One meal per DD anyone?

Twinrix

Since a 2 months ago a friend of mine told me that the JUDDD method is more effective if you let it pass 16 hours between the dinner you had the evening before a DD and the DD mean. Then it should also be a 16 hours delay until your breakfast the next UD. This is due to that your body need time to empty your glycogen levels in your muscles and start burning fat, so I run a 1 meal on DD.
Yesterday I had an omelette on 3 eggs, 3 mushrooms, ½onion and 3 slices of salami. It added up to 520 cal. I don't make up standard recipes, I calculate at every meal weighing every ingredient knowing the cal/gr.
How do you do it??

Well my first DD on Monday I didn't have anything until the evening and it was pretty challenging I tell you, so yesterday on my second DD I spread it over the day a bit and it was much easier. But Im just starting so I'll have plenty of time to experiment and find which way is best for me and/or most effective :)

Im looking forwards to hearing everybody elses comments though.

I love that you are trying. One meal a day works fine for me and I also look forward to here what everybody else thinks about it.

I had a question about this so I am glad this discussion is happening! I am new to JUDDD or ADF as I have just started on March 6th. I also eat a keto diet. I currently eat my DD meal at night when I cook for my SO. So, I guess it is basically AD + IF? I also, plan to lose ~2 lbs per week so in order to do this my DD is 500 and my UD is 1000. I feel like that is too low. Before starting I was eating about ~1200 calories. So, I figured I am basically eating 1500 calories in the same 24 hour period. Are there any issues with this?

Are there any issues with this?

Yes, in my opinion I think you eat too little. The risk is that you will gain weight as your body will go in to starvation phase instead.
Eat regular food and try to cut done on fast carbs = sugar. But, that's my opinion.

A new thought.

What do you think about 2,3:4,5 diet?
It work like this. Fasting Monday, Wednesday and half Friday, you get the dinner meal that day.

I read that to go into starvation you need to fast for 60 hours. VLCDs are based on around 440 cals each day and you don't starve then. I'm guessing 1000 cals on ups then 500 on downs will yield you a good weight loss. What you may be low on is vitamins and nutrients.

I read that to go into starvation you need to fast for 60 hours. VLCDs are based on around 440 cals each day and you don't starve then. I'm guessing 1000 cals on ups then 500 on downs will yield you a good weight loss. What you may be low on is vitamins and nutrients.

I take a multi vitamin, magnesium, and potassium supplements. I recently got a cold so my ADF schedule has been at a stand still until I feel better. I actually experimented with upping my UD calories but that only happened for a day before I came down with the cold.

Yes, in my opinion I think you eat too little. The risk is that you will gain weight as your body will go in to starvation phase instead. Eat regular food and try to cut done on fast carbs = sugar. But, that's my opinion.

Thanks for the concern, however, you obviously didn't read my entire post. I don't eat any fast carbs because I follow a ketogenic diet.

I had a question about this so I am glad this discussion is happening! I am new to JUDDD or ADF as I have just started on March 6th. I also eat a keto diet. I currently eat my DD meal at night when I cook for my SO. So, I guess it is basically AD + IF? I also, plan to lose ~2 lbs per week so in order to do this my DD is 500 and my UD is 1000. I feel like that is too low. Before starting I was eating about ~1200 calories. So, I figured I am basically eating 1500 calories in the same 24 hour period. Are there any issues with this?

Why is your UD soo low? If you follow a ketogenic diet I would definitely up your calories.your body will be burning fat regardless of if you're eating 1000 calories or 2000 calories xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Why is your UD soo low? If you follow a ketogenic diet I would definitely up your calories.your body will be burning fat regardless of if you're eating 1000 calories or 2000 calories xx Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I still need to calorie count on keto or I won't lose weight. I have upped my calories on UD. However, I have had a cold and have stopped JUDDD until I feel better.

I still need to calorie count on keto or I won't lose weight. I have upped my calories on UD. However, I have had a cold and have stopped JUDDD until I feel better.

You dont need to count calories on atkins and thats a ketogenic diet? Hope you feel better soon xx

Is ketogenic diet the same as LCHF?

LCHF is a ketogenic diet yes. You go into ketosis on vlcd's too. Such as cambridge diet. I always find its easier to stay in ketosis on atkins though. As theres no limit as to what protein you can eat.so I find I don't get the coldness and sleepless nights xx

Back