One SW day at a time

Hiya love

Just catching up on your diary, I haven't been around diaries very much this week. Sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish, although happily you are on the mend for your trip! That beef looked delish, is A&C's meat really good then? I hope you don't mind me asking, but is it reasonably priced from there? I have never used anything like that before but I would like to try it and perhaps their veggies too.

I hope you have a lovely time away.

xxx

I agree - that steak made me :drool:

Down with UTIs! Up with holidays!

Hiya love

Just catching up on your diary, I haven't been around diaries very much this week. Sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish, although happily you are on the mend for your trip! That beef looked delish, is A&C's meat really good then? I hope you don't mind me asking, but is it reasonably priced from there? I have never used anything like that before but I would like to try it and perhaps their veggies too.

I hope you have a lovely time away.

xxx

Well, this is the first time I've ordered meat from them - I used to have veggie boxes but after a while it started irritating me that I was planning around the boxes and not around what I actually wanted to eat - but I've been craving a skirt steak for a few weeks and they came up when I googled! My last delivery contained 4 x steaks (reasonable weights as well), a box of smoked tofu and a kg of golden beetroot and I paid £13 odd. I don't feel that's terribly unreasonable and especially not when I think that a dominoes pizza would cost me that plus a bit more! I'm on a lucky delivery slot as well as the driver comes on Monday morning and very early go I can get the stuff in before I go to work.

If you've never used them before I'd say have a look at what you really fancy trying - some different veggies maybe..they've got BLUE potatoes at the moment for example...some meat - their game looks fantastic and they do venison which I adore - and don't spend more than £12 and then see what you think rather than jumping straight into veggie boxes.

In my basket on my account I've got a venison shank, blue potatoes, gourmet mushrooms and some rainbow chard and it's coming out at £11.30 plus a quid delivery. Like I say I'd think nothing of spending that on a takeaway!

Well, this is the first time I've ordered meat from them - I used to have veggie boxes but after a while it started irritating me that I was planning around the boxes and not around what I actually wanted to eat - but I've been craving a skirt steak for a few weeks and they came up when I googled! My last delivery contained 4 x steaks (reasonable weights as well), a box of smoked tofu and a kg of golden beetroot and I paid £13 odd. I don't feel that's terribly unreasonable and especially not when I think that a dominoes pizza would cost me that plus a bit more! I'm on a lucky delivery slot as well as the driver comes on Monday morning and very early go I can get the stuff in before I go to work.

If you've never used them before I'd say have a look at what you really fancy trying - some different veggies maybe..they've got BLUE potatoes at the moment for example...some meat - their game looks fantastic and they do venison which I adore - and don't spend more than £12 and then see what you think rather than jumping straight into veggie boxes.

In my basket on my account I've got a venison shank, blue potatoes, gourmet mushrooms and some rainbow chard and it's coming out at £11.30 plus a quid delivery. Like I say I'd think nothing of spending that on a takeaway!

I was actually expecting it to be a lot more! £13 for 4 steaks alone is really good. I usually spend a £5 for a nice sized Rib Eye in the shops if I fancy steak... hmmm, another website to surf - i likey! Thanks xxx

You're welcome!

Right so I'm going to update my food for today as I think I might be internet free for a while *SCREAM*

WI tomorrow, I think getting up at four might make it a bit weird, I weighed yesterday and had a STS so we'll see.

Today - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Crunchy bran (B) with almond milk (A), 1 coffee, chocolate tea.

Lunch - leftover chicken jalfrezi and courgette curry, rice, mixed pickle (2)

image-1110545921.jpg It doesn't look to pretty but it was nom.

Dinner - baked salmon, roast potatoes, roast delicata squash (2), asparagus and broccoli
Snacks - strawberries, nectarine.
Total Syns - 4

image-357393922.jpg

You're going in the right direction though and a slow loss is ultimately much better (IMO) for sustainability and to keep your skin able to keep up with the changes. You're doing so, so well.

As for the dreaded UTI - I decided after an eye watering morning to take the antibiotics and drinking at the weekend be damned! Seriously, that's how awful I felt - but I told the Dr that I was going away and he gave me some anti-B's that don't interact with alcohol. Which means I can have a couple of vodkas but can't go too mad - which is also a plus from a sticking vaguely to the plan point of view :D

Yes, i think you're right although I do love seeing big numbers on the scales! I am so worried about saggy skin - I'm only 25 so I don't want to be dealing with that yet! I really need to start doing sit ups actually, thanks for the reminder!

