One SW day at a time

16.5 syns for a ''low-cal'' margarita?!

Where do you get your ideas from for all these luscious looking meals?:D

I know!!! The tequila and Cointreau was 11 of those Syns and then sugar was the rest. I could have had 5 vodkas for that!

I've got acres of cookery books and follow loads of food blogs as well. Also been re-reading some old threads on here with lots of great ideas. I think most things are SWable really, so I just look at a recipe and see if I can cut out the fat or at least cut it down and boost the veggie content if possible. Those lamb kebabs last night, for example, were meant to be made with 4 tbsps olive oil :eek: (I bet they would have been super, super Delish with that amount of oil :drool:)

Kebabs look really good. Need to try and find my skewers again as I think OH would love those.

Monday!

If I say that I'm glad to be at work then I'm sure you can imagine what a rubbish day I had yesterday! Lots of high drama from various quarters which sent me into a bit of a slump. I stayed on plan though which is miraculous! I refuse to allow other people's behaviour to define my life any more.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - A pear, coffee with almond milk (2.5)

Lunch - Prawn pepper madras, rice, chapatti (Tweaky B. This is a bit naughty as it wasn't a wholemeal one, but the calories were right so s0d it!)

Dinner - Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup. (A for cheese) - I love this soup sooooo much.

Snacks - Nothing!

Total syns - 2.5 Hmmm, I'm sure there was a couple more somewhere but I can't remember!

I also tweak chapatis as hexb, mine are wholemeal though!!! I tried the harissa paste today on carrots & green beans, it was really nice, I'd describe it as a smooth hot taste, I wish I'd tried it before now!!

I also tweak chapatis as hexb, mine are wholemeal though!!! I tried the harissa paste today on carrots & green beans, it was really nice, I'd describe it as a smooth hot taste, I wish I'd tried it before now!!

Hooray for harissa! I love it - hmmm, might have to add a spoonful to something this week now. :D

I sometimes 'tweak' things if the calories are right too , if it works, got to be done sometimes! :D
And good for you not letting other people ruin your life , just do what YOU need to do :) x

I am tweaky as anything - I'm a very naughty SWer sometimes. Thanks for your support, I'm having a tough time at the moment.

Last edited:
Tuesday!

Brrrr - cold out there this morning.

A good day yesterday - I think I've clawed back those 10 syns from that "Low Cal" Margarita ;).

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - A pear and raspberries, coffee with almond milk (2.5)

Lunch - Chicken enchilada soup (A for cheese)

Dinner - Cod, chorizo (2.5) and butterbean stew (Half B for oil)

Snacks - Orange muller light, Night Nurse :rolleyes:

Total syns - 8.5

Last edited:
Just flying by to catch up - food looks awesome as always! Had some seriously amazing food in Dublin (which was without a doubt, not on plan...) Butterbean stew is a fav of mine; I'm yet to find a veggie alternative to chorizo that gives a similar flavour.

Smoked paprika is pretty good at imparting that flavour without the syns (or meat)

That is one of the few things lacking in my kitchen at the moment! I will endevour to remember to pick some up. I got some garlic pepper the other day, which is fab, especially for Asian flavours.

You've GOT to get some, it's brilliant. I've got some wasabi salt lounging about in my cupboard that I keep meaning to use...along with liquid smoke, umami sprinkle stuff, togarashi pepper, malt salt and about a billion other mad things. :silly:

Wednesday - thought it was Thursday for a couple of minutes this morning! Boo.

Good 100%er yesterday, My weekly syns are looking a little bit low so I decided to try and have the full 15 to get them up into the 70's for the week. I haven't got much of an appetite at the moment though - hooray for that!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Orange muller light, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Chicken enchilada soup, no cheese this time.

Dinner - Leftover butterbean and chorizo stew (Half B + 2.5 syns) on roasted acorn squash. (1) for Frank's hot sauce.

Snacks - M&S Posh roll (10), raspberries, half a dose of night nurse (2)

Total syns - 15.5

What on earth is a 'posh' roll? And that stew looks even better every time you post it!

M & S posh rolls are a brioche-y type hot dog bun. They go with their Posh Dogs which are great big meaty fat sausages.

I LOVE brioche and when they're in the house (for the kids) I find it very, very difficult to steer clear of them. It was nice to have one last night without any guilt, although I did eat it pretty mindlessly to be honest - as I said, my appetite is being weird this last few days.

Thursday

ANOTHER 100%er yesterday. WI tomorrow and I'm hoping for another 2lb loss. :fingerscrossed:. Going to start pulling a plan together for next week - I've got a Big Night Out planned on Saturday night where I'm sure that my synnage will be v.bad so I'm going to try and mitigate that by have a fairly lean week. I might even throw a couple of success express days in next week. Oh, interestingly, I spoke to my friend who is also doing SW and she was telling me that a woman in her group had put on 3lbs doing SP :eek: She cried, poor woman and I don't blame her. I think it must be the two B choices - it makes no sense to me to cut out potatoes and brown rice (for example) and then give you double bread/cereals :confused:. It would make more sense to say you can have 2 B choices one of which must be oil.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Tuna and cottage cheese salad

Dinner - SouthWestern spiced pork tenderloin, chorizo and sweet potato fries (3), steamed broccoli, courgette (B for oil across the dish)

Pudding - The old favourite. Warm cherries, 2% Greek yogurt (1), syrup (2)

Snacks - Mint ML, night nurse :rolleyes: (3.5)

Total syns - 9.5

Back