One SW day at a time

Monday. Small lottery win of a £5.00 - not enough to give up work though! :raincloud:

My naughty weekend is over, and I really have been naughty. I went over my syns again yesterday, but I think I was pretty good considering I wanted to eat chocolate and cheese and biscuits and butter and bread and cake! I resisted most of those things but I definitely should have been better! Never mind. I might have a fish heavy week to make up for it!

I managed to get my hands on some BFree wraps yesterday! Hoorah! I actually did a little dance in the aisle haha :stickdance:.

Yesterday - Green Day

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B) with a freshly laid poached egg!

beans.jpg

Lunch - Red lentil stew with squash, yoghurt dressing, WW tortilla wrap (5). Jelly with mandarin segments (1)

lentil.jpg

Dinner - Pizza! With BFree wrap (B), RF cheddar (A), RF Mozzarella (A), peppers, jalapeno, pepperoni (1.5). Cajun spiced celeriac chips (2 for oil)

pizza.jpg

Snacks - Alpen lemon drizzle (3), Fish and chip crisps (6), Coffees (2)

:sigh:

I enjoyed it all though!

Total syns - 20.5

On the agenda for today - Fiddling about with my food plan to try and get it a bit leaner, a bit more superspeedy to try and wrangle myself a STS rather than a gain. I guess I should get some work done as well! ;)

Last edited:
Tuesday. Worst of all the days.

Yesterday was a pretty average day really, nothing particularly interesting happened! Went to work, came home and did some lovely cooking, went to bed! I did have a very yummy day though.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs from my present from the bus driver. Coffee with almond milk (half A).
I snapped a pic as the yolk was so lovely and yellow.

eggs.jpg

Lunch - 5 x scan bran (B) with cottage cheese, tomatoes and cucumber.

scan bran.jpg

Dinner - Moroccan fish parcels with cous cous (0.5), roasted delicata squash (2 for oil), and yoghurt dressing. It was yum but I made far too much cous cous, so I think I'll be eating it forever!

fish.jpg

Pudding - Figs with 40g ricotta (Half A), 2 x pecan halves (1), 2 tsp agave nectar (1). :drool:

figs.jpg

Snacks - Apple, banana

Total syns - 4.5

On the agenda for today - pretty much the same as yesterday! Only with probably a billion trips to the loo - scan bran AND figs? What was I thinking? :eek:

Last edited:
Hey there hun! Just catching up on all diaries! I have been only selfishly posting on my own!

Well done for the 3lbs on Friday what a great way to start off the weekend and that steak you had looked the dogs danglies – I am
stuffed from lunch but I still managed to salivate over that pic!

Moroccan Fish Parcels? Hello Sailor, come to me!!! You are a real chef aren't you!

Hey there hun! Just catching up on all diaries! I have been only selfishly posting on my own!

Well done for the 3lbs on Friday what a great way to start off the weekend and that steak you had looked the dogs danglies – I am
stuffed from lunch but I still managed to salivate over that pic!

Moroccan Fish Parcels? Hello Sailor, come to me!!! You are a real chef aren't you!

Thank you! The steak was alright but I've just ordered some skirt steak from Abel and Cole for next week - that shizzle is amazing. The Moroccan fish parcel was from a recipe card I picked up in Sainsbo - it was pretty good although River Cobbler is about as interesting tastewise as the name suggests. :rolleyes:

Wednesday - Hump day. *childish snigger*

I have woken up this morning in a ridiculously good mood. I wish I could bottle this feeling and the next time I want to fall off the healthy eating wagon I could take a sniff from the bottle and have my resolve strengthened. It's incredible how much more awake, energised and generally happy I feel when I'm eating properly, I don't know why I ever start eating crap again really. :confused:

I was one busy little bee yesterday, my boss has just come back from a charity cycling event in India and so he's trying to catch up, which means I'm getting a lovely big pile of work passed onto me - I don't mind really, the busier I am at work the quicker the day flies by.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Crunchy bran (B) with banana, blueberries and almond milk (A), coffee.

bran.jpg

Lunch - Leftover Moroccan fish parcel (0.5), salad.

cobblerts.jpg

Dinner - Salmon and vegetable stir fry with edamame beans and soba noodles (2 for coconut oil). YUM!
SF orange jelly with mandarin segments (1)

salmon.jpg

Snacks - Pomegranate and mango. Rhubarb Muller light.

mango.jpg

I also drank about 4 cups of green tea which is unusual for me, I usually only have a couple but I bought some new flavours - salted caramel, gingerbread and caramelised apple - and I can't get enough of them!

