One SW day at a time

Sunday - bliss!

Argh just wrote out a whole entry and lost it. Grrrrrrrrr!

Yesterday was pretty good, lazy and I ate some chocolate but only went over my Syns by 1.5 so I'm happy with that.

Yesterday - Green Day

Breakfast - French toast (B + 2 for butter), strawberries, Greek yoghurt, agave syrup (1.5)

image-2883602957.jpg

Lunch - Cheesy (A) chips (2 for oil). Franks hot sauce.

image-1379318390.jpg

Dinner - Courgette, pepper and mushroom omelette, peri peri celeriac chips, fried plantain (B for oil)

image-4179990752.jpg

Snacks - 2 x Cadbury fudge (11)

Total Syns - 16.5

Last edited:
Monday - THE HORROR!

Well, I'm not too sure what happened to me yesterday but I completely and utterly fell off the wagon - in fact not only did I fall off the wagon but I was dragged behind it until about 3am. Lordy, this diary is making me sound like a total drunk. :party0036:

SIGH!

So not much to report as far as food is concerned. It looks like this:

Yesterday - Wine Day

Breakfast - Figs and nectarine with ricotta (A) and agave syrup (0.5)

Figs.jpg

Lunch - Red wine

Dinner - Red Wine and a pretzel

Snacks - Red wine

Total syns - Red wine.

On the agenda for today - Get through the day without being sick in my waste paper bin. That's pretty much it.

On the agenda for today - Get through the day without being sick in my waste paper bin. That's pretty much it.

I'm really sorry but that did make me chuckle a bit!

Water. As much as you can manage. Lucozade always helped me in that condition too. If you feel bad enough to need it, you can probably "afford" the syns! Then tea. I hope you start to feel better soon x

:D

I'll be alright - I'm slathering on moisturiser like it's going out of fashion and slurping my way through a 2L bottle of water (Halfway through that already)

Seriously, Sunday drinking feels so fun, naughty and rebellious at the time - Monday mornings? Not so much!!

Tuesday - Rubbish!

So yesterday was just bloody awful! It's served a purpose though as it's just proved that I cannot drink red wine! I love it, but it just makes me super drunk and the hangovers are spectacular. Still feel a bit achy and dehydrated this morning and I've got that horrible feeling that a urinary infection is sitting waiting to get me. :cry:. I might have to syn some cranberry juice today as I can't be ill for Cornwall this weekend.

Had a delivery from Abel and Cole of my skirt steak, smoked tofu and golden beetroot. Lovely! So the plan is for steak tonight. :drool:. I'll have to syn it as it does have marbling but it's totally worth it - I love, love, love skirt steak so I am very excited.

Busy day workwise so let's get on with it.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, melon and ham, coffee with almond milk (Half A)

melon.jpg

Lunch - Chicken pasta n sauce (gross) with peri peri chicken and runner beans. I didn't even manage to eat half of it, but I was desperate for carby pasta stodge. Bleugh.

bleugh.jpg

Dinner - Chicken jalfrezi, rice and yoghurt.

curry.jpg

Snacks - 2 x alpen lights, just to get my HEB in there!

Total syns - None

On the agenda - Lots of work, beauty salon at lunch time, steak cooking and start pulling some clothes together for the weekend.

Monday - THE HORROR!

Well, I'm not too sure what happened to me yesterday but I completely and utterly fell off the wagon - in fact not only did I fall off the wagon but I was dragged behind it until about 3am. Lordy, this diary is making me sound like a total drunk. :party0036:

SIGH!

So not much to report as far as food is concerned. It looks like this:

Yesterday - Wine Day

Breakfast - Figs and nectarine with ricotta (A) and agave syrup (0.5)

View attachment 129526

Lunch - Red wine

Dinner - Red Wine and a pretzel

Snacks - Red wine

Total syns - Red wine.

PMSL sorry but I laughed A LOT at this ;) you're soooo funny lol xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Charming! Haha - all sef inflicted though so I expect no sympathy ;). Finally starting to feel almost normal this evening - phew!

Hi Sally :)

I'm just popping in to say hello, I read your diary from start to finish on Saturday and I have to say it really helped me smile on a somber afternoon so I'd like to say thanks for that!

I'm glad to see you're feeling better after your weekend shenanigans and even fit in a cheeky trip to the beauty salon! Love it.

Hi Sally :)

I'm just popping in to say hello, I read your diary from start to finish on Saturday and I have to say it really helped me smile on a somber afternoon so I'd like to say thanks for that!

I'm glad to see you're feeling better after your weekend shenanigans and even fit in a cheeky trip to the beauty salon! Love it.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading my burblings! The beauty salon was unfortunately for "routine maintenance" rather than anything pleasant :eek: Haha!. I hope you're OK now after your sad afternoon?

