One SW day at a time

Well my favourite squash is the Kobacha for wedges but they're a bit difficult to get hold of - honestly? Most little squashes are great - Acorn ones are lovely.

PB2 - It's powered and when you open the jar it smells pretty rough. You use two tablespoons of powder to one tablespoon water and give it a good stir and suddenly...peanut butter!. It's honestly as good as the "normal" stuff. You get a little more than a tbsp out of one serving and it's 2 syns per serving. (40 cals). It's SO GOOD. You can also put it in curries and make satays out of it. It's FAB.

FRIDAY - oh you took AGES to get here, come 'ere and let's get you out of those wet clothes.

WI DAY - 2 lbs off! Whoop! Pleased with that, I'm usually a pound per week kinda gal.

Yesterday was great. I was hungry though, I'm always hungry on a Thursday, it's weird. Luckily as I was doing a red day I could fill up on protein and I really did!

Yesterday - Red Day...ooooooo

Breakfast - PB2 and banana porridge (B + 1 - meh, don't bother with this, it didn't really work) with blueberries. Chocolate tea

15300028808_b84cd8c4cc_k.jpg

Lunch - Fig, prosciutto (1.5) and mozzarella (A x 2) salad.

15463543376_facb7ca236_k.jpg

Pwetty!

Dinner - Fresh tuna steak with roasted delicata squash, spinach, celeriac "patatas" bravas. (B for oil used) :drool: - so filling as well bearing in mind it was just a plate of superfree with a wodge of fish on top! I bought some umami sprinkly stuff yesterday and put some on the tuna before cooking it and OMG, it really gave it a bit of a punch...think this stuff could be a revelation!

15493050272_a4751afaee_k.jpg

Snacks - Melon, Pack of chicken tikka pieces :eek:, fresh papaya with greek yogurt (um, not sure how I feel about papaya to be honest - I'm not sure I like it. Got another half to eat today :rolleyes:)

15464278016_dabc96aee6_k.jpg

Total syns - 2.5

Total syns for the week = 107

Last edited:
Friday - AGAIN

So it's unlikely I'll get a chance to update tomorrow as I've got to buy school jumpers and run around and then go to a party!

Not many photos as you've seen it all before!

Today - not sure what plan, let's call it Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs with celery salt. Coffee with almond milk (half A)

Lunch - final portion of pumpkin pasta (half a +1) it was a smaller portion. Salad

Dinner - Mozzarella (2) stuffed prosciutto (1) chicken breast with paprika roasted squash and celeriac (1) and corn on the cob.

image-339145592.jpg

Snacks - NONE! WTF?

Total Syns - evil wine ones (35?) food ones - 5

No HEXB

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my night.

Last edited:
Sunday!

I'm cooking a roast dinner and am completely starving! Not eaten much today so I'm planning on having a few Syns worth of mashed potato.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - oh yeah, this was a disaster as well, I got out a couple of sausages thinking they were WW ones, put them in the pan to cook slowly while I got on with other stuff and the amount of fat that came out of them...so yeah. 2 x sausages (10 FFS) with baked beans. Coffee with almond milk (half A)

image-2515961098.jpg

Lunch - B-Free wrap (B) with ham, LC Light (half A), cucumber, tomatoes, tsp of lime pickle (2). Leftover celeriac bravas.

image-2318789831.jpg

Dinner - Vile nonsense. Deep fried breaded chicken, deep fried prawn thing, chicken wing. Gawd knows how many Syns. ?. Rose wine, bit of a dance about. Nothing from the buffet at the party.

Snacks - nowt!

Total Syns - loads and not even WORTH it ones. Boo!

Getting the dinner on now, I'm so hungry I could eat my own face.

Last edited:
2lbs you LEGEND! It sounds so deserved as well. Couldn't be happier for you.

Ah Sally! So many accidental and worthless syns - is there anything worse? I feel your pain, but your head seems in the right place even if sausages and deep fried-ness were against you yesterday. I think you can call that a win!

I hope that your face is still intact and that your stomach is full with roast dinner goodness. Mmmm I could so do with a roast dinner. Book me in for next Sunday at yours please ;-) xx

2lbs you LEGEND! It sounds so deserved as well. Couldn't be happier for you.

Ah Sally! So many accidental and worthless syns - is there anything worse? I feel your pain, but your head seems in the right place even if sausages and deep fried-ness were against you yesterday. I think you can call that a win!