Total syns - 3.5

On the agenda for today - work, then home for a quick bowl of soup then out to the cinema. I don't usually eat in the cinema anyway so I'm not too worried about wanting to snack.

Last edited:
Cor, your salmon noodles look good. I love mango and I love pomegranate too! Dont you find the most delicious fruits are always the expensive ones?!

I love the way you are so happy and energised at the moment. I felt the same way yesterday - I think its the gym that does it for me. Its weird, because I hate going but once I have been I feel a surge of happiness afterwards. Staying on plan and healthy eating certainly helps me too. When I eat crap I feel crap. Its very true what they say - you are what you eat!

What do you do for a living? Do you work local in Kent? I commute to London and I do sometimes find it a hass to get home and cook from scratch, its not just the time spent cooking, its the clearing up afterwards and Mick and I love our evenings, watching TV shows and things... I try to cook at few times a week in the hope there will be leftovers! I see you are a coconut oil user too! I like it, but to be honest, I forgot I had it, I keep it in the cupboard, therefore it is out of my eye line when I am cooking! I tend to reach for my olive oil or canola oil spray! Much use it more, especially on my noodle meals! I am going to do salmon with noodles next time - steal!

When I was a commuter I made lots of use of my slow cooker and tried to make quick and easy stuff a few nights a week, soup's good as well - but you know all this anyway - it's just that wanting to slump feeling that comes after sitting on a stupid train for a stupid amount of time that was my problem!. That salmon thing I had last night took about 20 minutes to do and didn't leave too much mess. It was just a bag of stir fry veg bunged in a wok, salmon cooked in the oven in a paper parcel for 20 minutes (if you're careful you won't need to wash the baking tray!) and noodles cooked in a pan of hot water for 5 minutes! Herbs and spices chucked in and Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt!

I adore coconut oil and it's soooo good for you - I don't know why it's not a HEXB really (but I'm an inveterate tweaker anyway and I'm always fiddling about with different oils)

I am impressed with you and the gym thing though - I just cannot get motivated to go at the moment and I'm paying for my membership as well! :eek:. When I'm into it I LOVE it, it's just getting there. Ho hum!

Last edited:
Thursday - My favourite workday that isn't Friday ;)

Well, this week is just flying by! I'm off to Cornwall for a long weekend next week so yesterday I spent quite a lot of time planning for next week - AND the following week. Obsession alert!! Whether I'll stick to any of it is another matter but I'm going to try!

So today is my last day before WI. I'm feeling a bit nail-bitey about it really. I've been 100% for 5/7 and from a rough estimate of my synnage on Saturday I'm about 20 syns over for the week, but I did a Sneaky Peak on Wednesday and I'd GAINED 3.5lbs. :eek:. I'm thinking that if that stays there then I'll just have to suck it up, buttercup. I'd be really happy with a STS to be honest. It's so interesting reading my old diary - I was devastated at 1lb losses and distraught at STS - I just don't really feel that way this time around, definitely feeling more like...the weight loss is almost a side effect of the other benefits of eating healthily. I'm feeling SO well! :D

Onto the food!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Oat (B), vanilla and blueberry breakfast soup. HAHA! Yeah, adding a vanilla muller light to my porridge didn't work out so well. Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

breakfast soup.jpg

Lunch - Baked salmon and spicy couscous (0.5) with salad. God, will this couscous never end?

salmon cous.jpg

Dinner - Spicy sweet potato and sweetcorn soup (0.5). Warm cherries with greek yoghurt and golden syrup (2.5)

soup.jpg

Snacks - SF Jelly with mandarin segments (1), Mango, pomegranate and blueberries.

jelly.jpg

Total syns - 4.5

Last edited:
I just don't really feel that way this time around, definitely feeling more like...the weight loss is almost a side effect of the other benefits of eating healthily. I'm feeling SO well! :D

That's exactly how I'm feeling - thank you for summing it up so excellently!