You're doing fantastically well according to your stats! :clap:

Wednesday - Two days left at work!

Feel pretty lousy today - this UTI has settled in so I'm off to the Dr this morning to get some antibiotics - GREAT! I can't decide whether to start taking them straight away or whether to see if it goes away on it's own and I'll have the meds as back up while I'm in Cornwall. It's just absolutely bloody typical, I literally haven't suffered from one in years - I think since before the boys were born, so years, and I get one THIS WEEK? :rant2:. Up at 4am this morning with it and I cannot imagine how I'm going to cope on a 6 hour car journey - argh!

So yesterday was filled with me feeling pretty rubbish, but I ate some nice food and had my beloved skirt steak for dinner.

Yesterday - Red Day

Breakfast - Porridge (B) with blueberries and banana, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Chicken jalfrezi with runner beans - weird combination but tasted OK!

curry.jpg

Dinner - Rare (VERY RARE, a bit too rare actually!) skirt steak (4), salt and pepper celeriac chips (2), cavolo nero, broccolli and garlic butter (TWEAK B) mushrooms, Mustard (0.5)

steak.jpg

Snacks - Red apple, no added sugar cranberry drink (FREEEEEEE! Thank goodness), nectarie and Greek yoghurt.

Total syns - 6.5

On the agenda today - Not weeing myself at my desk. *crosses legs*

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed reading my burblings! The beauty salon was unfortunately for "routine maintenance" rather than anything pleasant :eek: Haha!. I hope you're OK now after your sad afternoon?

You're doing fantastically well according to your stats! :clap:

Haha, still - even for routine maintenance I do all that myself! More than I should actually seeing as I'm not qualified. Not very glamorous...

Ah, I'm so-so, but I'm getting there which is all that matters! Thank you for asking :)

Awww, thanks! It's coming off slowly but surely. It's still pretty upsetting though when I think I'm still above most people's start weights and well into the obese BMI category! Never mind, not for much longer, eh?!

I'm so sorry to hear about your UTI, I absolutely hate them. What a week for it to arrive too, I hope it goes ultra fast for you. Not that this is perhaps the most important thing I could ask, but are you okay to drink on those antibiotics? I'm sure I always need really strong antibiotics when I have some big nights planned! Think my body tries to warn me not to do it ... I wish it'd pipe down though!

Awww, thanks! It's coming off slowly but surely. It's still pretty upsetting though when I think I'm still above most people's start weights and well into the obese BMI category! Never mind, not for much longer, eh?!

I'm so sorry to hear about your UTI, I absolutely hate them. What a week for it to arrive too, I hope it goes ultra fast for you. Not that this is perhaps the most important thing I could ask, but are you okay to drink on those antibiotics? I'm sure I always need really strong antibiotics when I have some big nights planned! Think my body tries to warn me not to do it ... I wish it'd pipe down though!

You're going in the right direction though and a slow loss is ultimately much better (IMO) for sustainability and to keep your skin able to keep up with the changes. You're doing so, so well.

As for the dreaded UTI - I decided after an eye watering morning to take the antibiotics and drinking at the weekend be damned! Seriously, that's how awful I felt - but I told the Dr that I was going away and he gave me some anti-B's that don't interact with alcohol. Which means I can have a couple of vodkas but can't go too mad - which is also a plus from a sticking vaguely to the plan point of view :D

Thursday - Last day of the working week for me! :cool:

Hobbled to the Dr and started the antibiotics straight away, felt completely rotten all day and was starting to wonder if I was going to have to cancel going away.
I didn't wake at 4am this morning, had a brilliant nights sleep and feel almost back to normal - aren't anti-b's a completely amazing, amazing thing? I think it's so easy to forget how lucky we are to live in a world where drugs can be used to such brilliant effect - and that we're fortunate to live in a country where we can get treated and not have to take out a small mortgage to pay medical bills.

Onto the food - I ate a LOT yesterday!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Red pepper, bacon and spinach omelette. Chocolate tea, no milk.

omelette.jpg

Lunch - Steak (3), watercress, tomato and cucumber BFree wrap (B) with a scrape of mustard and 1 tbsp EL Mayo (1). I have to say that those wraps are fantastic, I can be a bit squeamish about low gluten, quorny, tofu-ey kind of foods (but I do keep trying them!) but these wraps are brilliant.

wrap.jpg

Dinner - Courgette and BNS curry with rice, mixed pickle (2) - It was delicious, really spicy and peppery. No pic as I fell on it straight away!

Snacks - Quark with chocolate options (2.5) and strawberries. Muller Light Turkish Delight. Melon. I also made myself some figs with ricotta (A) and syrup (0.5) but I couldn't finish it - ate about a third I suppose.

Total syns - 9

Last edited:
Back