Oh, bless you - it sounds horrible. But yes! for a couple of vodkas while still staying on plan! Have a lovely time :)

Thursday - Last day of the working week for me! :cool:

Hobbled to the Dr and started the antibiotics straight away, felt completely rotten all day and was starting to wonder if I was going to have to cancel going away. At least I got all of my packing done at 5am! Also had a hair appointment straight after work so was not looking forward to that either...and then I started feeling a bit better, and when I got to the hair salon they were doing a deal which meant that a full head of highlights actually worked out cheaper than a half head, and when I got home my mum had cooked me some tea so I didn't have to worry about doing it so the day ended more happily!

I didn't wake at 4am this morning, had a brilliant nights sleep and feel almost back to normal - aren't anti-b's a completely amazing, amazing thing? I think it's so easy to forget how lucky we are to live in a world where drugs can be used to such brilliant effect - and that we're fortunate to live in a country where we can get treated and not have to take out a small mortgage to pay medical bills.

Onto the food - I ate a LOT yesterday!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Red pepper, bacon and spinach omelette. Chocolate tea, no milk.

View attachment 129912

Lunch - Steak (3), watercress, tomato and cucumber BFree wrap (B) with a scrape of mustard and 1 tbsp EL Mayo (1). I have to say that those wraps are fantastic, I can be a bit squeamish about low gluten, quorny, tofu-ey kind of foods (but I do keep trying them!) but these wraps are brilliant.

View attachment 129913

Dinner - Courgette and BNS curry with rice, mixed pickle (2) - It was delicious, really spicy and peppery. No pic as I fell on it straight away!

Snacks - Quark with chocolate options (2.5) and strawberries. Muller Light Turkish Delight. Melon. I also made myself some figs with ricotta (A) and syrup (0.5) but I couldn't finish it - ate about a third I suppose.

Total syns - 9

On the agenda - Work, home, finish packing, see the baby, have a LadyBath, bed as early as possible as we're leaving at 4.30am tomorrow - what is it with the 4am curse this week?!

Whey for anti Bs! Nice work, and now you get to enjoy your getaway without thinking about your toilet needs - always a bonus I think.

Oh and good luck with weigh in!

Sunday.

We are having a completely wonderful time but OMG yesterday was just sooooo bad food wise that I'm almost ashamed to write it down.

Friday wasn't so bad, I was good all day, drank a fair bit though but didn't go completely and utterly off piste! Oh, lost 1.5lbs on WI - pleased with that.

Yesterday - Extra Easy Cornish Stylee.

Breakfast - A Cornish pasty. I'm not actually joking. OH and I went for a walk to clear our heads and when we got there the sun was shining and it was gorgeous so I ate a bloody Cornish pasty. :eek:

Snack - OH then went out at about midday while I had a bath and when I got out he had brought me a gingerbread ice cream in a chocolate dipped cone. :eek: To be fair I only ate about half of that and gave the rest to him.

Lunch - A Bloody Mary

Snack - Cream tea. :eek: Again, I only managed half of this.

Then we went out for dinner and I was going to have the crab and macaroni cheese :eek: but then I came over all peculiar and had to come home and lie down as I felt very, very odd. I think it was too much fatty stuff and my stomach just rebelled!

So for today I'm hoping to stick a bit more to SW principles, I need some fruit and good veggies today.

Attachments

• image-1286870046.jpg
    image-1286870046.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Tuesday. WORK. *rends at clothes*

Right then, back to normality. I had such a good time, even though I was struck down with a really odd tummy thing, I honestly think that I can't tolerate too much fatty stuff as my body just absolutely would not have it. So after the blowout of Saturday I was pretty sensible for the rest of the weekend. Did a sneaky peek this morning just to make sure that the damage hasn't been too great and I've lost a couple of pounds. I'm not getting over excited about this as we all know how much the weight can fluctuate from one day to the next but I'm kind of relieved that the scales didn't show a 7lb gain or something.

Monday - Extra Easy. Drive home for 6 hours. Such a mission. We went for lunch before we left but it was so unutterably disgusting I didn't eat more than 3 bites so I'm not counting it.
Breakfast - 1 x poached egg on toast (B)
Lunch - Fruit salad, M&S mexican chicken (1)
Dinner - One spoonful of pasta with tomato, bacon and chilli and a sprinkling of parmesan (A). Delicious probably had quite a few syns in there because of the oil and the lardons but it was such a small amount I'm not going to worry.