I hope that your face is still intact and that your stomach is full with roast dinner goodness. Mmmm I could so do with a roast dinner. Book me in for next Sunday at yours please ;-) xx

I still have a face! Hoorah! Yeah, line drawn under the day of fat - bleugh.

Monday - :raincloud: - Good Lord but it's wet out there this morning.
OK, so yesterday was pretty quiet. Had a bit of an amble around Waitrose and got my sticky little fingers on some Kaffir lime leaves and smoked paprika and a box of sweet rhubarb tea. Oh it is the prettiest teabag ever, ever.

15332705479_d8b9d050b1_o.jpg

The tea itself is a teeny bit tart but I think I left it brew slightly too long. OH! and I forgot to say that I went shopping on Saturday and spent almost 2 whole arms and legs on clothes and stuff I really didn't need, but I also got to one of my favourite shops which is a Turkish supermarket. This place is awesome for unusual veggies, pasta, pulses, TEA...OMG the tea is incredible - I grabbed two boxes of cherry stalk tea which I lurve :drool:, and spices. So I bought some rose flavoured jam, a kohlrabi, pomegranate molasses, a massive white onion and a huge jar of gherkins.

Back to yesterday, came home, went food shopping for Sunday dinner ingredients and firstly went to the local farm shop/deli. Yeah, so I spent ages just wondering at all this fab stuff and then we bought a lovely lean piece of topside then went to Morrisons for veggies. I was quite impressed actually! They've got a really good range of stuff (and squashes - I know, I know!)

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Fresh fruit salad, FF yogurt. Poached egg on 1 x slice wholemeal toast (B)

Lunch - Banana, Melon

Dinner - Roast beef, roasted squash and celeriac (6 for oil), yorkshire pudding (2), 1 x roast potato (2.5), 1 x spoonful mash (1.5) Gravy (2.5), carrots, sprouts, spring greens, mustard (0.5)

15331087249_9ae9f8bc9d_o.jpg

Snacks - None

Total syns - 15 - I've definitely over estimated them though.

On The Agenda - Work - boo!, home, cook tea (chicken quesadilla's tonight I think), luxury bath, bed. BLISS.

Last edited:
Tuesday. Feeling gooood!

Did some good old cooking last night, I do love bibbling away in the kitchen. I made chicken quesadillas. So tonight I'm cooking a laska for us all so hoping to replicate the response! I also made some tomato and fennel soup for lunches. Yay!

Yesterday - Red Day

Breakfast - Bacon mushroom and roast squash omelette. HP sauce (1), coffee with almond milk (Half A)

15524426512_e6c7d2fcdf_o.jpg

Lunch - Peppered trout and roasted squash salad (yeah, using up the squash from the Sunday dinner!)

15339326620_a1300c4203_o.jpg

Dinner - Chicken quesadilla (1.5 x B for wraps, 1.5 x A for cheese + 2 syns for butter), smoked paprika celeriac chips (0.5 x B for oil), red pepper salsa.

15526386251_d04509441c_o.jpg

Snacks - MASSIVE pomegranate, 2 x figs. Then my mum had bought some M&S Snowballs which are my absolute favourite thing ever, so I had a half of one (4.5 - so worth it though) I was glad that a half was enough and I didn't feel like I needed to eat the whole thing - progress!

Total syns - 7.5

Last edited:
HAHAHA! I just googled it and I PROMISE you I'm not planning on making and eating THAT for my family. :eatdrink017:

That's hilarious! I meant LAKSA. *wheeze*

Haha @ everyone googling laska! So glad I didn't do that on my work phone.

sally, were you ever a chef in a previous life?

HAD to google it too, so funny :p can we have your recipe for your laksa please? x

I honestly thought it was called laska...thank god for Michelle! This is the recipe I used

Chicken Laksa | Chicken Recipes | Jamie Oliver Recipes

And here's how I worked out my syns (and tips after I've cooked it)

Syns:

For the Chicken

1 tbsp runny honey - 2.5
1 tbsp sesame seeds - 3.5. OK, the best way to drop this is to just do the tiniest sprinkle on your piece of chicken when it's cooked which should reduce the syns - also it's not totally necessary to be honest but they are yummy. OR you could use one dsp for half a B choice.

The chicken serves four so 1.5 syns per portion.

