One day at a time.. My Cambridge Diet Diary

incognito

Hello..

Firstly I will introduce myself:

My name is Sheralee and I am from Scotland. I am a 29 year old mother of two boys aged 8 years and 4 months and I am on maternity leave at the moment.

My current weight is 14st12lbs and with a height of 5'7 that means my BMI is currently 32.5 :(

Target: 11st7lbs ( However a perfect size 12 would b ideal! )

Sorry for the boring details lol it helps me to have them written down.

Met with my CDC today and really liked him so that is a good start and half the battle!

Bought my 21 shakes ( I adore the Choc Mint ) and will be starting tomoz morning.. Have ordered some Chromium so hopefully that arrives tomoz as well.

The new iPad/iPhone app is great btw and should really help me when craving to keep busy.. They didn't have that last time I did the diet.

So looking forward to just working this diet a day at a time rather than scaring myself with the prospect of no food for weeks/months and hopefully get into the swing easy enough x

Hi sheralee :)

Im laura, also from scotland, from glasgow :)
Good luck starting your camb journey, im on day 2 so im not far ahead of you.
I have about 2 n half stone to loose and would love to lose it before holiday in aug
Hope you get on okay with your 1st few days and dont feel to hungry :)
I agree with choc and mint shake, i love it, also love the choc and orange one!!!
L x

I got a cheeky wee choc orange to try :)

I am in Greenock x

Oh that's good not to far apart so hopefully we both stick to it and do well xx

the choc and orange one is my fav, i tend to have two fruity ones during the day for breakfast and lunch n then have a chocolate based one fat night for my "treat"
when is your weigh in day? Is today your first day on CD?
L x

Today is day one.. I have had one shake and one pint water so far.

My weigh in day will be a Thurs Evening so will b 6 days this week but that hopefully won't make too much diff as that first big loss is a great motivator.

How are u getting on?

Im feeling quite deflated today :( felt real hunger pangs earlier on but just keep thinking how much i want to lose weight and to stick in. Going yo e surrounded by food tonight so its my first big temptation. Fingers crossed lol

Aw no.. It will be hard but worth it. Then u can think next night out you will b stunning in a lil black dress with the figure of your dreams :) x

Good luck my dear - i'm also in Scotland - in Aberdeenshire :) Also not too far away! I'm on day 14 today got about 6/7 stone to lose! :( but determined to do it! Again good luck!! xx

Day 14 seems so far away!

Today was ok.. Had to go shopping in Tescos.. Survived tho ha x

Hi, welcome and good luck!! You seem like your in a fab frame of mind for this and im sure the days will fly by as the have for me. Im on day 8 so have my first weigh in tonight :) Sarah x

how are you getting on with it?
i got weighed yday and lost 4lbs, was only on it for 4 days so am well happy with that :)
x

Hey :) Day 4 and I feel good! Had half tin of tuna last night however not dis heartened as I stopped once satisfied and went for a good option rather than the toast and cheese followed by an Easter egg that I did consider haha!

I have not weighed myself yet trying to hold off till official weigh in x

That's great Lu :)

haha good for you for not demolishing the entire fridge hahaha
the tuna wont be too bad for you as its mostly protein anyway,
my CDC told me that having a wee bit of salad here n there or a wee slice of cold meat or 2 if you are really desperate for something to eat wont have that big of an affect on ketosis so dont worry about it

when is your weigh in?

Hi everyone!

Just hoping I can join in here - It's my first time on the Cambridge Diet and I am on day 3.. and I have to admit it is A LOT harder than I expected.. First weigh in is on Saturday so that is keeping me motivated for now.

I'm 21, and currently weigh 15.5 stone, my consultant said I should be ideally around 10.2 stone. Long journey ahead!! Need someone who can feel my pain! All my friends are being very supportive as well, but it is very tough to resist temptation.

Really enjoyed the strawberry shake, chili soup and veg soup so far.. Tried the Mint Choc shake and hated it! Also the ready made chocolate shakes are just not for me.. they taste metal-ey if that makes any sense.
Anyone got any suggestions of what else I could try?

P.S - nice to see there are other Scot's here too! I'm from Aberdeen but living in Dubai (was sooo glad when I found out there is a Cambridge Diet consultant over here too!)

Wishing everyone luck with their weight loss journeys x

hi megan :)
dont worry it gets easier after day 3, trust me :) your body will soon be in ketosis and then you wont feel anywhere near as hungry and will be in fat burning mode

thats good you have a lot of support, im lucky that way also as i have a lot of support as well from family and work people, it does make it that bit easier

good luck for saturday x

I was in a right state last night.. Tears the lot.. Felt like chucking it..

I didn't tho and feel good today (Day 5)

Going out a walk with my baby and other son as sun is shining for a change xx

Hope you are all doing good x

awww noo, why where you in tears?
are you feeling better today? just take it one day at a time x

Just felt emotional.. Was starving hungry and feeling sorry for myself!

Felt amazing today tho :)

Honestly if I don't get a decent loss Tomoz at my 1st weigh in..

I will cry!!!

Back