One step at a time

Daisy72

I have a special holiday in July and I don't want to be sitting there on holiday ashamed of my size. Today is my first step of actually acknowledging how big I have got and now facing up to the fact I need to do something about it. Diet and exercise is a must, using my gym membership is vital as well as becoming more active in every part of my life. I have scared myself with this size and now I need to do something about it. My husband is a lovely man who doesn't seem to care what size I am but I need to do this for his holiday too!
I have faced the scales and I am 217lbs, not that I am shocked given the time of year but it was enough to make me take notice. I will never be a skinny minny but I want to be healthy and able to walk up a flight of stairs without losing breath.
From tomorrow I will be tracking my food and exercise, I used ki fit before and it sort of works but needs a lot of work from me but I guessed that losing weight will have to involve my input and that's not easy. I will be back in the gym and also using a fitness game on xbox for the days not at gym, I am putting my faith in all this.

Last edited:
Hi daisy where are u off too nice. ? Having a holiday to look forward too will work a treat.
I'm off to the carbbiean in march so need to get thinking about bikinis soon lol x

Good luck

*Shanny* said:
Hi daisy where are u off too nice. ? Having a holiday to look forward too will work a treat.
I'm off to the carbbiean in march so need to get thinking about bikinis soon lol x

Good luck

Have a cruise booked, something my husband has always wanted to do and I know that I would spoil it if I am "funny" about my size. Where are you going? Sounds like a great time of year to go as it will be still chilly here.

Ok so I have to do something I said to my husband this morning. I read the magazines that came with the Sunday papers and decided on joining slimming world. I asked hubby's opinion and he was happy to go ahead, to be honest I think he wants me to lose the weight so I am not complaining about it. So slimming world diet starts tomorrow, today will be spent reading up about it and sorting meals for the week. It's make or break now!

Hi Daisy, Good luck with SW, Sounds like your determined to lose the weight Im sure you will, I look forward to reading how you get along, I dont have a holiday booked yet.. as never wanted to go being the weight I am but hopefully that will change in 2011. x

Katierose said:
Hi Daisy, Good luck with SW, Sounds like your determined to lose the weight Im sure you will, I look forward to reading how you get along, I dont have a holiday booked yet.. as never wanted to go being the weight I am but hopefully that will change in 2011. x

I just have to do it, I feel like I have my life on hold due to my size and although I have a great hubby I don't want to hold him back on his dream holiday. It's surprising how much weight issues hold us back ie not going on holiday, not going out, etc as a result I think it's time to take back control, so I guess I am determined this time. Good luck with your quest it's nice to be able to support on here and also be supported.

I absolutely agree Daisy and this will be our year, I ve wasted so many years putting off things due to my weight and how I really feel about it.. I kidded myself that I was happy.. Never was Never will be so this year I am doing something about it.. So I look forward to us supporting each other x

Back