One SW day at a time

What a lovely welcome. :grouphugg:

Yay!! Welcome back! Food looks amazing as usual xx

Thank you - Not too bad calorie wise yesterday either coming in at around the 1,300 mark - you could bug a couple of Mars bars in for a feast day! How you doing on the 5:2?

Welcome back! :D
Glad you're doing well!
Food looks lovely:)
I want a Fitbit too, will get one soon I hope:)
Am using MFP too lately and my pedometer + health app on my phone , quite inspiring really, and your enthusiasm for Fitbit makes me want one more! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Get one, get one! Totally fabby. Are you not doing SW anymore? Must come and have a look at your diary.

Welcome back, your food looks yummy x

Thank you - It was a yummy day and much needed after weeks of convenience food - bleugh! (Except for ready made fresh soups - now those babies are great)

Hey, you are back!

Welcome home. How's your arm doing?

Well done on keeping it up despite your adversities. I tend to go off the rails if my train is late!!!! I don't need much of an excuse. You have done really really well. I really want a fitbit - do you have the wrist thing or the one that clips on?

Food is looking a-mazing!

xxxxxx

Hello, hello old bean! You must be on the countdown to the wedding now? EXCITING! My arm is much better. I've lost a bit of movement (putting on a coat is a PITA for example) but I'm hoping it'll all come back in a few more weeks. I've got the Fitbit Charge HR - so it's got a Heart Rate monitor built in which means more accurate calorie burns. You wear it all the time (except in the shower or swimming), it tracks your sleep patterns, steps (obviously), miles walked (you can link it up to an app on a smartphone and then you get GPS tracking of your walks if you like), any other exercise...:blahblah:...I sound like an advert! Anyway, it's a bit hefty at £119.00 but I really honestly don't regret a single penny of that. As I said I went and bought the Fitbit scales yesterday which then link up through -MAGIC- wifi and updates your app and then adjusts your calorie burn. I'm at 39.5% body fat though. :hide:

Whoop, whoop, nice to see you & your yummy food back x

Thank you - I've got to say that Chicken shawarma yesterday was bloody lovely - tasted very similar to a good chicken kebab from a decent takeaway. :drool:

Oooh I just ordered a FitBit One! I didn't want a wrist one, I would rather have a clip on. £69.99 from Currys, not bad! I am dreading the fat % mind!

Yes, the wedding is approaching stupidly fast!!!!! I am going between petrified that I won't lose any weight for it, to relaxed and not bothered! The latter is a dangerous feeling! I really want to lose some, just for being comfortable and not too hot more than anything else!

Glad to hear your arm is recovering - are you having any physio on it?

xxx

Ahh brilliant to have you back! You were missed! You sound very positive which is great:D Missed your lovely food.
Take care of yourself xx

Oooh I just ordered a FitBit One! I didn't want a wrist one, I would rather have a clip on. £69.99 from Currys, not bad! I am dreading the fat % mind!

Yes, the wedding is approaching stupidly fast!!!!! I am going between petrified that I won't lose any weight for it, to relaxed and not bothered! The latter is a dangerous feeling! I really want to lose some, just for being comfortable and not too hot more than anything else!

Glad to hear your arm is recovering - are you having any physio on it?

xxx

Ooooo - You're going to love it! I don;t know much about the other versions but if it links to the app let me know and we can be "friends" on there and COMPETE for best steps a day. *competitive* ;). I think you only get your body fat % on the scales so don't worry about that. As to the wedding - do you know what? I think you put FAR too much pressure on yourself which leads to inevitable failure - you really should be a bit nicer to yourself you know? You've got a lovely man who loves you, you're good fun, seem to have lots of friends and a happy life...so what if now and again you "fall off the wagon"? As long as you get up and dust yourself off - WHICH YOU ALWAYS DO - then you'll get to a comfy weight. I just know it.

No physio - I wasn't too impressed with the fracture clinic to be honest - it was all a bit crazy - but I've started trying to carry a bit of shopping in my right hand now and again, and of course, I'm cooking again!

Funny you say that, I was nursing a hamgover yesterday with a cuppa tea and a mars bar :p just discovered mini ice cream tubs too!!

Still going strong on 5:2... fast day today!! Just need to stop being so excessive with my feast days at weekends!x

Hope your fast day went well yesterday. I do plan on popping the odd fast day in over the next few weeks, but I'm weirdly hitting a fairly low calorie load every day at the moment, without feeling deprived, so just going with that for the time being.