Breakfast - Oat (B), vanilla and blueberry breakfast soup. HAHA! Yeah, adding a vanilla muller light to my porridge didn't work out so well. Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

View attachment 128941

My computer screen now has a fine mist of tea running down it :splutters: :8855:Breakfast soup!

Mind you, the rest of your food looks amazing!

Hello, hello! The breakfast soup was a bit stupid! I had it in my head that I should make the porridge a bit more watery than usual as I thought the yoghurt would thicken it up? Er...no. It tasted alright though and it could become the Next Big Thing! You should get in on the ground floor of this new enterprise ;)

Although looking at your stats you're doing amazingly well! Congratulations to you. Do you have a diary I can come and visit?

Hello, hello! The breakfast soup was a bit stupid! I had it in my head that I should make the porridge a bit more watery than usual as I thought the yoghurt would thicken it up? Er...no. It tasted alright though and it could become the Next Big Thing! You should get in on the ground floor of this new enterprise ;)

Although looking at your stats you're doing amazingly well! Congratulations to you. Do you have a diary I can come and visit?

I certainly do - it's here. I'd welcome you dropping in :)

Friday - Whoop! Whoop!

WI day - 2.5lbs....ON! :eek:. Well now, I know that I went crazy bonkers on cocktails last Saturday but 2.5lbs worth? Je ne FINK so. So either my scales were being a bit silly when they gave me that 3lb loss last week or...and I think this is more likely..the very hungry day yesterday combined with not eating my evening meal until 9.30 mean I have grown a food baby! I would weigh again tomorrow but I'm out tonight probably growing twin food babies, so my only option is to...Suck It Up, buttercup! :D. I feel OK, I really do - last year I would have been past myself but this time? *shrug* It'll come off.

Gorgeous day weatherwise yesterday, it was a crying shame to be stuck in stupid work. I was super hungry all day, just couldn't seem to get satisfied but I stuck to free and superfree snacks and even though I went and wandered around the poundshop I didn't cave at the sweetie wall! After work I went to the school with DS2 for his options open evening, I met my friend and we walked there together. On the way home I popped into the pub and had a bottle of water. I KNOW!!. By the time I got home it was quarter to nine and I had to start making dinner...so I didn't sit down to eat until half nine. Not great, but I only had a piece of chicken and all the rest of my plate was superfree.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs. Strawberries and nectarine. Coffee with almond milk (A)

strawbs.jpg

Lunch - Spicy sweet potato and sweetcorn soup (0.5), ham sandwich (B) with 1 x LC light (Half A) and celery.

sarnie.jpg

Dinner - Cajun chicken, smoked paprika celeriac chips (2), roasted squash, small salad.

Chick.jpg

Snacks - Er, the rest of the packet of ham (there were 10 thin slices in there!) wrapped around celery sticks, banana, pomegranate.

Total syns - 2.5

Last edited:
Afternoon hun. Hope you're having a nice Saturday. That gain seemed a bit unfair just for a few cocktails! But Like you say eating a meal late at night = food baby so I'm sure it will be gone next week x Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you petal! I. Trying desperately hard not to eat the entire world today!!

Saturday! I love, love, LOVE the weekend!

Hangover this morning! I'm back at home and trying not to empty the food cupboards directly into my stomach. Arrrrgh!!!!

I'm going green today, forgetting yesterday's naughtiness syn wise and I'm going to have the full 15 today. Screw it! :D

So onto yesterday - ate lots of yummy food.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - bacon, cheese (A) and mushroom omelette with HP sauce (1)

image-4045182618.jpg

Lunch - Cajun chicken and roasted squash salad

image-2896460002.jpg

Dinner:

salmon tikka to start - two pieces of salmon and a little side salad. Yum!

Main - chicken saag - about two spoonfuls, plain boiled rice again a couple of spoonfuls, cauliflower bhaji thing. No bread.

Black decaf coffee with amaretto for pudding.

Shared a bottle of prosecco, then a bottle of rose. Had two amarettos. I think I'm looking at a horrible amount of booze Syns. Don't care! Naughty Sally!

On the agenda for today - general lovely weekend pottering, film watching. Spending time with mummy, then DS2 is having a buddy over to stay the night.

Must stay on plan...so so hungry though!

Last edited:
Back