All in all I feel like I did pretty well. I did go completely bonkers at first, but honestly it made me feel so $hit that I just wanted then to eat properly again which meant I didn't feel deprived while everyone around me was tucking into big fry ups and brie and chinese food and masses of chips...I just thought "bleugh, I'd rather have a piece of fruit"

On the agenda for today - I'm going to do a few days of success express I think until WI on Friday, so a bit of food planning and shopping. I suppose I should do some work as well and tonight is going to be an early one - I feel completely shattered, It's hard work enjoying yourself!

Last edited:
I've noticed that too - after a couple of months of good food my body is pretty fast in telling me if I eat something it doesn't like. High fat foods have a distinctly unpleasant effect on me now. That's good though, nothing like a natural reminder that SW is better for me, and makes me feel great (apart from my germs at the moment, and that's not food-related!)

Hope you're fired up for more good stuff :)

I've noticed that too - after a couple of months of good food my body is pretty fast in telling me if I eat something it doesn't like. High fat foods have a distinctly unpleasant effect on me now. That's good though, nothing like a natural reminder that SW is better for me, and makes me feel great (apart from my germs at the moment, and that's not food-related!)

Hope you're fired up for more good stuff :)

It's strange really, I wonder if our bodies were screaming at us all the time we were loading it with rubbish and we just weren't listening, or whether it had just given up!

Wednesday - Downward towards the weekend.

Boss has just arrived and is screaming the C word downstairs so I better make this snappy.

Yesterday - Success Express

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, plum and banana fruit salad. Coffee with almond milk (A)

breakfast.jpg

Lunch - Golden beetroot, feta and lentil salad. Amazingly good.

lunch.jpg

Dinner - Venison burger (8.5) in a wholemeal roll (B) (1 for ketchup), celeriac chips, sauteed cavolo nero, courgette and garlic (B for oil used)

dinner.jpg

Snacks - Melon and strawberries.

Total syns - 9.5

On the agenda - head down, get work done.

Thursday - Tentative WHOOP! 80 days of not smoking today. :cool:

Food wise I had a very successful day. I think I mainly sort of eat in a Success Express way anyway - I pretty much always have shedloads of veggies, so I haven't found the 2/3 superfree rule difficult at all, I love having 2 HE choices and I'm really enjoying only snacking on fruit/veggies. It's a shame really that you're not meant to do it for more than a few days at a time as I really think that this way of eating suits me down to the ground. Today is my last SE day though, but I think I'm going to give a bit more thought as to how I can keep those HE's and use red/green days a little bit more. Some creative meal planning required I think.

Yesterday - Success Express

Breakfast - Porridge (B) with cherries and banana. Bleugh. I don't know what I did but I really didn't enjoy this at all and chucked about half of the porridge away. I ate all the banana though! Coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Chicken tikka salad

chicken tikka.jpg

Dinner - Ginger sweet smoked tofu with pak choi and stir fried vegetables (B + 2.5 for oil and sugar/rice wine). So, this was my first go at using tofu and I really liked it - it tasted a bit like bacon and I loved the marinade I used - think that would go very well on some chicken or scallops. It was also surprisingly filling. For pudding - Figs with Greek yoghurt and golden syrup (2.5)

tofu.jpg

Snacks - Green apple, melon.

Total syns - 5

Last edited:
Still pretty much the same...... Don't like these new tablets, but have to see what doc says tomorrow xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh petal. Hold on until tomorrow and I'm sure that they'll change it up for you - I mean, you've given it a good old bash. :bighug:

Hi :)

sorry to to hear you weren't well during your mini break but hopefully you're all better now. It can only be a good thing that your body can't tolerate the naughties sooo I think some kind of weird congratulations are in order! Even more so as you're 80+ days as a non-smoker - amazing work! I hope you're chuffed with yourself and strutting round like a peacock.

I have a feeling tomorrow's going to be a fab weigh in for you, can't wait to see what it is! Best of luck lovey, keep us posted. Your meals all sound and look so healthy/yummy. Really sounds like you have this weightloss malarkey down to a T.

Hi :)

sorry to to hear you weren't well during your mini break but hopefully you're all better now. It can only be a good thing that your body can't tolerate the naughties sooo I think some kind of weird congratulations are in order! Even more so as you're 80+ days as a non-smoker - amazing work! I hope you're chuffed with yourself and strutting round like a peacock.

I have a feeling tomorrow's going to be a fab weigh in for you, can't wait to see what it is! Best of luck lovey, keep us posted. Your meals all sound and look so healthy/yummy. Really sounds like you have this weightloss malarkey down to a T.

:flowers:. I am still puffing away on my e-cig but I've dropped the nicotine levels this week, so I do feel as though I'm slowly getting there! No desire to smoke a "proper" cigarette any more which is great. Glad to see you back! x

Back