Ahh brilliant to have you back! You were missed! You sound very positive which is great:D Missed your lovely food.
Take care of yourself xx

Hello petal - how are things going with you?

Last edited:
Tuesday

Utterly gorgeous day out there today, I enjoyed my march to work this morning.

Had a good day yesterday, I'm feeling very positive and just happy...so I'm relishing that. It's been a bit of a bumpy few months so it's nice to start feeling a bit more like the old me.

Yesterday

Breakfast - A couple of boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - Home made French onion soup, toasted cheese sandwich.

Dinner - Smoked cod and cannellini beans with spinach.

Snacks - Apple, Coconut perle de lait yogurt, Toffee pecan walnut whip (Didn't really want this but my calories were too low!)

1395 cals total

14,095 steps.
2456 cals burned.

Love onion soup as well! I'm the same though, one of those things that I rarely get around to making. Really like the look of your dinner as well.

Dinner was delicious - very SWable as well, SMOKED COD AND CANNELLINI BEANS | Recipes | Nigella Lawson - here it is if you fancy giving it a go. I only used one tbsp oil for the two portions and only 50mls of wine which after you've chucked half the poaching liquor away probably works out at a couple of syns at the very most.

Wednesday

GORGEOUS morning. Managed to shave some time off my walk into work this morning - fastest time yet of 32 minutes (pretty pathetic really considering it's only 2 miles but hey, it's an improvement so YAY for me :wink:)

Good day yesterday, booked my train tickets (First class doncha know :snooty:) for this weekend's trip to Brighton with friends, got my hair did, bought some new shoes (which are comfy but have still given me a couple of blisters this morning - I love shoes so much but why must they hurt me so?!), and did some crochet in the evening. That's right, it's happened I am officially old and past it...crocheting and not even ironically crocheting.

Yesterday

Breakfast - Yogurt and banana, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - Skinny soup - I am slightly addicted to this, and it's only 198 cals for the whole container so I think it would probably be low, low, low in syns - spelt bread sandwich with philadelphia light

Dinner - Jamaican chicken curry from the freezer, rice, green beans.

Snacks - Home made chickpea purree with carrots and celery, apple.

1,739 cals for the day

12,549 steps
2,361 cals burned

Not many pics, have one of the granny square I made :D

oo thank you!

I shall add that to the list to try!

I think I'm going to make this tonight: Garlic-Lemon Turnip Pasta with String Beans and Edamame | Inspiralized
But seeing as the oil is just used for frying, I may half it, or just use Fry Light.

That looks amazing! I so want a spiralizer but I just can't do it - there'll be a bad murder done if I bring home another gadget. I agree that you can halve that oil - and I would do that rather than use fry-light TBH - it's only 1.5 syns per portion after all. Totally worth it.

I tried crochet but couldn't get past the squares which isn't much good, I'm good at knitting & it really irriates me how poor I am at crochet.

I'd love a spiraliser but know I'll get told off for buying more gadgets that and they are a tad expensive. x

Ooooo - You're going to love it! I don;t know much about the other versions but if it links to the app let me know and we can be "friends" on there and COMPETE for best steps a day. *competitive* ;). I think you only get your body fat % on the scales so don't worry about that. As to the wedding - do you know what? I think you put FAR too much pressure on yourself which leads to inevitable failure - you really should be a bit nicer to yourself you know? You've got a lovely man who loves you, you're good fun, seem to have lots of friends and a happy life...so what if now and again you "fall off the wagon"? As long as you get up and dust yourself off - WHICH YOU ALWAYS DO - then you'll get to a comfy weight. I just know it.

No physio - I wasn't too impressed with the fracture clinic to be honest - it was all a bit crazy - but I've started trying to carry a bit of shopping in my right hand now and again, and of course, I'm cooking again!

Oh gawd, you are competitive aren't you?! I will "friend" you once I can figure it all out, but you will whoop my ass on any competition, which will always put me in second place, which is a place I am more comfortable with! Especially if you walk 2 miles to work - dayumn thats a fair distance in 32 mins, you must go hell for leather.

Thank you for saying that about my weight for the wedding. I am relatively happy with looking the way I look and I know Mick loves me for being me, but I would like to be more comfortable in the heat and just less cumbersome. Any weight loss will be good. I really want to get into exercise more than I want to deal with the food I eat - I hate exercise, but I would love to love it, and I think if I exercise more consistently I will get used to it.

