned that food and wine doesn't work in solving my problems that made me eat to start with however, i still feel pants afterwards but i still do it occasionally. mind wine gives me a really really bad head lately. bluergh.

I am on 30/500. It knocked me for 6 yesterday, at several points at cleaning I had to lay on the floor and rest my head lol.

The drive home was fun to say the least. 10mph windows open and cold air blowing in my face I was frozen!!!

Can still feel the pain but my head feels like it's up in the clouds lol

co codamol always makes me sleeping, so i save it for when Im ill and cant sleep and it knocks me out! hope you feel better soon! x

Back