For The LAKSA - and OMG I've just realised that Jamie Oliver's website spells it Laska on the ingredients list. :eek:

1 tsp peanut butter - 1.5. Don't bother it adds nothing.
1 tbsp sesame oil - 6 - you could reduce this but I'm not sure what the paste would do - my "paste" was very wet anyway so you could conceivably get away with it as it's plonked into hot water anyway rather than being fried off.
Coconut milk - 14.5 syns. *squeak*

The laksa is supposed to serve four...Four what? Four T-Rexes? Four Hippos? There was blimming LOADS, so I'd say it serves six. So 3.5 syns per portion. If you left out the peanut butter and the oil you'd be looking at 2.5 syns per portion

Haha @ everyone googling laska! So glad I didn't do that on my work phone.

sally, were you ever a chef in a previous life?

Can you imagine? OMG! I'm not cheffy at all - not really. I used to have a blog about all my baking disasters ;), but I do love cooking and trying out new things. I have to get obsessional on the plan to actually start losing weight so that's the place I'm in now. I'll probably end up eating $hitty mugshots again in a few weeks.

Wednesday - Yip!

Good day yesterday. Work was good, then came home did some cooking, did some eating and settled down in time for The Apprentwits. It was deliciously dreadful. The whole family loved the laksa - I was a little bit less keen, it was everso slightly bland for me - I think I've broken my tastebuds with years of chilli abuse though - but the chicken...oh my Gog, the chicken was incredible and I will definitely be making that again with some sticky coconut rice and stir fried pak choi. Yum.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Ham and beans. Sprinkle of feta (1/4 A - bear with me, my HEXA's are complicated), coffee with almond milk (1/2 A)

Lunch - Homemade tomato and fennel soup (0.5), ham and LC light (1/4 A) toasted sandwich. No pic as I dived into it as I was chatting on the phone.

Dinner - Thai Chicken BJ ;) (5)

Pudding - 2% total with warm cherries and Sweet Freedom syrup (2)

Snacks - Mint muller, melon.

Total syns - 7.5

Last edited:
Thursday - GROTESQUE!

Right, so yesterday went a bit wrong and I am so angry with myself this morning. I was on for a good loss this week and I ONCE AGAIN let my emotions get in the way and bloody well drank stupid wine. Anyway. That's done now no point dwelling on it - but RAHRRRRR.:mad:

Not going to let it spoil today though and I didn't trough my way through terrible food even though my plan went awry in the evening when I realised I didn't have any celeriac. RAHRRRR again. AND I've had to have stupid hunger-making porridge for breakfast as I've run out of beans at work. RAHRRRRRRRRR.

OK, that's the RAHRRing out of the way.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Spicy red pepper salsa omelette (Half A) :drool: , coffee with almond milk (2).

Lunch - Home made tomato and fennel soup (0.5), ham and LC light sandwich (1 x B, 1/4 A)

Dinner - Honey and mustard pork steak (2.5) with mashed potato (1/4 A for LC Light), kale, carrots and sprouts. WINE (25) :cry:

Snacks - Pineapple and kiwi fruit.

Total syns - 28. Grrr

On The Agenda - Work, dental hygenist at lunch time. CAN YOU FEEL THE JOY?, Home, cooking something, BED.

Last edited:
Fantastic FRIDAY!

WI day - and OMG 3.5lbs off! :bliss:

I stood on the scales five times to make sure they weren't messing about and the last couple of times they actually showed another half a pound off but I decided to take the first three tries. It's all the soup this week I think. HOORAY! I am so happy. Definitely going to fiddle about with next weeks plan and get some more soup in there.

Yesterday - Red Day

Breakfast - Banana Porridge (B), green tea.

Lunch - Tomato and fennel soup (0.5), half a packet of cooked chicken flung in there, then I ate the rest of the pack!

Dinner - Parmesan crusted salmon (1/2 B for breadcrumbs, A for parmesan), rosemary and parmesan celeriac (A for parmesan, Half B for oil), steamed purple sprouting broccoli, green beans and asparagus. :drool:. The parmesan celeriac was awesome - I'm definitely going to do these with real potatoes.

Snacks - Mint muller, grapes

Total syns - 0.5

Syns for the week - 141/105. Whoopsy.

Last edited:
Erm, amazing! Sally that's sooooo good, well done!

Would you mind posting your recipe for tomato and fennel soup? Or, if you already have, tell me to b*gger off and look for it already.

So pleased for you with your loss this week, you really nailed it! Woohooooooo.

Have a brilliant time today - and I also sniggered when I read your ox tail with morning glory comment! CHILDREN!

Back