One SW day at a time

Thursday!

Half day today so I've got a days worth of work to cram into four hours! Uh-Oh.

Good day yesterday, 100%er which makes a good change after the last few days! Also dragged myself to Bodypump which was a proper effort as I'd left my kit at home and had to dash back in my lunch hour to pick it up. *committed*

Flirting with the idea of a red week next week, so going to make a plan and see how I feel.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Pumpkin quinoa porridge (1) with banana and blueberries, coffee with soya milk (A)

Lunch - Roast dinner soup with some ham

Dinner - Chicken Yassar (2) with rice

Snacks - WW yogurt

Total syns - 3

The best SW friendly cheese sauce I've found so far is taking half a tub of low low spread (HEA), melting in a saucepan and "watering" down with some skimmed milk for a syn or 2. It doesn't take a lot of milk to make it into a lovely sauce. If you're having a green day then you can use your other HEA for cheese on top.

I never use milk, so there's none in the house! But I think I will try that next time. I was cooking for two of us, so used 120g of Low Low spread in the end and added cheese on top. Also mixed cottage cheese and eggs in, so it was more of a set mac and cheese. Super tasty though!

I never use milk, so there's none in the house! But I think I will try that next time. I was cooking for two of us, so used 120g of Low Low spread in the end and added cheese on top. Also mixed cottage cheese and eggs in, so it was more of a set mac and cheese. Super tasty though!

I've used Jack Monroe's cauliflower mac and cheese recipe also and that made a lovely set mac and cheese. I prefer a saucy one though (hence watering dow the low low).

Friday - Hoorah!

WI Day - 1lb on. BOO! Even though I knew it was coming it still sucks! :D. A pound is nothing though and I'm going to wave buh-bye to that next week along with one of it's chubby friends (or two hopefully)

Good day yesterday! I tried a new class at the gym called supple strength. It's like a mixture of yoga, pilates and tai chi and I really, really enjoyed it. I felt all zen afterwards. I didn't manage to get half the things I wanted to get done yesterday but hey, I really enjoyed having a random half day off work.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Beans on toast (B), coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Togarashi peppered salmon with stir fried veggies.

Dinner - Roast chicken, piri-piri celeriac chips (2), flowering sprouts (love these!), broccoli

Pudding - 2% greek yogurt (1), cherries and syrup (2)

Snacks - WW yogurt

Total syns - 5

Last edited:
A lb is nothing considering that yummy food & drink you had just a few days ago.

Lovely food pics as always,

Saturday!

Ouch, drank some wine last night because I just felt like it! I also cancelled my spinning class so that was naughty as well! Apart from that I had a good day. A red one to make a change and I've planned to go red for much of this coming week.

Off out today for lunch with a friend, I'm hoping there'll be something SW friendly but I'm not sure where we're going so it's a bit difficult to plan!

Yesterday - Red day

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (half A)

Lunch - chicken tikka salad

Dinner - Harissa chicken, Parmesan celeriac cubes (A), broccoli

image-2985378349.jpg

Snacks - WW yogurt, grapes, wine!

Whoops no B choices!

Sunday - lovely.

So ive just got in from a spinning class - BRUTAL! My face is burning haha!

Good day yesterday, 100%er which is amazing for a Saturday.

Yesterday - Red Day

Breakfast - French toast (B), 2% greek yogurt (1), blueberries, syrup (2). Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

image.jpg

Lunch - chicken salad in a cafe. No dressing but I did drizzle about a tsp olive oil over the greens (2)

Dinner - Beef stifado (1.5), roast squash, flowering sprouts.

image.jpg

Snacks - WW yogurt, banana, pear

Whoops not all my B's again. It's more of an extra easy day really!

Total Syns - 6.5

Spinning....i've seen those classes....sooner you than me :D
Well done on another good day:)
Hope you had a lovely sunday :)

I used to love spinning, but yesterday I was just looking at the clock willing it to be over! I'm sure I'll get back into it but it is TOUGH.

