On my third day

wirralmum

I was meant to be starting last week but life got in the way (i.e. family parties x 2!) and so have started this week instead.

I am finding I am fine throughout the day, but get hungry in the evenings. Eating in the evening has always been my problem and the reason I'm overweight in the first place. So I am just grinning and bearing it and hoping ketosis kicks in soon and the hunger pangs will pass. I am doing the 4 packs a day, so I save my bar for an evening treat, which is helping!

I like it so far. It's so easy to follow - it takes away all the hassle of calorie counting and the reading of packets and deciding what to cook etc etc. I just open a packet and I'm ready to go.

Like most people, I enjoy some of the packs more than others - for example I prefer the original chilli, and I MUCH prefer the original porridge (it's sweeter). But on the whole, they are more edible than I would have thought (I always assumed meal replacement diet food would be rank). I like the fact that I can have a 'proper' evening meal with veggies. I know for a fact I couldn't live on just the shakes - apart from anything else, they don't fill me up like the other meals.

No headaches yet, but I have been drinking loads of water so maybe that's helping.

What I especially like about this diet is that it prevents me from picking. I hadn't realised how much I picked until I started this diet and suddenly I've got to think before I eat absolutely anything. Before, whilst calorie counting, I'd be having a biscuit here and there and thinking the extra few calories wouldn't matter, or I would eat the kids' leftovers. No more of that - their leftovers go straight in the bin, and I know I can't even have half a biscuit as it defeats the object of the diet, i.e. trying to get into/stay in ketosis.

So, as I say, I'm liking it so far - here's hoping I can stick to it :eek:

Oh, and I weighed in this morning and am already 4lbs lighter!

Well done! Hang in there and just concentrate on a day at a time and it's easier to get through.

Looking forward to your first weigh in?

Evenings have always been my hungry time, so to help me stay on track, I start on my packs quite late in the day.
Keep going, come on here for support and all the best x

It gets easier and the weight loss is good incentive

Aw thanks everyone for your support, it means a lot.

Just about to have my choc truffa bar, yum yum! :D

Do you have much to lose? I can't see the weights as on my phone

It's a fab diet :) I pick all the time usually and it's great that the option to do that is taken away - ketosis helps too obv! I save my bar to the evening too, have slowly taught myself to either cut it up or eat it slowly... Otherwise I wolf it down! Lol! Best of luck :)

Are you drinking enough water sue?

Sue Whittle said:
I have a 2 litre jug of water and 3 mugs of tea a day with the skimmed milk allowance x

Hi Sue! I would start upping your water intake to 3lt a day as tea doesn't usually count towards fluid intake and can be dehydrating.

2lt water is recommended for people who aren't on a diet, 3-4lt is best for people following a VLCD as the extra water is required for the fat burning process.

Hope that gets the weight going! :D

2.4 litres is the recommended amount of water on a vlcd, its not advisable to drink over 4 litres per day and or all in a short space of time

Yeah, 2-3ltr is the official S&S guideline for this particular VLCD. Although on the forms they sent me they actually recommend "at least 3 litres of water a day"

I know that the peeps who drink more water lose more weight. Could be coincidence? but I know that loads of water is needed for the fat burning process that we are all (hopefully) going through on this diet.

So sip away! :) Try little cups more often as this used to help me until I got used to drinking this volume of water.

I bought myself a lovely new 500ml thermos drinks bottle with a built in straw and I drink at least 6 of those a day. It seems a lot, but I now get thirsty if I dont have it.

I have 1 before I leave for work. 2 in the morning in work, 2 in the afternoon, 1 or 2 in the evening then I take 1 to bed (I sip some while watching tv in bed, then usually wake in the night thirsty or finish it when I wake).

Ive been on S&S for two weeks, I dont have that much to lose but I have already dropped a whole clothes size (dont know how many pounds yet as I am only weighing once a month).

Good Luck with your water!! :)

Well reading your words above was like reading about myself. I am on day 5 and agree with all you've written. Except that I haven't lost anything yet. Stuck to diet 100% I've got 8 stone to loose so I hope it starts going soon lol

Aw, Sue, what a bummer! Are you in ketosis yet do you think? I'm still getting hunger pangs and still no nasty breath, so don't think I am yet - I went to Boots today for some ketostix but they didn't have them, so I've just ordered some from Amazon.

Do you have much to lose? I can't see the weights as on my phone

Hi Lots2lose

I am 5'9" same as you, but I am heavier - currently 238lb. I'd like to get down to 160lb which is about 11 1/2 stone (but to be honest even 14 stone would be great!)

wirralmum said:
Hi Lots2lose

I am 5'9" same as you, but I am heavier - currently 238lb. I'd like to get down to 160lb which is about 11 1/2 stone (but to be honest even 14 stone would be great!)

Awww you will do it just chip away at it my heaviest I've been 256.

I'm aiming for around 10.4

Awww you will do it just chip away at it my heaviest I've been 256.

I'm aiming for around 10.4

We're very similar then, my heaviest was 248.

Your losses have been brilliant! Really inspiring, well done.

10.4 - wow, I would love that! Something to aim for :)

Anything is possible on this diet. As long as you stick to the diet the rewards will be on the scales.

I find some days are harder than others just gotta to be really stubborn.

:)

Back