One in the eye.....

Deb G

Silver Member
Thought I'd share this for those of you who (like a lot of us) have endured unhelpful comments at work/home/socially:

I have a boss at work (female, short, at LEAST a size 20 but squeezes into size 16/18 - which looks worse!) who has done nothing but have a go at me about my 'stupid dangerous' diet since she found out about it (I didn't tell her till 2 months in because I knew what she'd be like.

She can't bear the sight of me losing weight and hearing lovely comments because she can't come to terms with her own weight problem, but if you ask her, she'll tell you she's perfectly happy with it.

Anyway - I was in her office the other day in my size 10 skirt (colourful and a bit flary on the hips - would NEVER have worn it when I was larger) and she said to me "You know that skirt makes your hips look fat, don't you?". Luckily, despite my shock, I said "I don't mind my hips looking fat in a size 10 skirt," did what I needed to do and left.

The conversation was overheard and the staff who heard it came and spoke to me afterwards saying how horrified they were. They said (as I already knew) that its HER issues with HER weight that are causing that reaction.

Anyway - today we were all stood together, and I was wearing my new size 10 dress with a really cinched in waist belt (I had to make extra holes because it is too big) and the staff member said to my boss "Wow - look at Debbie's tiny little waist in that dress. Ooh, I'd love to be able to wear something that lovely. She's done SO well, don't you think?"

My boss went "hmmm" and shuffled away. Those left had a good giggle.

Lol....she is probably dying to ask about the diet after seeing your success but now feels like she cant .......!
Keep your head held high as you have done well and deserve to feel fab.

Yeah Dancing. I've offered to show her my mags and the info, but she isn't interested. She says she's shocked that I couldn't just accept my weight and be happy. However, I caught her low-carbing the other day, and she admitted that she was trying to lose her Xmas pounds, but I think its more than that.

:D Well done, first for losing the weight and secondly for ignoring your jealous Boss, as the old saying goes "If you`ve got it, Flaunt it" all my mates just said i looked ill when i lost my weight, maybe it`s a bloke thing :D

I bet she cringed. Well done you.

LOL firstly what a great weight loss and secondly well done you for acting so well with her, you said what needed saying ---- hopefully she'll leave you alone now, it's only jealousy but it's not nice for you or for her.

"You know that skirt makes your hips look fat, don't you?". Luckily, despite my shock, I said "I don't mind my hips looking fat in a size 10 skirt," did what I needed to do and left.

:clap: absolutely brilliant! Top marks for not "sinking to her level"
xxxx

Back