On-line bra measure

MrsJ708

Morning all, does anyone know of a reliable bra measurement guide available online? There has definitely been some shrinkage in that department, but I still have a stone to lose and plan to get properly measured at goal when I'll have a good splurge on some lovely sets but just want to get a couple of cheaper interim bras. Thank you, Anna x

Bravissimo - excellent, and if you can get into a store when you're at goal, they'll fit you properly too. Don't be surprised if your cup size has increased, they explained this to me in store as quite common with rapid weight loss as the shrinkage around your back is quite quick and dramatic, hence the difference between back size and boob measurement is greater = bigger cup size. I went from a 42DD to a 34FF :eek:

Lovely thanks noodles, my mum told me my boobs and bum were disappearing and there's definitely more room in my old bras! My poor husband won't be happy - he's been away since December and I was a 38E when he left! X

You'd be surprised the difference a better bra can make - I used to be a 38DD, got Bravissimo'd and I was a 36FF. When I was losing weight she said I could get away with a 34 in the back and probably would be getting a G cup.

I didn't like the Bravissimo guide, so I went to find something with some sort of measurement guideline...

Bra Size Guide - How to measure bra size. Guide to finding a great fitting bra

I don't know if it's a good guide, but ... my 42B feels wrong and apparently I should be 38DD ? I don't think I'll ever understand bra sizing, it's so wonky!

I'm not sure it's right since I have a very small cleavage with a very wide ribcage.
The only way to test it would be at the shop I guess!

-_-

Last edited:
There was lots of room in my 42/44B bras too so I went and got measured and turns out I'm a 38D now. Like noodles said, your back shrinks more than your actual books so you go up cup sizes. You might be surprised to find out what you are now!

The thing is I went from a 42B - and now a 38C (cup is fine) but strap is slightly too tight (thank god for bra extenders!)...

Even when I was a size 8 - I could never wear anything below a 36A. :confused: My conclusion = really wide rib cage which sucks!

Still, I never knew about the inches 'below' to 'over' bust ratio for determining cup size... I shall have to try a 38DD and see what it's like, though I'm not expecting anything good... :rolleyes:

I think you've got the wrong size bra then Minerva, try a 40B. Should fit you better, that's essentially what you're making it with the extended anyway.

Myeep, I know Caz :)
I was looking for a 40B, but I have never had any luck shopping for bras online and shops never have the right size! So a 38C + extender works just fine :D With the added bonus of not having to buy a new bra as I lose weight ;) Hee hee. Double win!

That's true, hopefully that's what size you are next! I find a 38C fits perfectly around the back, a C cup is a little small but a D cup is a little big. Awkward!

Been meaning to try Bravissimo, what size do they go up to, Im a size 22 top and thought I might be too big to get anything to fit me there

Have a look in their online store, they stock brands like panache and freya, I think they may do beyond 40 :)

Back