on a wing and a prayer

louisedan

Gold Member
until Friday my daughter had 2 love birds,2 budgies , a parotlet and a cockateil.they lived in two large cages in the living room and every night we opened the doors so they could come out.On Friday, one if the love birds died (Posh) so I put her partner(Pecks) in with the other birds as they can pine and refuse to eat .A few times I had found the cage door open and told off my dd for nor locking it. Well went to work today. Checked the cage was shut so I could leave a window open to keep them cool as it was hot.Arrived home to just see Pecks opening the cage door followed by all the birds (apart from the parotlet who came to greet me and the cockateil) who all escaped out of the window before I could get to it to shut it. It was like the great escape and would have been funny if I could have caught them but I dont think they will be able to make it in the wild.So now we are all upset . I've searched everywhere but they 've all disappeared.

Oh no, how upsetting for you all. You never know somebody might catch them for you.

I am so sorry Louise. Your DD must be devastated.

I have no words of wisdom for you only that I have known birds to gravitate back home after an escape. Love birds almost always return home and if Pecks does hopefully the rest will follow him.

hugs xxxx

Oh this is heartbreaking, I'm so sorry. :cry:perhaps they'll stick to the area and be spotted? I'm so sorry, pets are family, my heart goes out to you and yours. :(

Any job with your birdies? I hope they've come back, hugs XXX

Leave it out again tonight Louise you never know

xxxxx

Any sign of them Louise ??

nothing-problem is that although we're not right by the sea the River Taff is close by and we can get seagulls .There are a afamily of crows nearby too so as our birds are brightly coloured I think they are vgoing to be magneta for larger birds.Starting to loose hope now as noone has seen them.

That's really upsetting Louise. I hope they make it back. Hang in there,

ZXXXXXX

so sorry Louise..........

Oh Louise I am sorry to read this thread XXX

I hope they come back to you xx

Back