Your food is looking really sexy at the moment Sals. I love FO soup and I really want to eat more fish and legumes and less meat and potatoes/rice etc. so your dinner yesterday would be right up my street. I have just bought a pack of frozen cod pieces (not the ones used by Cameo in the 80s!) and haddock pieces too. I have googled a few really good recipes for them, one of them was this one: Braised peas with bacon, lentils & cod | BBC Good Food - I actually have only just started eating peas (I know its crazy, but I hated the blighters) and I really want to make this one. I also fancy giving a cod chowder a go, but using phili light as a sub for cream.

That soup sounds nice and low in cals too - I might have to purchase some of that. Is it filling?

Pretty bit of crocheting too. You should do loads of little squares and make a big old blanket.

xx

Hey Sally. Food sounds divine!
I am all better thank you. Off plan over Easter and back on it now. Managed to lose 3 pounds last week somehow so I am now in the tens!! Very happy with that.
Addicted to salmon with sw fried rice and roasted veg at the most..yum
Take care of yourself xxx

I tried crochet but couldn't get past the squares which isn't much good, I'm good at knitting & it really irriates me how poor I am at crochet.

I'd love a spiraliser but know I'll get told off for buying more gadgets that and they are a tad expensive. x

Yeah, I'm just starting out so am just doing squares myself at the moment - I'm really enjoying it though and having something to do with my hands means I'm not using them to eat!

Oh gawd, you are competitive aren't you?! I will "friend" you once I can figure it all out, but you will whoop my ass on any competition, which will always put me in second place, which is a place I am more comfortable with! Especially if you walk 2 miles to work - dayumn thats a fair distance in 32 mins, you must go hell for leather.

Thank you for saying that about my weight for the wedding. I am relatively happy with looking the way I look and I know Mick loves me for being me, but I would like to be more comfortable in the heat and just less cumbersome. Any weight loss will be good. I really want to get into exercise more than I want to deal with the food I eat - I hate exercise, but I would love to love it, and I think if I exercise more consistently I will get used to it.

Your food is looking really sexy at the moment Sals. I love FO soup and I really want to eat more fish and legumes and less meat and potatoes/rice etc. so your dinner yesterday would be right up my street. I have just bought a pack of frozen cod pieces (not the ones used by Cameo in the 80s!) and haddock pieces too. I have googled a few really good recipes for them, one of them was this one: Braised peas with bacon, lentils & cod | BBC Good Food - I actually have only just started eating peas (I know its crazy, but I hated the blighters) and I really want to make this one. I also fancy giving a cod chowder a go, but using phili light as a sub for cream.

That soup sounds nice and low in cals too - I might have to purchase some of that. Is it filling?

Pretty bit of crocheting too. You should do loads of little squares and make a big old blanket.

xx

Honestly, the exercising thing is so weird...start off hating it, dreading it, then suddenly the old brainbox gets addicted to the endorphin rush and you can't get enough. It's just getting over that first 3-6 weeks I think. Those cannelinni beans were AMAZING, really creamy. I'm going to make a mash with them soon I think...I hated beans and pulses all of my life until 3 years ago so I know what you mean about peas - it's weird!

I am planning on making a big blanket (that will end up in the loft with the rest of my short lived obsessions)

Hey Sally. Food sounds divine!
I am all better thank you. Off plan over Easter and back on it now. Managed to lose 3 pounds last week somehow so I am now in the tens!! Very happy with that.
Addicted to salmon with sw fried rice and roasted veg at the most..yum
Take care of yourself xxx

HOORAY FOR THE TENS! :banana dancer:. I adore salmon, it's definitely my favourite fish...hmm, must get some salmon in me this week I think.

Thursday!

Yet another beautiful morning - oh, I hope this weather sticks around for the whole of spring and summer, wouldn't that be just fantastic?

Great day yesterday although I did manage to wear myself out a bit - I was so tired in the evening I just sort of grunted at people and gazed at the TV - still that meant I had a terrific nights sleep and woke up this morning raring to go - which resulted in another fast walk to work - and my fastest mile so far. Whoop. I'm hoping to get the walk down to a solid 30 mins by the end of next week as it'll give me a bit more wiggle time before I leave.

Heading back to pottery class tonight which I'm excited about as well.

Yesterday

Breakfast - Crunchy bran and banana, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - Chicken and avocado wrap with salad. :drool:

Dinner - Chilli and coriander prawn stir fry

Snacks - Perle de Lait mango yogurt

1,643 total calories.

18,130 steps :eek:
2549 calories burned

Weighed again today on the magic scales and gained a pound but dropped to 38.8% body fat - do I understand this? No. Do I care? No. As I went and bought a new pair of jeans yesterday in a *drum roll* SIZE 14!

Back