One last go at this alone

MrsL23

So I have been trying on and off for a year to shift what was a stone but has now become 2! This week I am going all or nothing, if I manage to stick to it 100% then I will keep at it without the classes. If I don't manage it I will be taking my sorry ass back to a class with my tail firmly between my legs :( I know I can do it just need to be determined and have some will power. So this is my plan for today, starting off with a green day.
Breakfast 2 slices brown bread from 400g loaf (HEb) with Philadelphia light (HEa) and banana
lunch mug shot with grapes and a Greek muller light lemon-free I think??? And an apple
tea mashed potato with cheese (HEa) and pork chop (HEb) with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Satsuma for snack later. Fingers crossed I will stick to it

if get weak in the evening will use some syns for some maltesers, will need to check out the syn value and count them out tho!

Little bit of a variation from the plan but staying on track. Found some cooked cooled pasta left over from last nights tea so had that with egg, tomato, and cucumber with 1 tbsp EL mayo (1 syn) and had some grapes for pudding. For tea having the pork and mash but adding carrots to the mash and having with beans. Muller Greek yogurt for pud for 1/2 syn.

Well yesterday went well, had a few syns whilst watching tv total of 9 for the day which I am happy with. Today is another green day. We don't get paid til Friday so it's a case of trying to use up food!
B- all bran with milk HE- a&b with banana and coffee
snacks grapes, satsuma, apple
L- mug shot, philidelphia light cheese spread(2 syns) on brown bread HEa apple and grapes
T- pasta and sauce with mixed veg, sw chips and cheese to make it tasty! Fingers crossed it's a good day.

Well all meals done and plans stuck to. Have some maltesers if I feel a desperate need to snack but trying not to as have been invited to a girls night in on Friday. Feeling good and positive just need to stay focused and not go off plan. Weigh day tomorrow :/ not expecting a loss as only really stuck to plan 3 ou of 7 days so will take whatever scales show and be determined to have a loss next week. Roll on the morning to see where I am working from.

So had 4 maltesers last night so syned them at 1 syn each so had a total of 6 syns yesterday. Weighed myself today, down to 182 & 1/2 lbs which is a loss of 1 & 1/2 which is great. Onwards and upwards. Today I am having
B-2 Alice's nimble bread and Philadelphia light (HE a&b) coffee and banana
L-mug shot and Philadelphia light sandwich (HE a&b) satsuma and apple
T- mash with Linda McCartney sausages with mixed veg and oxo gravy

Thanks :) I keep reminding myself that if I slip I will have to go back and I really want to do it on my own, to prove to myself I can. Think I will save up the £5 each week and treat myself for some shoes to go with a couple of lovely dresses I am aiming to fit into :) I keep thinking about them when the chocolates in the snack box at work are being offered around ;)

Ended up having a Yorkshire pud with my tea (5 1/2 syns) and hubby put butter in the mash which I am estimating at 2 1/2 syns so 8 in all. Will make sure I just have fruit now :) still happy I am sticking to it and not giving into temptation

Well been off the site for a couple of days, just snowed under with work and family! Been following the plan and using my syns but not the full whack, averaging between 5-10 a day. Feel the benefit already of eating more healthily. Yesterday was a struggle, got quite stressed but managed to avoid falling back into bad habits which I am really pleased with. Keeping my food diary on paper too so haven't forsaken it altogether :)

Got to admit tho my portion sizes have been very generous, hoping this won't slow things down too much. Have had green days every day and tried to incorporate veg into each meal but them have cooked big portions anyway! Will try to adjust that the rest of the week. Also been walking every day and played my first game of hockey for over 4 months so feeling really good and positive :)

Well Saturday started well but had some wine with the hubby, then moved onto the spirits, and then ate my weight in toast :( not proud of myself but what's done is done. Having an ee day today, had a much needed bacon sandwich this morning on brown bread with 2 syns for ketchup. Having slow cooked beef for dinner with sw roasties and veg. May well go over on syns today but trying not to. Fingers crossed I can get back on track

Ok Monday has been good so far, green day
breakfast was 2 slices of nimble whole meal loaf (heb) with banana and a coffee
lunch was pasta salad with 80g Philadelphia light with chilli (HEb) and snacked on grapes and satsuma
tea was Linda McCartney red onion sausages (free on green) with carrot and potato mash with cheese (HEa) and beans with salad. Had a 25g slice of Swiss roll for dessert which according to my book is 4.5 syns
Going to do some exercises tonight and try to work off a few sneaky calories before tomorrow's weigh in :)

Last edited:
Weigh day and I stayed the same :( pretty gutted but if I am honest I lost the plot on Friday and didn't get back on track til Monday so three days off plan was never going to be good. Let's hope I can learn my lesson and stay on plan 100% cos if I don't I will not reach my target.
So back to the diary today is another green day for me
breakfast 2 slices of nimble bread (heb) with light Philadelphia with chillies (2 syns)
snack of banana
lunch is a mug shot with a satsuma and an apple, and a cheese sandwich (he a&b)
tea is pasta and sauce with salad and chips and a muller Greek for dessert (1/2 syn)

Just thought I'd say hello as read your first entry and I'm doing same but in reverse. Giving group a go as lost the flow doing it on my own. Don't think group is helping at all tho so going back to doing it by myself.

Stick at it - even tho it was only one night of drinks and toast (LOVE toast!) it's enough to make a difference sadly. Good luck! X

Thanks ladies, I think I was lucky really could have been worse! Sticking to it this week should be easier as thehubby is at work this weekend and that is my biggest down fall. Did anyone watch the dispatches on ww last night? Really makes you think before going to class! This forum is a real support and motivation for me hope it is the same for you all too x x

Well have well and truly screwed this week up. Starting again tomorrow and see how I get on. OH doesn't eat fruit or veg so when he is home I have to make 2 separate meals and that is when I get stressed think f@ck it and just eat what I make for him and our daughter! Going to try an cook on the days he is at work and freeze food to just hear up the days he is home. It is so hard isn't it?! I am purely wanting to for into my 16 clothes and be healthier! It shoul not be this difficult!

You will get there. Good plan to cook and freeze. Don't beat yourself up too much, we all have blips. It is easier when you do not have to cook for someone else. I know next week will be better for you.

Back