Monday

Well, that spinning class broke me a bit yesterday so I took it easy for the rest of the day. I didn't even cook my own dinner :eek: which meant I did rack up a few syns but within the 15 as I'd only snacked on fruit all day. Phew! I also had to swap over to an EE day as I wanted some rice for dinner.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - A banana, coffee with almond milk (3)

Lunch - Beef stifado (1.5), Greek salad (A for feta)

Dinner - Chicken curry (5) with rice and pickle (3) - no superfree really apart from the onions in the curry. It was one of those old fashioned Homepride tins of curry sauce and it really took me back to my childhood!

Snacks - Grapes, fresh fig.

Total syns - 12.5

NO B CHOICE AGAIN. ARGH! - Although, If I called it a green day I could have had the meat as my B's and the milk and cheese as my A's so it's all swings and roundabouts really.

Can't be doing with spinning. My sister loves it, but I just find it hellish.

Gee Whizz my bottom hurts today - what are those saddles made of? PAIN - that's what. :eek: :D

The beef stifado looks really delicious- any recipe tips? Need to keep up with trying new recipes & that looks like a winner!
Spinning sounds like very good exercise but pretty painful- well done for going x

It was a good 'un, I just made it up in the morning and let it slow cook all day. Here's my recipe if you fancy giving it a whirl (amounts are a bit rubbish I'm afraid because I'm a bit of a "chuck it in" sort of cook)

Beef Stifado - Serves four generously. 1.5 syns per portion (or free if using frylight)

1 x tbsp olive oil
1 x pack lean diced beef (about 450g)
About 15 baby onions or shallots, peeled but left whole
2 x BIG carrots, peeled and chopped chunkily (heh, new word)
3 x cloves of crushed garlic
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cinnamon stick
pinch of ground cloves
1 carton passata
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Beef stock cube

Warm the olive oil in a non stick pan and gently brown the beef - set aside. Add a dash of water to the pan to deglaze and then add the baby onions, browning them slightly. Add the chunky carrots and let them sweat off for a few minutes. Add the garlic and all the herbs and spices including the cinnamon stick and cook until fragrant (just about a minute or two), you might need to splash a little more water in there to prevent it all sticking, add the beef back in then the chopped tomatoes and passata. Fill the empty tomato tin up with water and add that as well along with the beef stock cube. Season with salt and pepper. Bring up to a good bubble and bung it all in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours and then crank it up to high for the last couple of hours if it is a bit watery.

It's even better if you prepare it all the night before and then let it sit in the fridge before putting it in the slow cooker for the day.

Tuesday

SIGH.

I think I've put my grumpy trousers on this morning and it's because I flipping sneaky peeked this morning and I've GAINED half a pound! Stupid sneaky peeking.

Good day yesterday foodwise, cancelled step again though...Monday's just aren't conducive to exercise I think :rolleyes:

Yesterday - Red Day

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs on toast (B) HP sauce (1)

Lunch - Chilli and coriander king prawn (1.5) salad with cottage cheese. Yummy.

Dinner - Pan fried haddock (2), new potatoes (B), spinach and broccoli

Snacks - WW yogurt, nectarine, 2% Greek yogurt (0.5) with fresh figs (3 for syrup)

Total syns - 8

Wednesday - This week is flying by!

I was in a stinker of a mood for most of yesterday but a 90 minute class of yoga in the evening cured me and I've woken up nice and chirpy this morning! I haven't practised proper yoga for years so was really glad to find that I could still remember all of it and even managed to get in the Plough position - although I'm so much fatter than I used to be that it was quite difficult to breathe due to all the flubber just flubbing onto my chest. Gah! Just a couple more red days left and then I've got some nice green ones booked up for next week which is exciting. I'm going to be trying some new recipes as well (in an attempt to completely ignore valentines day!)

Yesterday - Red Day

Breakfast - Porridge (B) with banana and blueberries, coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - The last of the beef stifado (1.5) with salad

Dinner - Oh Lordy. A bit of a weird experimental thing. Parmesan and paprika chicken and celeriac (done in the actifry) (B for oil, A for cheese), broccoli. It was OK

Snacks - Nectarine, WW yogurt

Total syns - 1.5

Back